1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 38 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 14 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 19 hours, 38 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: FFXIVAPP - FFXIV Parser     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Icehunter View Post
    1) had bug; fixed now (defaults to 6.5 seconds between resets) , 5000 ms for the itnerval and 1500 ms for the fighting timer. Until I add in the "enabled/disabled" switch tonight you can just set it to like 60000
    Awesome!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm afraid of hitting download on updates in case it wipes my saved events, is there any way to tell if it will? Lol, I just probably screenshot them all

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ikuni Kuni
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Azurewrath View Post
    I'm afraid of hitting download on updates in case it wipes my saved events, is there any way to tell if it will? Lol, I just probably screenshot them all
    There is a Settings.Event XML within the Settings folder that I backup to avoid this.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The thing is I don't know how this is happening; I never lose mine when closing. Is there anything new in the logs for errors?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

If that was directed at me, I'm never losing anything, everythings working perfectly. I'm just afraid that if I download a new version all my stuff will get deleted. hasnt happened yet though, i dont even know if it would.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Something seems to be goofy on Crit hits after the new update. It recorded me at 11% on BRD on Turn 4, then another BRD in AK at 10%. Seems pretty off since I'm normally 33-40% Crits.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I can have a look at it; I do know from playing on PLD today it didn't miss one crit; I manually went through and counted after the titan fight... that hurt lol

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tieffy Wieffy
    FFXIV Server
    Gungnir
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Holy crap the translator is amazing! No more copy and pasting to fuggin google. Thanks!

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jahaudant Rivea
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

DOT's no longer 'crit' - that seems to be the problem.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

They never crit in app before to being with though? Since they aren't in ram (real ticks) I could only guess at the crit rate which would probably launch a firestorm. What are you experiencing Jahaudant?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

yeah i don't believe they crit to begin with if i'm not mistaken

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Right now I think the big thing is dots on multiple targets

In any fight with more than one target my dps shows is really low because i spend the first while dotting up targets ;<

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Azurewrath View Post
    Is there a way so it takes your current crit rate and applies it to dot ticks?
    If the first thing you do is Bio, happens to crit, 100% crit rate (or zero, if you fail). DD jobs have access to Inner Release (+30% crit rate). I don't think that's a good idea.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

is there any way for the event alarm to not need the full line? doesnt seem like "casting High Voltage" works so I have to enter in every ball name "The Whatever begins casting High Voltage." etc would be nice, seems finicky either way, alarm didnt start playing until midfight last time I did t2 and it was set up right "The ADS begins casting High Voltage."

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If you're not showing in the parser then dot's won't count; if however you use 1 action; then every dot you apply will track. If you're solo you might be hitting the auto-reset feature and should turn it off or increase the timer.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    is there any way for the event alarm to not need the full line? doesnt seem like "casting High Voltage" works so I have to enter in every ball name "The Whatever begins casting High Voltage." etc would be nice, seems finicky either way, alarm didnt start playing until midfight last time I did t2 and it was set up right "The ADS begins casting High Voltage."
    ^.+begins casting High Voltage\.

Should work

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alkimi Asura
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Regarding the Event plug-in, I've put another .wav file in the same folder as the other sound so I can have different sounds for Death Sentence and Twister, but FFXIVAPP doesn't play it, no matter which sound I put in there. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong here?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jahaudant Rivea
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Never really paid attention to DOTs in the past. What I mean to say is, DOTs aren't 'critting' (by virtue of how they are calculated) but they are still included in your average crit rate number. Or so it seems?

Example, I'll parse a few minutes or so on BRD and if I check the skill run down I see something like
    200x Auto Attacks @ 24% crit
    90x Heavy Shot @ 24% crit
    25x Straight Shot @ 70% crit
    etc etc then...
    250x Windbite DOT ticks @ 0% crit
    200x Venmouse Bite DOT ticks @ 0%

This particular example would give you an average crit rate of 9.5% because those ticks are being counted. In reality they do crit, and your crit rate should be 35% or so.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Aaaah I see. What I can do then is not increment the "used" count for the dot's (how many times I count them, once every second). In not increasing the used count it will then only decrease the % of Crit variable instead of Crit %

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Alkimi View Post
    Regarding the Event plug-in, I've put another .wav file in the same folder as the other sound so I can have different sounds for Death Sentence and Twister, but FFXIVAPP doesn't play it, no matter which sound I put in there. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong here?
    I use this simple website to convert random sounds (mp3) into .wav, no problems with playback. Just run your file through it.
    http://media.io

As a side note, if you want spoken audios (like "dodge now that laser, derpy derp!" or "raging strikes is ready") instead of beeps for events, you can use some online Text-to-Speech websites to generate mp3 audio and convert them to MP3, some examples:
    http://www.fromtexttospeech.com/
    http://www2.research.att.com/~ttsweb/tts/demo.php
    http://ctrlq.org/listen/
    http://translate.google.com/translat...en&q=something

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast