+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

I duno, unless they add ascended versions to already existing dungeon gear, or the ability to upgrade dungeon gear to ascended level (which i think is what they may do) its gonna reduce dungeon grinds solely for those making legendaries. Legendaries are still gonna be the top in terms of rarity and stats, followed by ascended which is cool depending on how hard they would be to get, since they will not be as rare or hard to obtain as legendaries. Makes me want to hold out to see how they look and not go after a legendary atm.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Updated OP with all of the currently available information on ascended items, infusions, the new dungeon, the new PvP map, and whatever else.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    I duno, unless they add ascended versions to already existing dungeon gear, or the ability to upgrade dungeon gear to ascended level (which i think is what they may do) its gonna reduce dungeon grinds solely for those making legendaries. Legendaries are still gonna be the top in terms of rarity and stats, followed by ascended which is cool depending on how hard they would be to get, since they will not be as rare or hard to obtain as legendaries. Makes me want to hold out to see how they look and not go after a legendary atm.
    Legendary is also that sexy achievement and character screen image!

All of the tears are delicious.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Most perplexed by the rage of the WvW crowd. Unless Infusions feature massive amounts of damage mitigation or damage increase, which I really doubt they will, the difference between Ascended and Exotic armor is nowhere near close to forcing pure WvWers (didn't know these existed tbh) to do tons of PvE to be competitive.

The only people who are really hit by the system as it's currently explained are supercasual PvE folks. Agony will stop them from progressing for a while because they won't have as much time to get the armor and infusions to bypass it.

That aside, this patch is really pleasing to me. I'm excited for something to do other than bash my head against a wall of lodestones for legendaries, and very excited for the dungeon as it sounds fun as fuck.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    didn't know these existed tbh
    Hi, my name is Rhyis. Nice to meet you.

As always, people are making a big deal out of absolutely nothing.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Me
    Watch the Infused thing work exactly like in GW1 and it makes one move that a specific mob uses not do as much damage.
    Did I call it or did I call it?

I'm so glad that blog post basically told all the whiners to shut the fuck up in the most polite way because this was something the end-game needed.

EDIT: The only even remotely solid argument these people have against ANet currently is that they are saying that you might NEED ascended armor with infusions to "complete" Fractals of the Mists.

To them I say this: (Based on the information we have)

It's a randomized infinite dungeon. First of all you don't "complete" it. You will get to experience all of the content within that dungeon because of the random factor. The only thing that ascended/infusions MIGHT give you is a chance to go deeper in one run. However based on the fact that you can do all PvE content easily in masterwork gear, I'm just gonna go ahead and assume that like Exotics, it's simply a way to maximize your performance and give you a bit more padding.

If that is the case then what is the issue? Everybody will get to do everything. A few more stats in WvW is negligible but gives hardcore players something to work towards IF THEY CHOOSE. Sounds like something this game desperately needs.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Arelian View Post
    All of the tears are delicious.
    I know. The reddit and official forum threads are glorious.

NEW ITEMS? GG ARENANET NICE GEAR TREADMILL I QUIT THIS SHITTY GAME

nerds need to calm the fuck down before they burst a vein. jesus christ.

Also, would it be bad form for a game developer to call their playerbase "overbearing morons"? I think that's what I would do if I was king of a.net.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It is extremely maddening to me to see all these people getting so worked up over nothing but conjecture. No where was it stated that you NEEDED infusions to do fractals. Jesus fucking christ the stupidity from the players is astounding any time they talk about content updates. I have never seen an mmo with so much melodrama every single goddamn time a dev makes a blog post or a post on the forums about upcoming content.

You have clearly never lurked the WoW forums. MMO players, and video game players in general, are such goddamn drama queens.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I have, I just don't remember anything like this every single damn time a dev talked about anything.

It's pretty bad on a regular basis, to be honest. GW forums are no better or worse in my opinion.

As far as the Ascended gear... I'll only be truly upset if you NEED infused gear to see all of the paths in Fractal in a single run. It is an infinite dungeon, and Agony is a decent way to keep it difficult without making things unreasonable. I just want to be able to clear all 9 paths in a single run of the place without Agony becoming overwhelming to the point where I need infusions.

Anyone else getting the feeling that fractal is going to be a mursaat themed dungeon now? would be nice to see a resurgence of mursaat and mursaat weaponry.

By the sounds of things, agony looks like it will play a major factor in the difficulty of the enemy in fractal, with each section gradually increasing the amount of damage agony will do. where i think the infusions will come into play is how you deal with that damage, i.e defensive will likely reduce the amount taken or reflect some of it back. it will come to the stage where it will be necessary to have infused gear to make the whole thing bearable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    It is extremely maddening to me to see all these people getting so worked up over nothing but conjecture. No where was it stated that you NEEDED infusions to do fractals. Jesus fucking christ the stupidity from the players is astounding any time they talk about content updates. I have never seen an mmo with so much melodrama every single goddamn time a dev makes a blog post or a post on the forums about upcoming content.
    Why does brokenpromises.org redirect me to the guildwars2.com site??

wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

It's really bad, even in my guild. I try to explain them that the slighter better stats don't mean anything in WvW and it all comes down to the usefulness of the infusion stats in PvE. Replies mostly involve "fuck ANet", "traitors" etc.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

And I just finished my exotic set last night. Yeah I'm slow, but damnnnnnn....at least I can't say there isn't enough content for me at the rate I progress lol.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I personally liked the bit about Legendary Precursors too. Either way, who cares. Zomg new items, quittin dis horrible gaem.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Aevis View Post
    It's really bad, even in my guild. I try to explain them that the slighter better stats don't mean anything in WvW and it all comes down to the usefulness of the infusion stats in PvE. Replies mostly involve "fuck ANet", "traitors" etc.
    Agreed. But people always jump to conclusions. Feels like FFXIV's OF all over again.

At least on the bright side, I have the incentive to look for a group for dungeon raids now. Farming dragons/zombies is getting pretty dull.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I'm just tired of all the melodrama surrounding this game, people need to get over themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    Most perplexed by the rage of the WvW crowd. Unless Infusions feature massive amounts of damage mitigation or damage increase, which I really doubt they will, the difference between Ascended and Exotic armor is nowhere near close to forcing pure WvWers (didn't know these existed tbh) to do tons of PvE to be competitive.

The only people who are really hit by the system as it's currently explained are supercasual PvE folks. Agony will stop them from progressing for a while because they won't have as much time to get the armor and infusions to bypass it.

That aside, this patch is really pleasing to me. I'm excited for something to do other than bash my head against a wall of lodestones for legendaries, and very excited for the dungeon as it sounds fun as fuck.
    The simple fact was/is that a LARGE majority of players have been complaining for a while now that there are no ongoing goals in the game. That there was no sense of progression. Now they are complaining about a new tier of gear that gives a slight (and I emphasize slight) progression path?

As a friend said, its a "new tier of gear" its not a new set of ilvl gear. Its not as if we have all been toiling away to gear ourselves in exotics only to have this new set of dungeons having full sets of higher level exotic gear. That is what we ALL do not want. What this is, is a new type of gear that allows them to do what needed to be done from the beginning... give us situational gear.

These 2 pieces of gear (that fill 3 equipment slots) are all of ~10 stat points higher spread between multiple stats higher than current gear. The differences mean very little in the overall scheme of gearing up.

The blog post itself was a breath of fresh air for me. It not only gave us insight into what the future of the Ascended items will be, but gave a real idea of them including many different types of infusions in the future. Right now we know that the defensive infusions will be there to mitigate (Spectral) Agony, but what will the Offensive and Omni Infusions do? My guess is that we will see these evolve into a place where Anet can give us profession specific augmentations that allow us to further modifiy our kits for WvW and PvE. This game has a lower ceiling than games like WoW because Anet is not continually raising the content level like Blizzard does every 6-8 months. It desperately needs a further detailed horizontal growth path and by adding infusions into gear that will allow them to give us situational equipment more and more. Now all we need is a damn gear set functionality and we could start to have some real fun.

--
    All that being said, I am most looking forward to their promised new set of legendaries coming in some (hopefully) near future. As an elementalist main, I find all 4 of our legendaries to be completely lacking. So much so that I am pondering trying to make something for my level 49 mesmer or my 80 warrior (who I basically just farm ori with).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

and the text is pink, fuck yeah for pink tier