Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Toronto mayor impeached     submit to reddit submit to twitter

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Toronto mayor impeached

http://www.newser.com/story/158262/j...of-office.html

An Ontario judge ordered Toronto Mayor Rob Ford removed from office today, over an alleged violation of conflict of interest rules. Judge Charles Hackland gave Ford 14 days to vacate the position, acknowledging that the shakeup "will necessitate administrative changes" for Toronto, the CBC reports, but Ford says he's not going quietly. "This comes down to left wing politics," he told reporters outside city hall. "I'm going to fight tooth and nail to hold on to my job."

The judge ruled that Ford had violated the Municipal Conflict of Interest Act by participating in a city council vote about his own fine for violating the council's code of conduct, which had been imposed because he solicited donations for his football charity using city materials. Ford said that if he was ultimately forced out of office, he'd run again; the judge could have banned him from doing so for up to seven years, but didn't.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

He's Canada's version of Chris Christie btw, for those of you Americans.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Mazmaz View Post
    He's Canada's version of Chris Christie btw, for those of you Americans.
    Considering that we call him Chris Krispy Kreme, or variations thereof, what like nickname can we give this guy?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Built Ford Round.

I don't know.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Blobbert Gorge?

Is not holding the door open for those behind you considered an impeachable offense in Canada?

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Yes. As is not offering someone donuts after they run into you.

And turning off the lights.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teME3jZUfwU

This pretty much sums up Ford's career as mayor.

If you're looking for a nickname. Ford is known for saying he was gonna stop the gravy train at city hall. He's also fat. So can use the words "gravy train" and "fat" to invent a name.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Looks like you guys have yourself an interesting potential prime minister coming up

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

The thing that is hilarious about all this is that Ford will be able to run for mayor again. He even said he intends too.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kang View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teME3jZUfwU

This pretty much sums up Ford's career as mayor.

If you're looking for a nickname. Ford is known for saying he was gonna stop the gravy train at city hall. He's also fat. So can use the words "gravy train" and "fat" to invent a name.
    lol, mandatory epic fail

http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r...epic_fail1.jpg

What if he really runs again and get re-elected again?!!!1! lol

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

The Shitlord
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharo Hadakkus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Rivendare

Based on that trailer, I suggest the nickname "Happy Police"

Because even he can't solve this crime.

Quote Originally Posted by Kang View Post
    Ford is known for saying he was gonna stop the gravy train at city hall. He's also fat. So can use the words "gravy train" and "fat" to invent a name.
    My god, is this man trying to start a war on gravy? I, for one, am shocked and appalled at the attitude shown toward our liaison-laced-concoction friend, and cannot believe that he would seem to hold superiority over them! If we don't stand up for our zesty friends, then I ask you -- who will!?

If you stopped to actually learn something you might not post these uninformed posts.
    BG Level

Using public materials for a fotball charity is such a hipster thing to do.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Derock View Post
    This guy hates gravy and by proxy poutine and that shit is delicious. Off with his head.
    Let justice be done.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Re: Toronto mayor impeached

Poor Gravy Crockett.

Blob Ford
    Slob Ford
    Blob Poured

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Howie Roary View Post
    Blob Ford
    Slob Ford
    Blob Poured
    All good names. Some more hilarity here from the soon to be ex-mayor. This was from earlier this year.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/city...at-noon-monday

Mayor Rob Ford misses his ‘Cut the Waist’ goal

Mayor Rob Ford’s weight-loss challenge, launched with fanfare and smiles Jan. 17, ended Monday with a grim-faced mayor missing his goal by 33 pounds and then falling off the scale.

Ford’s ankle appeared to buckle as he stepped down after weighing in at 313 pounds. He yelled “Ow!” and fell heavily on his brother, Councillor Doug Ford, in front of TV cameras outside his city hall office.

“It hurts really bad,” the mayor later told reporters before limping back into his office. “I don’t know what happened but I twisted it pretty good.”

Doug Ford dreamed up Cut the Waist, a 50-pounds-in-five-months challenge, and convinced his 330-pound little brother to participate. There is a website urging others to lose weight and pledge money for charity, an official logo and an oversized scale from their label company.

“Enough’s enough,” the mayor said in January. “It’s the heaviest I’ve ever been . . . I’ve got young children, and this is not healthy.”

He enjoyed quick success, eating “like a rabbit” and avoiding ice cream. He was photographed running lonely laps on a high school track.

Pounds also vanished from Doug Ford’s 275-pound frame, thanks to daily exercise and diet changes that curbed a serious chocolate milk habit.

But the weekly weigh-ins became a chance for reporters, who see relatively little of the mayor, to pepper him with questions on topics including his losses at council on transit expansion and other initiatives.

In late February, Ford was down 22 pounds, the best he would do, but he warned that resisting fattening foods was “getting very, very hard.”

As pounds started to come back, Toronto got insight into the brothers’ close but competitive and complicated relationship. Though Doug Ford is fiercely defensive of Rob Ford, he repeatedly mocked him for cancelling weigh-ins, eating fast food, and failing to match his own weight-loss success.

Fed up, the mayor appeared to quit the challenge during their May 27 radio show, but later said he would continue dieting privately and attend the final weigh-in.

“I was pounding Rob every day, which is unfair,” Doug Ford, who lost 35 pounds, acknowledged Monday. Still, his brother showed “lots of nerve” and inspired people, he said, adding that his only regret is making the pressure-filled weigh-ins weekly instead of monthly.

“I feel like a champion, and we’re going to continue helping people,” he said, adding the amount raised for charity is being tallied.

Mayor Ford stood back while his brother talked, going to mic only when prompted.

“I could’a done better . . .,” he said. “Anyways, we’ll keep working hard and get down, that’s all I can say. But I want to thank the people that came out and supported us the last five months. We got a lot of support.”

Registered dietitian Mary Bamford applauded Mayor Ford for losing 17 pounds, saying that without the challenge he might have gained weight instead.

The public’s lesson, she said in an interview, is that losing weight is extremely difficult and takes more than personal commitment. To help, we need a more encouraging environment around us, with ample access to pools, sports fields and safe cycling and walking routes, she said.

“Being healthy is so much easier if the city is set up for it.”

With files from Daniel Dale

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast