1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 30 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 29 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 11 hours, 30 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 22 hours, 29 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: FFXIVAPP - FFXIV Parser     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

FFXIVAPP - FFXIV Parser

Version 2.0 is uploaded. You can download at http://ffxiv-app.com.

There are 3 plugins included by default
    • Event Notifier
    • Logging/Auto-translation
    • Parsing

It does not auto-update yet but if you go to the About tab on the main app it will tell you the version information for current/server.

Github is used for issue tracking (free accounts can be made) and also for the documentation wiki.

Site content is being developed as well.

Requirements:
    • "Run-as Administrator" or UAC off.
    • .NET 4.5

Logs are saved on exit if you press "yes" to saving.

Each plugin has it's own settings.xml file within it's own folder.

Always welcome to suggestions

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I congratulate you on your work but the final save is in a week. I don't think anyone is seriously playing anymore.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Updated for ARR.

French/English parsing is at 99.9% pending the way they handle area of effect spells. Currently they go off with other stuff in between.

Working on japanese/german now

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Thanks, I'll give a swirl later.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Resin Midwater
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Wow, awesome work, man. I'll definitely give it a shot tomorrow morning.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

fuck yeah parsers

will give it the old college try

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

great work thanks!

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Thank you~!

I do have a request. I have many friends with windows 7/8 and none have issues with the plugins loading (star icon on left).

Is there anyone here where the plugins don't load??? That uses windows 7.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

XIVapp appears to be missing most of the initial damage from Thunder I, II, and III. It also seems incapable of reading DoT damage, but I guess that's because the combat log doesn't record it? Is there any way for you to pull DoT damage from memory events?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Is there a way to make the FFXIVAPP client always be on top? And if so, is there a smaller more tabular layout of the DPS parser?

Great tool, will be using it to test out some stats in beta.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Is there a way to stop parsing without closing the program?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

XIVapp doesn't currently seem to be tracking the results of Cure III on any targets other than the initial, selected target. It does seem to properly track Medica I/II. Also, due to HoTs not appearing in the logs I'm guessing, it can't track those either.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

DoT from what I see is not anwhere in memory; which is very sad. Regarding missing damage on purpose I only take the first hit for the following reason:
    You use rampart.
    person 1 gets blah...
    Someone uses another aoe skill.
    person 2 gets blah...
    person 3 gets another aoe blah...
    someone uses aoe weaponskill.
    enemy 1 takes blah
    person 4 gets blah.
    enemy 2 takes blah

They mix in together depending on what was processed by the server first. I'm working on some theories for it; but if two people cast the same AOE... currently there's no way in memory to distinguish who did what.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Also the cure only tracking first person. Do you mean you cast cure III on person 1, then a minute later cast it on person 2, it only remembers person 1? With medica I think I can explain. Tracking the results of it will not be 100%, that's the only spell i have listed as "multi" enabled. So it's either going to be some or all; but never 100% all until I figure out the issue in my previous comment.

I'm going to go through all the jobs next beta, and make a list of all skills are that are multi targetable and added them to my list. This might alleviate some missing damage for those.

Regarding the PM; just let me know if that answers anything as well as what I responded with Thanks!

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Cure III hits 1 target + all targets nearby that target; for some reason the parser is missing the nearby targets, but it tracks Medica (you + nearby targets) fine.

Your explanation makes sense for AoE but the missing damage that I PM'd to you was from a single-target situation and it was pretty consistent, though we didn't manually go through logs/FRAPS for those. For example, the parser likes to just drop the initial Thunder III damage.

Thanks for the response; we hope xivapp can be both robust and reliable by launch. It's looking pretty good so far.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah I had to remove 90% of my old 1.0 parser code with all the changes from 2.0.

I've just went through XIVDB.com and added all skills to the list of multitarget that I could find in the descriptions. Regarding any missing data outside the I will have a gander at it. Anytime you use parser ; when you exit it will ask if you want to save the logs; i usually click yes so that way if I need to reparse something for testing I just rename the file "sample.xml"; copy it over to the parser plugin DIR; open up the app (game off) and press the sample button. It will reparse again after that.

There's four possible scenarios for missing data.

1) the chatline itself is turned off ingame, You need to have 1 tab that as every dam chatcode turned on because they have a server filter; never makes it to ram or your logs
    2) parser actually missed the line (unlikely unless it's not formatted to match specifically to my regex)
    3) your game gets the line; but I dont.

this one is a little tough. In 1.0 there was 60 lines stored in ram. 2.0 100; but now there's 256 (that I've been able to figure out; as that's when the current line count resets). So it's hard to compare between the games outputted logs and my own saved log history (which is everything the app sees). I did a test however in a quiet place from 1-256 and then started over again. I was able to get all 512 lines so I believe the counter is correct. It's possible if the line is malformed that I just ignore it; but that's a very small change from what I've seen.

4) ghost in the code;;

I have setup a debugging method for anyone who is interested. Instructions here:
    http://ffxiv-app.com/About/

Basically if something is ignore or not parsed, it will output as a result there in the logging screen. So you can see what the line was exactly that was missed. It will also say the line type.
    var data = String.Format("Unknown {0} Line -> [Subject:{1}][Direction:{2}] {3}:{4}", type, e.Subject, e.Direction, String.Format("{0:X4}", e.Code), cleaned);

It will be in that format.
    Unknown Damage Line->
    Unknown Cure Line

And so on Before phase III it was 100% catching everything (except multitarget) so I will look into any formatting and run my log4view as well to ensure I don't miss something.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

For DoTs, since it doesnt show up in logs, could you just guesstimate the total damage done? We know the potency and duration, and the DoT procs every 3 seconds. From that should be able to get a general idea of the overall potency. Only thing youd need is the dmg equivalence of 100 potency, which you could do from an AA or any WS (since we also know those potencies). Its not perfect, but could work.

Then again, when SE releases kits for modding the UI and such, maybe there will be something that will allow parsing of DoTs to be possible.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

While I have a flash based version of the parser I'm not sure of the benefit of having it directly bound inside the game window. Anyone have some suggestions as to why it's good over having a popout from a desktop app? I look at those wow screenshots and makes my eyes bleed personally.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Fair point.

Is there a way to isolate the party's damage to a certain monster? You can view the party's damage to ALL members, but not for a specific target. This is useful for fights like Ifrit, where you want to view the DPS on just Ifrit, or just the fetters.

Apologies for all the critiques, it really is a great tool!

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well on the party damage tab you click member, click monster and it will break down for each monster. On the monster damage tab, click monster, and it will list all abilities done to that monster and the breakdown. I think that's what you mean right?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast