1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 1 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 6 hours, 1 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: FFXIVAPP - FFXIV Parser     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    I think the other day I hit the manual update button by accident and it closed, and now every time I start it it says 'there is an update do you want to download it?'. If I click yes it closes and nothing happens, but if I click no it just runs like normal it seems.

Also, a link to the website might be good to put on the about tab.
    That's been happening to me since I downloaded it, I didn't hit the manual update thing. It seems to work fine otherwise so I've just ignored it.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

also, the parser doesnt seem to be very accurate, in my 8 man group I usually have 2 person running parser, and we get very different number for the 2 person parsing the fight.

The parser seems to bug out sometimes, for instance it it didnt even count one of the people in my party. This happened a couple of times a day but never once after the other.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Regarding the update; if it's always asking it's because I update usually 2-3 times a week unless I don't get a bug reports then I work on larger features as it's going through a full rewrite. There are times when it won't parse a line as well and this is because SE has some messed up coding. I know this as does everyone else when you see a "Someone mounts a." without anything.

There's times they even put the wrong chatlines in the wrong chat codes. I think the screwed something up royally myself.

Inferno, when you close it (unless you have it off) in the saved xml files of the chathistory do those people show up?
    Samano, because of the previous mentioned issue parsing other people has some limits as many things can now appear out of order. I'm setting a system where you can "link" parsers; only parse yourself which is 90x easier to do; and then share that data over a network link. I've yet to decide or poll anyone as to whether this link will be hosted on 1 person's PC or a central nodejs/socket server.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Another note I would suggest downloading it manually from the site if it's still wonky on the update notice. To me that means something blocked the files from replacing themselves.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I tinkered with the sound notification to play a unique sound when my BRD received the effect of "Straighter Shot" before logging off yesterday and it worked. I went home, opened it up again and minimized it, but this time it wasn't playing anything at all.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eidle Weiss
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

i was running ffxivapp for the first time the other night, I don't now if it was coincidence but after zoning into AK I totally lost control of my keyboard, it was spamming the number 5 for some reason. Never had that problem before or anything similar. I had to force close ffxiv and ffxivapp.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I can promise you that it wasn't anything I've released myself. Not only would I lose my job but I would face the combined legal might of many parties. Where you running anything else or a custom plugin someone made?

Quote Originally Posted by Eidle View Post
    i was running ffxivapp for the first time the other night, I don't now if it was coincidence but after zoning into AK I totally lost control of my keyboard, it was spamming the number 5 for some reason. Never had that problem before or anything similar. I had to force close ffxiv and ffxivapp.
    I've had it happen to me shortly after trading people in game, total loss of keyboard control, and I wasn't running ffxivapp.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eidle Weiss
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Skullcrusher

it may have just been coincidence, i havent run ffxivapp since, and havent had the issue crop up yet. I have razer synapse running for my keyboard macros it may have very well malfunctioned at that point. i'll run ffxivapp again this weekend, see what happens.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

v3 uploaded, it's a manual update; please read the update notes and by all means if there's in issue/bug/suggestion fire it off to http://github.com/Icehunter/ffxivapp/issues

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Weird, it says "settings do not transfer", but they totally did!

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Depending on version the probably wouldn't have That being said as long as someone one by one, copy, pasted, then renamed the file according to the update notes it should be okay. Lot's more updates coming!

I like turtles.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nadrojj Rolyatt
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Why in the fuck does it not save my events? That's the only issue I have with it, now I have to go through and create all the events again, other than that it's great!

