+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 92 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast
    Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce
    Trigger warning: Fuck your feelings.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Hatedregret View Post
    I thought everyone on here had already done a SL1 pyro run. Very simple to do. No need to have used bottomless box at all to get anywhere in this game.
    Well, any moran w/ a RA can beat it np. Can you melee your way around though?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

It's simply learning patterns in these games. I used a pumped up hand axe for a good majority of it.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Full set of 12 pages here: http://imgur.com/a/q34ES

Ridill
    BG Level

So it's confirmed to be a direct sequel then, according to them, but doesn't take place in Lordran.
    covenant system will return but will be "easier to understand". - which I have no problem with. But then he also says there were a lot of hidden story elements that were really well hidden and he plans to make those more directly expressed - which sounds bad considering hidden story lore is probably the next thing that makes a Souls game a Souls game after difficulty.

So like, DS is worth getting then? Sounds pretty brutal, /interest.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

The more I read about Dark Souls II, the less I want to play it. God I hate Bamco.

Ehhhh, I'm very worried about it. I'm a huge lore whore and Souls games had fantastic puzzle like lore. Seems like the game gonna baby you through the start too instead of punching you in the face for looking at it like it should.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

is it bad im like... first time i see that NPC im killing him and stealing that bad ass greataxe....

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Making the covenant system less bullshit = Great

Making the 'hidden story elements' which comprise most of the story in Dark Souls less hidden and more straightforward = Negative great

I felt great about Dark Souls when it was in development, but Dark Souls II makes me feel worried...

Ridill
    BG Level

I dunno, I want every game I play to be dark souls just with a bunch of different stories and shit so I don't care lol.

Final Fantasy 17: Dark Souls 3

I'd be down.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce

BG Level

I was hoping they'd try to replicate the grandeur that was Demon's Souls, instead of the buggy up the ass Dark Souls.

I guess if the background stories of the NPCs and maybe bit more lore of the world were explained it would be fine. I just hope the main character remains anonymous. I dont want our character to have any type of characterization.

Quote Originally Posted by Jefe View Post
    I was hoping they'd try to replicate the grandeur that was Demon's Souls, instead of the buggy up the ass Dark Souls.
    How was Dark Souls more buggy than Demons? You could cheese your way through so many bosses in Demons.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Re: Dark Souls 2 (PS3/360,PC)

Reserving my judgement til I see more concrete stuff. Can't say I'm particularly concerned as of yet.

Ridill
    BG Level

especially since this game might not come out until PS4.

Dunno exactly how they came to their conclusion, but the article said that the game was only 25% done and that if they kept up the same pace, the game wouldn't be done by the end of 2013.

Conejita's Jolly
    Chaparrita's Dulce

BG Level

I wasn't even talking about the bosses. If peeps wanted to beat the first maneater behind the fog, or glitch flame lurker, that was their problem. If I wanted to perform an action in DS, being a roll, attack, magic, w/e, it would actually work. I died a shit load of times because of that bs in DkS (the patch fixed it). The last straw that finally broke my back was the fight against Bed of Chaos. That son of a bitch never slammed the ground to get to his heart (I had to look up a video because I couldn't figure it out). After 30 min. or so trying, I was like 'wait, this can't be another fucking bug, can it?' I quit, went back and the slam was the first thing it did. I went berserk, and thus my hatred for this game increased exponentially.

Would be too risky to make it one of the launch titles for PS4. Though, would probably convince me to get one.

Ridill
    BG Level

Don't need to glitch flamelurker to beat him. You could just stand there and poison both him and Allant to death and all you needed was poison fog and the spell that makes you harder to be detected by enemies lol
    and I never had any bad glitches that I noticed in Dark Souls.

Aside from the undead dragon's lower body that stayed on the bridge in the Painted World, which they still haven't fixed.
    oh, and the Hellkite Dragon killing himself.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by AoE View Post
    Reserving my judgement til I see more concrete stuff. Can't say I'm particularly concerned as of yet.
    Yeah, it really hasn't been long since it was just announced. The concept art looks fantastic and the game is shaping up visually. I was a lore whore for both Demon and Dark, but we have to take into consideration that even the lores are very vague and ambiguous. There's a lot of wiggle room for expansion or clarity. A tooooon of wiggle room. Not to mention there's more story to add as well with 2 being a sequel. So I'm guessing they'll just refine some details but leave just enough that players are still intrigued.

I can't say much for the new directors. As long as they've learned from western hamburger mistakes, I'm sure they'll be okay. Come what may, will still probably be a day 1 buy for me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 92 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast