+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: All Things Rock(Music)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Ashmada View Post
    Tbh, I stopped following Faith No More after King for a Day... Fool for a Lifetime: 2-3 good tracks on there, but a bagful of filler. And one of the good tracks was improved upon by Sentenced:

They're still active?
    Sadly no. I was talking to him after my grandmother's funeral and he said concerts are really the only way to make money now. In America they only really sell out small venues like the Warfield yet in Europe they sell out arenas and headline festivals which is sad. At least I got to see them do there final bay area concert. Funny thing about that concert was that limp bizkit was supposed to open and they double booked like retards so we got some shitty local band that didnt even want to be there. FNM more then made up for it though.

Tagus

Tbh, I stopped following Faith No More after King for a Day... Fool for a Lifetime: 2-3 good tracks on there, but a bagful of filler.
    I totally disagree. It's just a matter of taste, so I mean no offense... I've got a group of friends who think Patton is the pinnacle of vocals, and some that think he's overrated. I feel like anybody who has created languages to sing in really can't be overrated, but once again, it's personal taste. I've always felt like King for a Day was the album where he realized he had reached the pinnacle of the style he was using, and had to find new ways to reinvent himself or just start to copy/paste his previous work. Unfortunately he totally went off the deep end, and never really made it back until arguably Dillinger Escape Plan. There is definitely a "Patton conversation" that almost has to exist in any serious discussion of rock & roll, so that must say something about the conventional boundries that he took a big shit on. At any rate, I'll just leave this here because it's a heartbreakingly good song imo.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Sadly no. I was talking to him after my grandmother's funeral and he said concerts are really the only way to make money now. In America they only really sell out small venues like the Warfield yet in Europe they sell out arenas and headline festivals which is sad. At least I got to see them do there final bay area concert. Funny thing about that concert was that limp bizkit was supposed to open and they double booked like retards so we got some shitty local band that didnt even want to be there. FNM more then made up for it though.
    Went to a Lamb of God/In Flames/Hellyeah/Sylosis show a couple weeks back (so many of the worst fucking rednecks, but I haven't seen LoG or IF in like a decade, so I put up with them) and it was amazing how the venue wasn't huge (main floor is 12000ish sq/ft) and was maybe 3/4 full by the time LoG got on. It is just fucking amazing to me how metal does so little business in America. Saw Cattle Decapitation at a venue 1/10th the size and had maybe 150 in by the time they got on stage.

If you like an artist/band, go to their show and buy a tshirt.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    This reminds me of Repo the genetic opera

specifically

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

yeah I fucking love Repo

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

rumor is the main guy behind Ayreon wants Claudio Sanchez from Coheed to be one of the characters in the next album, would bust so many nuts.

Bring on the Revolution
    BG Level

I recommend the movie btw. Anthony Head does have an awesome Voice

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinox View Post
    I recommend the movie btw. Anthony Head does have an awesome Voice

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    rumor is the main guy behind Ayreon wants Claudio Sanchez from Coheed to be one of the characters in the next album, would bust so many nuts.
    The only guy behind Ayreon.
    Don't know Coheed, but the guy has collaborated with so many talented musicians&singers, including rock royalty:

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

The only guy behind Ayreon.
    Don't know Coheed, but the guy has collaborated with so many talented musicians&singers, including rock royalty:
    idk, needs more cowbell.

no cowbell though:

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Late but, fucking yes to all things RUSH.

Can't have a rock thread without some Pink Floyd

If you can't tell already, I'm more in to classic rock. I like these guys though, plus they're Texas based. :D

Honorable mention. THE CLASH AT DEMONHEAD (Movie version of the song was better IMO)

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Don't know Coheed
    gtfo

Spoiler: show
    heres some!

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma View Post
    In This Moment
    Marina Brink = all of my boners

Best rock song of the 90's:

Couple more of my favorite songs:

This is not a troll, yes it's Hanson, but if you've never heard this song I genuinely urge you to give it a shot:

Next, posting Mad Capsule Markets reminded me of two of the best compilations of the early 2000s: Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 & 3 Soundtracks:

And finally, RIP Tony Sly:

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

haha yessss powerman 5k

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Few days late, but there isn't a wasted moment on King for a Day. Definitely one of Patton's best performances, although in my book, nothing will top California.

The Sentenced cover is absolutely horrid though. Granted, I don't really care for their material after North From Here to begin with, but that is just egregiously bad.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Jakson View Post
    Went to a Lamb of God/In Flames/Hellyeah/Sylosis show a couple weeks back (so many of the worst fucking rednecks, but I haven't seen LoG or IF in like a decade, so I put up with them) and it was amazing how the venue wasn't huge (main floor is 12000ish sq/ft) and was maybe 3/4 full by the time LoG got on. It is just fucking amazing to me how metal does so little business in America. Saw Cattle Decapitation at a venue 1/10th the size and had maybe 150 in by the time they got on stage.

If you like an artist/band, go to their show and buy a tshirt.
    Agreed, Bay Area used to be huge for metal, and now unless it's a huge mainstream act, no one comes through. Almost sprung the money to take the wife to go see DethKlok with All That Remains but couldn't afford it. Supposedly KMFDM is going to put out a new album & tour, so we shall see.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast