+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level

ENB says his trailer speculation video should be up within 10 hours or so.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    In order to enchant weapons you'd need to invest in INT/FAI and attunement, both of which mean more SLs tacked on or less points in physical stats (so less physical damage).

Not to mention weapon enchants will always suffer from the weakness of limited duration and limited casts, also prevents you from changing weapons without losing the enchantment.
    No shit. So what?

............an SL 7 character can wield a 514 damage weapon and it takes a shitload of leveling and peripherals to match that with anything that scales normally.

The point is it's broken, that's what.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Lmao. Yeah, no. As much as I love DS (better PvP), it will never come close to a legit fg, ever. Let's be real here. Just no.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

............an SL 7 character can wield a 514 damage weapon and it takes a shitload of leveling and peripherals to match that with anything that scales normally.

I'm honestly not sure why you think that matters, if you're SL7 by the time you were able to make one you're clearly not worried about anything other than ganking lowbies or doing a personal low level run.
    Who cares?

Ridill
    BG Level

Is it possible that they got it by going thru the game at a low SL? Sure.

Is it likely that so many people went thru all that effort just to effortlessly one shot people on new characters? Not really. People are dicks yes, but that would get real boring, real fast.
    There are seriously large communities dedicated to exactly that. It's not just in DS, either. Almost every major rpg, mmo or not, that has pvp, has a big twink community.

In DS there's simply no getting around the fact that they're doing it just to be bitches... but... that's what like 90% of mobs in dark souls are doing anyway.

Ridill
    BG Level

Also... become darkmoon guy... go sit in burg and kill those fuckers all day err day with your SL999 havel whore.

So you can do that too. So how's it broken

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

He makes a good point, bottomless box glitch aside, but the time you are able to physically obtain a Lightning Zweihander +5 or other lightning weapon of choice, you have to have reached minimally Anor Londo. If you can get that far into the game as a level 7 character then I think you deserve it.

Ridill
    BG Level

yeah, if I was starting a fresh new character and I got invaded by a level 7 with crazy-ass gear and killed me and I knew he got it all legit, I would applaud him.

Ridill
    BG Level

sl1 > pyro glove > all souls to upgrade it

burg>tower>summon solaire + a player...

shortcut down into swamp, summon people for quelaag

run grab lightning spear from chest

done, like 20 minutes flat

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Why do people call it a Pyro Glove, anyway? It's not even a glove.

Ridill
    BG Level

so we don't burn our hands duh

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

I thought everyone on here had already done a SL1 pyro run. Very simple to do. No need to have used bottomless box at all to get anywhere in this game.

ALL OF MY BONERS.

i'm just waiting for epic name bro's speculation video, i'm sure he'll deliver even more boner material.
    as far as the trailer goes... well, i'm not trying to be the buzzkiller but it doesn't look like dark souls at all, in my opinion. more like a mix between dragon age and diablo 3, much more "americanized" (if that's a word). beside that i'm excited as a kid, really didn't expected a direct sequel, but as we all know dark souls storyline and lore is so huge that they could build up at least a trilogy.

EDIT - OH SHIT IT'S UP.

Dark Souls 2 (PS3/360,PC)

So much is blacked out lol. I don't understand why a company would want to limit exposure to a product they will eventually spend money on promoting anyway.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Audio-only follow-up to ENB video.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

In order to enchant weapons you'd need to invest in INT/FAI and attunement, both of which mean more SLs tacked on or less points in physical stats (so less physical damage).

Not to mention weapon enchants will always suffer from the weakness of limited duration and limited casts, also prevents you from changing weapons without losing the enchantment.
    Greater magic weapon with just 15 int and the non-scaling oolacile(sp?) catalyst is pretty effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Metah View Post
    He makes a good point, bottomless box glitch aside, but the time you are able to physically obtain a Lightning Zweihander +5 or other lightning weapon of choice, you have to have reached minimally Anor Londo. If you can get that far into the game as a level 7 character then I think you deserve it.
    Anyone that knows how to actually dodge boss attacks (or just cheese them with a crossbow) can do it. It isn't hard, I've done it on several characters. Non-scaling weapons are actually the easiest way to play NG anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by orson View Post
    You underestimate how easy it would be to implement. They could easily lock gear swaps when you invade. The thing is you take away invasions and you lose a huge aspect of the game.
    And if you removed the ability to swap gear in pvp, you'd remove a bigger aspect of the game than one-shotting lowbies in undead berg. I'm not saying remove invasions, I'm saying fix them by removing non-scaling weapons/magic, and not tying the invasion/pvp flag into straight pve mechanics (that can be done offline anyway) like kindling bonfires and summoning NPC phantoms.

EDIT: And by fixing low-mid level invasions and adding a way for those players to invade before beating anor lando, you'd end up with more people going online/human and actually doing legit pvp at those levels.

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    Greater magic weapon with just 15 int and the non-scaling oolacile(sp?) catalyst is pretty effective.
    It is surprisingly strong (198) but ironically because of the non-scaling nature of the catalyst, non-scaling being kind of the point.

The whole point I was getting at was that non-caling weapons, by their very nature, are unbalanced. If they want to implement weapons that are versatile and can be used effectively with any build (ele weapons being the prime example) instead of making them non-scaling just make the damage scale with SL at a reasonable rate. The weapons fulfill their purpose without being disproportionally powerful.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast