1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 9 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 18 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 15 hours, 9 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 107 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 ... LastLast

Thread: FFXIV story/lore thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

For you Xenoblade fans, Tataru's VA is the name as Fiora's. Explains why it's good.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    Edit: I'm reminded, do we have any idea what happened to Hoary and Coultenet?
    If you talk the the people in the Rising Stones after you're allowed back in there, you find out from Hoary Boulder's brother that the two of them are also apparently missing I believe.
    Clearly, makeovers for everyone who could be ever considered a Scion are incoming.

Black Belt
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    I didn't even care Moenbryda got ganked because her whole purpose was to bring the macguffin to kill Ascians.
    i don't either but it's just the contrast compared to how invincible the original scions are.

with Nanamo there's 6 characters that "die" or go MIA at the end of 2.55, not a single body was found. 2/6 are confirmed to be alive. i don't think anyone expected all of them to go away forever but 0/6 is just atrocious.

and it's not like the cast isn't enormous already.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Clash Perez View Post
    Don't hate.

Papalymo/Yda antics are my favorite.
    plus 'dat ass

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Anyone else still think Tataru is still up to something? There's been those moments where she gives this suspect-ass look during cut scenes (most recent was after Y'shtola got her new outfit) where I was like dis bitch up to somethin'!! Her being mentioned in the patch notes as unplayable in TT made me think something was gonna go down, but I still think she's got some scheme going on.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Don Kamikaze
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Fhloston View Post
    Anyone else still think Tataru is still up to something? There's been those moments where she gives this suspect-ass look during cut scenes (most recent was after Y'shtola got her new outfit) where I was like dis bitch up to somethin'!! Her being mentioned in the patch notes as unplayable in TT made me think something was gonna go down, but I still think she's got some scheme going on.
    She is a lalafell, they are all up to something.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Why do dragons still attack us when we're riding they're dad.
    Because they're Team Nidhogg.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Fhloston View Post

Those are literally just how lalafell emotes look. Tataru is not up to anything, and as far as I know, she's only unplayable in TT during the parts of the story where she has no permanent location.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Because they're Team Nidhogg.
    He's Nidhogg's dad too >_>

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Ofc he is, but his dad isn't out to kill all humans. Niddy is. Doesn't mean they'll listen to Grandpa when Pappa Niddy is telling them to murder everything.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    He's Nidhogg's dad too >_>
    I asked myself the same thing and the only logical assumption I could get too is that Nidhoggs rage is vastly clouding their judgment.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

^ That's exactly what I believe. Just because Midgard says "hey, this one's alright" doesn't mean they'd stop attacking anyone. Even if/when we kill Nid, they won't stop from a design standpoint. What, are we gonna have entire zones having large swaths of green friendly targets? Its not like they're even a Rep grinding faction to hit "exalted" with.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Game legit says word for word that the majority of the Nid's brood aren't listening to reason. It's what Ysayle says after trying to talk to them.

I'm expecting a faction of Separatists to break outta Ishgard and become the new heretics to deal with in the wake of Ishgard's political upheaval. Nobles should not be cool that you basically put them on par with those people living in the Brume. Aymeric's idealism does not line up with how bad shit's been in Ishgard - war or not.

Also not really sure why all those prayers in Ishgard fueled KotR when everything and I mean everything in Ishgard references Halone. Shouldn't the primal have been Halone?

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

They probably both work but Thordan's Knights were more convenient for the Heavens' Ward.

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

On the subject of returning scions (you know they all will be back after some heartfelt bonding), not a single one of them had better be suffering from amnesia in some random church.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

minfilla will have a character shift and forever be in love with you

thats when YOU NEED TO GTFO from waking sands/rising stone/watever the fuck

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Quote Originally Posted by Qeomash View Post
    On the subject of returning scions (you know they all will be back after some heartfelt bonding), not a single one of them had better be suffering from amnesia in some random church.
    lmfao, brb checking the church of Saint adama Landama in Drybone.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthars View Post
    minfilla will have a character shift and forever be in love with you

thats when YOU NEED TO GTFO from waking sands/rising stone/watever the fuck
    fuck no. that is when you smash and make little scions

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Qeomash View Post
    Lancelot did it best!

...Poor bastard.

Also, anyone thinking we aren't going to have a 3.xwhatever dealing with each hastily-abandoned loose end en route to our trouncing of Thordian is crazy. Just because Lolorito says "Sod it," to chasing after a bastard doesn't mean we're ignoring him for the entirety of the game. We just had, y'know... more pressing matters, LIKE SAVING ISHGARD FROM GODDAMN DRAGONS. Was that REALLY the best time for us to queue a Benny Hill instance and start chasing this guy all over the planet when we legit had more important shit to do?

Some people want every goddamn thing wrapped up instantly or they accuse SE of writing poorly and abandoning things. Keep some goddamn perspective. I fully intend on seeking out a certain Highlander Asshole in the future; I fully intend on finding out exactly what has become of the now-primal Heavensward, and I sure as fuck intend to find out what the Garleans made off with after getting their generous black-clad asses handed to by my size 14 steel-plated boot. We just had more pressing matters. Seriously more pressing matters.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Also, we found Cid with amnesia in a church lol

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I don't care if the scions all come back with some interesting new quirk and new clothes - I welcome that, cause then at least there's SOME change to them. (Minfilia needs a new personality though more than anything else, chick is a blank). And leave my poor Thancred alone he's da best

I feel bad for people listening to the English voices. Set it to JP at the beginning and never looked back. Nothing to complain about ever except maybe that Tataru/Nanamo are REALLY screechy. Domans actually probably need accents in English - the different way of speaking (not an accent but rather different word usage) Domans have in Japanese is how other NPCs tell they're Doman. You don't really have that distinction in English, hence giving them some kind of weird accent to be analogous.