1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 24 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 35 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -7 hours, -36 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 16 hours, 35 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 72 of 107 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 ... LastLast

Thread: FFXIV story/lore thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

tl;dr i hate a lot of people who make lore videos on youtube when they don't know SHIT

im the equivalent of those shiteating bookreaders in the TV GOT thread here

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    tl;dr i hate a lot of people who make lore videos on youtube when they don't know SHIT

Haha fair enough, I almost posted with "blah blah blah hate Mr. Happy blah blah blah"

These is a thread that seems likely, and that's that the Allag are responsible for Ixal losing their wings, and this is their homeland that was conquered by the Allag.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post

Step yo game up, nigga!

We all know you're the go to lore master, but it means little outside of BG. Wrong information or not, dude pulls in numbers with his videos, and so with it goes a lot of misinformation, lol. Actually every other website, Reddit included is pretty god damn terrible with the compilation of lore. The one semi-decent compilation was on the OF, but it's depreciated a ton.

I've actually been thinking about compiling the entire lore, timelines and, on the wiki. It would be a couple of months of work, however.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

All of Eorzea was once conquered by the Allag, so that's not really an uncommon thing. That there's evidence that the Allag are responsible for Ixal losing their wings is, and is probably one of the most hype things about the expansion for me lol.

Anyways, the idea of the Warring Triad being Allagan/created by Allagan is fine, the idea that they were discovered by Allag is fine, but the idea that they are some sort of Palom-Porom sacrificing themselves to become statues to stop the metaphorical walls from crushing their kin is unlikely. That doesn't seem Allag to me. We know the Doga and Unei clones are the exception, and that Princess Sara, the last of Allag royalty had a lot of time to reflect and wish to repent for her people's sins.

My Allag proofreader is afk and I can't check the ST CS atm, but that sounds right in my head. I don't want another Third Astral Era flub

I once said I hoped they'd stop leaning on the Allagans to explain away every fucking thing in the story because it's boring as fuck.

That hope was clearly in vain.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Ethys Asher is pretty good with the lore maybe give him a look and see what you think about him Rocl

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Think we're pretty much going to be stuck with Allagans until we leave Eorzea for other regions of Hydalean (unless it's Meracydia.. then we're still gonna be stuck with them, probably). Even if we ever go to Garlemald, I somewhat expect some Allagan tidbits there considering Darnus's family had a connection to them. That is, if any of his family is still alive.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Garlean magitek is reverse engineered Allagan technology, so they're pretty intrinsically tied. There's absolutely no escaping Allagan or Ascians, unfortunately, in the foreseeable future as Allag conquered most of Hydaelyn (Meracydia was an exception that wasn't conquered until the very end of Allagan reign--remember Dalamud is the reason for the Fourth Umbral Era as well) and the Ascians most assuredly helped them do so.

I don't recall anything hinting at the Ascians being involved with Allag tho.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

I always sort of took Lahabrea's intimate knowledge of the Heart of Sabik and the Allagans using it as Ultima Weapon's core was a tenuous connection, as was anything void-related with Ascians. After all, we're led to believe the summoning of voidsent is almost certainly a tried and true Ascian maneuver: see Blanga etc in early MSQ, Lady Amadine, et al. Then, Xande summoned the biggest voidsent of them all!

It might just be the Allag : Garlean parallel fuzzing my mind though, but considering the knowledge of the Heart of Sabik (something Allagans didn't know how to use) and summoning of Primals (which has been a tactic of beast tribes since Meracydia) it's likely the Ascians have been playing a hand since before the Third Astral Era.

It's certainly possible I guess, but I just got the impression that the Ascians knew stuff just from being generally immortal and therefore knowing stuff.

But I never really got the impression that they've been actively manipulating things for millennia, I mean there's the long con and there's the looooooooooooooooooooooooooong con.

Tho I guess, when you think about it, it actually does make sense if you figure that the 7th umbral era is the time they've been waiting for. It's possible the whole Astral/Umbral era cycle was put into motion by them (if not them then who, really) to achieve their ultimate goal.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    Step yo game up, nigga!

We all know you're the go to lore master, but it means little outside of BG. Wrong information or not, dude pulls in numbers with his videos, and so with it goes a lot of misinformation, lol. Actually every other website, Reddit included is pretty god damn terrible with the compilation of lore. The one semi-decent compilation was on the OF, but it's depreciated a ton.

I've actually been thinking about compiling the entire lore, timelines and, on the wiki. It would be a couple of months of work, however.
    can you do it on the FF (wikis) wiki, so that more people can read it? its dedicated not just to XIV but the whole series.. and they have proper gnomes there at the very least. also their FF lore content base is good - all typical FF terms have been covered and you can link for cross references and such

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    I once said I hoped they'd stop leaning on the Allagans to explain away every fucking thing in the story because it's boring as fuck.

That hope was clearly in vain.
    It's the new Zilart/Shadowlord.

Zilart/Odin*

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    It's the new Zilart/Shadowlord.
    Zilart had nothing to do with ToAU right? so in 5.0 we'll get stuff that's not Allagan related.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Kinda random but this seems the best thread to ask: I know Merlwyb's guns have names, do Raubahn's swords have known names too? Kan's staff?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Raubahn: Tizona (Didn't he have TWO swords? Yeah, that confused me too. It's unclear if the set of two is Tizona, though the text certainly makes it sound like a single blade, or if they planned the whole arm thing long ago and never bothered to name his off sword.)

Kan-E-Senna: Claustrum

see: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...any/twinadder/

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Lol the hint at him losing one was there all along!

Quote Originally Posted by layoneil View Post
    Zilart had nothing to do with ToAU right? so in 5.0 we'll get stuff that's not Allagan related.
    Thing here is we already know the Allagans conquered the entire world, unlike the Zilart who didn't really care to go anywhere beyond the middle lands.

So....short of jumping the inter-dimensional/alternate timeline shark suuuuuper early, I don't see us escaping them.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cem Bob
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm under the impression that along with the 2.0 reboot, the Ascians and Allag were written into the story for at least one expansion after re-release. I'll only start complaining if they're the primary antagonists for every single expansion that comes out during FFXIV's lifetime. Having them in Heavensward doesn't seem excessive at all to me, since ARR has merely set the stage for bigger events.

Question: Is Bahamut dead? By this I mean the original non-primal version. I detest to bring up Enkidu again, and the canon/non-canon can of worms that he brings with him, but he very much seems to confirm that an individual doesn't need to be deceased in order to be summoned in primal form, while the rest of the primals are regarded as beings that existed "a long time ago" and are more than likely long gone, with the exception of Moggle Mog, who never existed at all (or so we believe). I'm wondering if we theoretically could see a less enraged version of Bahamut in Heavensward.