+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Toronto mayor impeached     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Because the laws generally concern possession, intent to distribute, or operating machinery/vehicles while under the influence. People can smoke crack in their house all day long providing there's no more crack/paraphernalia there when/if the cops show up.

that and they can't confirm from the video that the substance is even crack, regardless of smokaing a substance from a pipe generally used for crack

I live in Toronto and I'm just waiting to hear a more concrete update until I'm interested, all this recent development says is that the police have The Video

Lol This is in the news here too because for some reason he is extremely fascinating even for those of us who have no regular understanding of Toronto politics.

Hiiiii Howie! <3

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Toronto Mayor Rob Ford admits to smoking crack

Mr Ford told reporters at city hall he had taken the drug about a year ago but was not an addict.

The mayor has rejected calls for his resignation after the revelation that a video apparently showing him smoking crack was in police possession.

He has defied calls to quit, vowing to run for re-election next year.

"Yes, I have smoked crack cocaine," Mr Ford said outside his office on Tuesday.

"There have been times when I've been in a drunken stupor. That's why I want to see the tape.

"I want everyone in the city to see this tape. I don't even recall there being a tape or video. I want to see the state that I was in."

'It is what it is'
    But Mr Ford maintained to reporters that when he previously denied using the drug: "I wasn't lying. You didn't ask the correct questions."

Six months ago, the mayor said: "I do not use crack cocaine, nor am I an addict."

On Tuesday, he said: "I made mistakes in the past and all I can do is apologise. But it is what it is and I can't change the fact, and I can apologise to my family, my friends, my colleagues and the people of this great city."
    Mayor 4 lyfe

http://abload.de/img/robford53u8i.gif

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Toronto Cocaine Leafs! Your hockey team, your mayor and your city is a joke.

One love from Vancouver.

Ford has a lot of supporters. He has turned the city around the past few years. Unless city hall falls to pressure and refuse to work under him. Nothing can be done. Unless he resigns.

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

…Wow. Congrats, GTA, that's what you elected! Stupid fucking suburbs.

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

"I wasn't lying. You didn't ask the correct questions."

This is the Canadian Marion Barry. Jesus christ lol

PRINCESS NEWMUMMY
    space mini!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

And his approval ratings have gone UP... the fuck, Toronto?

Quote Originally Posted by Nynaeve View Post
    And his approval ratings have gone UP... the fuck, Toronto?
    Honesty in politics! We don't really care what you do, just don't lie to us about it!

PRINCESS NEWMUMMY
    space mini!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

The next deal will be that he used campaign funds to purchase crack.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

He was quoted as saying "Soory aboot that"

blax n gunz
    BG Level

News Conference just finished. Ford ended it with "God Bless the city of Toronto." There was laughter from the press. Not exaggerating.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

As there should be.

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    News Conference just finished. Ford ended it with "God Bless the city of Toronto." There was laughter from the press. Not exaggerating.
    oh my god I love it

One of my friends just retired from the Globe & Mail this summer, I can't imagine how much she must be relishing this

I have such little faith in Toronto voters given our other wacko mayor Mel Lastman, who famously declined to go to Africa for fear they would "boil him in a pot"

Eddie Murphy had a movie called http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dis...shed_Gentleman where he has the same name as a recently deceased Congressman and gets successfully elected due to the fact that people have no idea who they are voting for and just vote for the name they have heard of

It's how Reagan got in, it's how Jessie Ventura got in, Schwarzenegger and everyone's favorite, George W. Bush

thanks to brand recognition, those damn 905-er numbnuts (suburbanites in our amalgamated city) are gonna vote this oh-so-honest "regular guy" candidate in again, regardless of his policies, antics, or outright buffoonery

bunch of morans

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

At least he's down to party

DEUS VULT
    FITE ME

BG Level
    Blog Entries

just to illustrate how divided this nonsense is:

it's bad enough they come to our nightclubs and clog up the line-ups and crowds, can't believe they get to vote

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by isladar View Post

If you look closely, the purple part kinda looks like a big hand giving a big middle finger to all of Toronto.

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by isladar View Post

I'm color blind and this may be the most useless graphic I have ever seen