1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 20 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 16 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -7 hours, -40 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: FFXIVAPP - FFXIV Parser     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That I could do. I would do the reverse though; and only keep a list of actions that do damage; I have a feeling there is far more skills that do no damage than the other way around. It will take a bit of time as I have to go through each skill one by one; and also for each language and create a helper class for that.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Damn, wish I opened the app today, barely got to log on. Does Informer show HP % of the enemy too? This kinda thing is really helpful for turn 1 and mobs that use certain things at certain %s, I'd like to rub the marker dot off my screen tats positioned at the 75% mark. Haha

I'll need to check it out. If you keep up with the features I'm gonna have to get a second monitor so I can have it up all the time. Is it possible to have an ingame graphical overlay for info like that?

I don't think it is so much that the chatlog is bugged, as it is things in the server happening in ticks.

You cast a spell, it goes into effect the next tick along with everything else.

Maybe I am drunk sometimes, but I swear I have got big cures off AFTER someone should have died but they lived.

I've been having a huge problem lately that is getting worse. Sometimes it just doesn't work. Nothing is in the log at all. Resetting it, manually updating, or just starting the app over and over eventually fixes it and stuff starts coming through. Tonight, I never got it to work which sucks because I kind of depend on it.

I did a clean download of 2 AND 3, tried manual updates, cleaned out my appdata, reset all my ffxiv settings.. nothing.

Informer works flawlessly however, but there is nothing in the log window.

Any advice?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Nothing at all in logs? o.O that's is strange... I usually restart PC at that point >.> I'll look deeper into it but I rarely get that problem unless I just updated the game. Azurewrath I have the value and it would be easy to put in there Right now is just current/max.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jahaudant Rivea
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Like the new info tab, is it possible to get a target current HP% in there as well?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'll upload it tonight with HP% and MP%. I found a bug that if you are on botanist/fisher/miner for some reason mp or tp ticks up... kinda strange lol

Quote Originally Posted by Icehunter View Post
    Nothing at all in logs? o.O that's is strange... I usually restart PC at that point >.> I'll look deeper into it but I rarely get that problem unless I just updated the game. Azurewrath I have the value and it would be easy to put in there Right now is just current/max.
    I don't know if this helps.

This is in the logs directory of the app, over and over.

Code:
    2013-11-05 16:08:54.1006 HandlingEvent :  :: Log Message Undefined ::  ::
     Extended Info ::
    Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
       at FFXIVAPP.Client.Memory.MemoryHandler.Peek(Process process, UInt32 address, Byte[] buffer)
       at FFXIVAPP.Client.Memory.MemoryHandler.GetInt32(UInt32 address, UInt32 offset)
       at FFXIVAPP.Client.Memory.ChatWorker.()

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I can't get that myself; just checked with a number of people. PC/Game is blocking it from being read. Does a restart of all three things fix it? You can try reinstalling .net as well from MS's support site.

I can't get that myself; just checked with a number of people. PC/Game is blocking it from being read. Does a restart of all three things fix it? You can try reinstalling .net as well from MS's support site.
    Restarting pc, game, app didn't fix it. It can't be a failure to read memory either because informer was working perfectly.

It randomly started working on its own a few min ago... I think I hit save and clear chat history and that fixed it, but who knows lol.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Soda Pop
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Odin

FFXIV-App is acting very strange after the update. I'm on 3.0.5058.38761.

It's showing very high numbers on Garuda-Egi and my DPS. It is also for some reason listing Eos the SCH fairy as dealing a lot of damage, which can't be right.

Spoiler: show

As an aside, I'm liking the Informer plugin! It would be great if we could get an in-game overlay for a display of certain stats (e.g. HP% of target). Off the top of my head, it would probably come in handy for things like Caduceus split.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

I can second the Eos thing. Ran a Titan yesterday where Eos did 239 dps. I know SCH are overpowered but wowsers.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Latest patch fixes those issues and another with the reset button

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Some memory based updates, lilbubbles please let me know if that fixes issue

Parser keeps listing my name twice, it never did this pre update.

The first listing of my name usually has my dps at what it's always been parsed by, and all of my actions listed when I sort it by actions, second entry with my name is much lower dps, usually almost the same amount of total damage. and lists just miasma, bio2, bio DoTs (not the initial dmg, just the DoTs).

At first I thought maybe this had something to do with bane or multi DoTing, but it shows up on boss fights I just single target the whole time.

Also any plans to make smn DoTs scale with raging strikes? I believe it does this for thunder but none of the other DoTs. I know you can't record the actual dmg but could you apply a dmg% increase to the little simulation it does? have it end when the DoTs fades so it tracks the extra contagion tics with raging strikes as well?

really wish SE didn't release such a poorly designed battle log.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Help a noob out, is there anyway to broadcast the FFXIVAPP sound notifications into ventrillo?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kaomst View Post
    Parser keeps listing my name twice, it never did this pre update.