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You see I don't get why they aren't saving for a few people. I've tried on 8 computers in the last week with and without teamviewer and it never fails to save Is there anything special I can help with? can you maybe PM me a download of the wav files you use and the exact events?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I find i need to hit x and reopen it for the events to save. If I close it another way or put my pc into sleep mode/dont close it, settings don't save. After I add something I always hit x and reopen. If that's what you guys are mentioning. If someone means they dont save through a version update, idk ;p

Any cool things i can do with the events thing? So far I have it make noises when:

(PLD)
    Spiritbond completes
    "begins casting High Voltage"
    Cover being used on anybody by anybody
    Shield bash proc (can be annoying with bulwark, might take this off)
    Benediction "
    Something is slept/reposed (Might be an issue and play the sound over and over with sleepga, might remove this. Sleeps aren't hard to follow anyways
    Anyone provokes anything (actually make it play the xi provoke sound )
    When provokes up
    Recasts on all defensive abilities
    Recasts on all offensive abilities
    When something is successfully silenced

(BRD)
    When straighter shot procs
    When straight shot falls off
    High voltage
    When buffs are ready
    Recasts on blunt arrow, etc
    When people use food (It's interesting to hear who's popping food without actually checking buffs)
    5 seconds before Caduceus adds a Determination stack

Anyone think of any more useful alerts?

It's very nice, nothing I couldnt do if i was paying razor attention to the game, but it's nice to have something there just to remind me.
    If I'm allowed to have a gripe over a free program offered, it'd be that sounds can't overwrite and there's no volume slider for specific wavs so i need to adjust volume of certain sounds in audacity. I like the defensive/attack buff noises nice and quiet and important things loud. I don't know how to code, so I have no idea if adding this would be complicated. Tweaking sound levels in audacity doesn't take much time so it's fine

But the major thing is that sounds don't overwrite, so if I'm relying on the sound for high voltage, but a damage buff comes up right before high voltage comes, the sound for high voltage starts when the cast bar is damn near full. It's not that bad for voltage cause on something like that I'm watching, I mainly use the sound to realize when the second silencer does his so I know I'm next. It'd just be nice if certain sounds had priority or something. Maybe a check box to stop all other sounds and play high priority ones first.

Love this plugin

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Thanks! Yeah; what all the plugins do is clear themselves then save when the app is closing. Not sure how sleep affects it though. I should probably rework that class a bit more me thinks. For the sound stop event; they are all run on separate threads but windows so far makes them run one after the other. Let me see if there's a duplex method so it can be over top the other

On a side note the first iteration of Informer is out. Anything you target will show current/mx (hp, mp, tp) as well as name and total status effects applied. I will be expanding that to show the status effect name, duration and who applied it sorted by player

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jahaudant Rivea
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Icehunter,

Since the update AOE parsing seems to be all kinds of messed up. The parser is picking up damage from who-knows what and associating it with Attack[+] for the PLD. It's bad enough that the parser seems to think a Flash spamming PLD is doing hundreds of thousands of damage throughout a few large pulls. Can't tell exactly what it's reading this from either.

To reproduce try grabbing a WHM, BRD, BLM and PLD and running Wanderer's Palace speed run style. Or simply going out and AOEing random stuff.

An a related note, really loving the Attack[+] part outside of this issue. Parsing Sword Oath seems way more accurate now.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Is it messing up you? because "you" is different than the party. AOE damage is the fault of SE >.> I can't fix that unless everyone run's their own parser I believe at this point. If the PLD is you; it should be okay. If the PLD is someone else and he casts flash, while everyone is spamming AOE, their damage will show up in the log even before his flash results do. Since party all shows up on the same line code; it's really hard for this in 2.0. Not even the other parsers can fix that. We can all try too though.

Let me see if I can program some logic around it; but that just means I'm programming something to work with SE's broken code and if they do something it breaks me lol

EDIT:

Parser works with the following logic.
    Did someone do something?
    Player = Player
    Action = Action

Is the line damage?
    Assign to last player that did an action.

BLM casts aoe.
    PLD casts flash.
    damage -> mob
    damage -> mob
    mob is blinded.
    damage -> mob
    mob is blinded.
    mob is blinded.

This happens all the time in the log

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jahaudant Rivea
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

In this particular instance I was a BRD.

Could you possibly prevent attributing damage to some unintended skills by creating a 'blacklist' of non-damage dealing skills to disregard. For example, in the sample log you just posted "PLD casts flash." would be parsed and recorded, but any unattributed damage that comes after is applied to the previously used skill - in this case "BLM casts aoe.".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast