Thread: Elementary     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Elementary

Idk if the old thread was deleted, but it wasn't listed in any of my searches.

Pretty good show IMO. Plus, Lucy Liu is being insanely asian-crafty with her appeal-to-age ratio.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I watched the first episode. It was okay, but I didn't feel the need to watch any more. Take away the names Sherlock and Holmes and it's just like any other procedural and I watch enough of them already.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Dunno, I liked it a lot and enjoy it very much. It's a good fix for the fact that there's no more House. Except it's solving shit that's not medical related.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Cuddy guest starred in latest episode. I find this interesting seeing as House the character was inspired by Sherlock Holmes.

Banned.

BG Level

Re: Elementary

I'm still watching.

E. Body
    BG Level

Saw the first ep, didn't think too much of it. The BBC Sherlock seemed a lot more awesome than this.

I Have The Clap Again
    BG Level

This is a good show. So it prob will be cancelled soon

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Well, it's winning in it's timeslot
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/201...d-down/159731/
    It's not getting NCIS or Person of Interest numbers, but it's doing well enough I think CBS would keep it on and let it get it's legs.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Iono View Post
    Saw the first ep, didn't think too much of it. The BBC Sherlock seemed a lot more awesome than this.
    The BBC version is making an episode per book. They make 4 episodes per year and are running out of books. The US version is going to be 20+ eps a year and they haven't even begun to develop the Moriarty story yet.

Banned.

BG Level

Re: Elementary

The bbc sherlock still going? I need to download me some again

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

s3 is a way off because they are all busy with movies/other projects

This is not a bad show, I always liked the guy who plays Sherlock. Good to see him in a decent role

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dryr View Post
    The BBC version is making an episode per book. They make 4 episodes per year and are running out of books. The US version is going to be 20+ eps a year and they haven't even begun to develop the Moriarty story yet.
    Not sure if you are supporting this show or not XD Quantity doesn't equal quality.

But I guess it could be something to watch(more of) if they're doing a good job.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quantity is one of the defining differences requiring alternate or otherwise elaborated content. In fact

Spoiler: show
    Moriarty already jumped off the waterfall-equivalent in the BBC version, it's hitting a content crisis

They're different, but I like them both. Maybe the US version more due to that quantity (and both main actors are good)

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Like that Surface product placement.

I love that opening theme. Need a longer version.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So the show's back from break and...

Spoiler: show
    what does everyone think about how they worked in Moriarty and Irene? I thought the Holmes emotional roller coaster was pretty well done, all things considered, and it's an interesting way to bring in Moriarty and to give the rivalry some depth.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Just recently watched the pilot. Wanted to like it because I like Sick Boy, but it's just not any good. I was pretty disappointed.

The pilot was bad, the show got alot better further on as the character relationships got built, it definitely grows on you, Also on that last episode the acting was pretty damn good!. Lucy gave this I care about you, but you scaring the shit out of me face that was very believable.

I remember when it started, I was telling my wife damn this show is so much crap compared to the UK Sherlock, what a joke, then during the last ep. I was like huh, the show got much better didn't it...

Yeah it got goood. but why'd it have to be Vinnie Jones? seriously there are other british hardman actors out there.

This thread hasnt been touched in a while.

The episodes have gotten so much better, and the season finally has gotten pretty great.

Great acting also.