The first listing of my name usually has my dps at what it's always been parsed by, and all of my actions listed when I sort it by actions, second entry with my name is much lower dps, usually almost the same amount of total damage. and lists just miasma, bio2, bio DoTs (not the initial dmg, just the DoTs).

At first I thought maybe this had something to do with bane or multi DoTing, but it shows up on boss fights I just single target the whole time.

Also any plans to make smn DoTs scale with raging strikes? I believe it does this for thunder but none of the other DoTs. I know you can't record the actual dmg but could you apply a dmg% increase to the little simulation it does? have it end when the DoTs fades so it tracks the extra contagion tics with raging strikes as well?

really wish SE didn't release such a poorly designed battle log.
    Not a bug; I assume one says "YOU" the other says you're actual name? In ram the ID's are matched up to you're real name, the parser doesn't auto force you to enter your name in settings; but if you don't you will see 2 of you. If you enter name in settings (first/last/server) what that does is allow the parser to pull in your image from the lodestone; and also assign the damage to you're name rather than "you". I know people are weary of entering it. I've contemplated just having it pull the name from ram and bob's your uncle; no configuration for those things.

Is that the way it happened?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sigmakan View Post
    Help a noob out, is there anyway to broadcast the FFXIVAPP sound notifications into ventrillo?
    That is not currently a feature. That being said; there is the plugin API sample on my github so someone could build a chat based event notifier to broadcast to vent instead I will look at the options; I just don't want the software to be come too bloated to be used like my old logmodx was for XI

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That is not currently a feature. That being said; there is the plugin API sample on my github so someone could build a chat based event notifier to broadcast to vent instead I will look at the options; I just don't want the software to be come too bloated to be used like my old logmodx was for XI
    Agree with not making the software bloated. I think my request was more towards the Vent gurus out there. I'm sure there is some work-around to get this to work.

Not a bug; I assume one says "YOU" the other says you're actual name? In ram the ID's are matched up to you're real name, the parser doesn't auto force you to enter your name in settings; but if you don't you will see 2 of you. If you enter name in settings (first/last/server) what that does is allow the parser to pull in your image from the lodestone; and also assign the damage to you're name rather than "you". I know people are weary of entering it. I've contemplated just having it pull the name from ram and bob's your uncle; no configuration for those things.

Is that the way it happened?
    Before I entered my name, It had "You" and Invincible Shield on the list (which is my char name). It only did this after the latest few updates, never had "You" and my char name on the list or two "You"s before that.

Then I entered my name/info and now it has two "Invincible Shield" both with my pics.

they both list different total damage values, as well as dps, when I sort damage by action, one entry will have all of my actions, DoTs, Initial DoT damage, Festers, Ruins, ect.

The second entry of me will just list Miasma*, Bio*, and Bio2* as well as sometimes include Thunder* which is I believe just the DoT dmg and not the initial dmg.

The damage values between the two entries is never the same, the dps to selected monsters by player, the total damage done by both entries, as well as the per action, say one entry with all of my abilities will list 37k miasma damage, the other entry with only DoTs listed will have 60k miasma damage. and it's not like the DoT only one is always higher in these numbers, sometimes first entry with all abilities can have like 30k bio damage, and second entry with only DoTs will have 20k bio damage.

Sorry if this isn't very clear.

tl:dr
    Two entries for my character on the parser
    pre name entering: one with my char name, one with "You"
    post name entering: two entries with my char name and pic on them
    Damage is never the same for both entries
    One entry lists all my actions, one entry lists DoTs only (dmg for DoTs is not the same for both entries)

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Kaomst View Post
    Before I entered my name, It had "You" and Invincible Shield on the list (which is my char name). It only did this after the latest few updates, never had "You" and my char name on the list or two "You"s before that.

Then I entered my name/info and now it has two "Invincible Shield" both with my pics.

they both list different total damage values, as well as dps, when I sort damage by action, one entry will have all of my actions, DoTs, Initial DoT damage, Festers, Ruins, ect.

The second entry of me will just list Miasma*, Bio*, and Bio2* as well as sometimes include Thunder* which is I believe just the DoT dmg and not the initial dmg.

The damage values between the two entries is never the same, the dps to selected monsters by player, the total damage done by both entries, as well as the per action, say one entry with all of my abilities will list 37k miasma damage, the other entry with only DoTs listed will have 60k miasma damage. and it's not like the DoT only one is always higher in these numbers, sometimes first entry with all abilities can have like 30k bio damage, and second entry with only DoTs will have 20k bio damage.

Sorry if this isn't very clear.

tl:dr
    Two entries for my character on the parser
    pre name entering: one with my char name, one with "You"
    post name entering: two entries with my char name and pic on them
    Damage is never the same for both entries
    One entry lists all my actions, one entry lists DoTs only (dmg for DoTs is not the same for both entries)

Could I get a screenshot? :D Never seen it... ever ><

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast