E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnus View Post
    No! No! Bad Japanese dev! BAAAAAAD! *Squirt Bottle*

I've been replaying Elder Scrolls games and they're pretty much braindead easy. Skyrim is the poster boy of this now that I went back to Oblivion. That game is so dumbed down it's pathetic. The subtle and dense universe is what players love about the game. If you spell it all out, the game had better hit a new level of depth unseen in Demon's and Dark.
    he didn't say he wanted dark souls to be like the elder schrolls games but just to have the same presence, so when people think of fantasy games they think of dark souls.

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I am very excited by this. But I guess that means that
    Spoiler: show
    Canon ending is where you link the fire, shit.

In any case, this is looking good but at the same time, for me, feels kinda not-so-Dark/Demon's souls-y. It is just a trailer though of course, so I'll reserve any judgements for later.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Metah:
    It's possible this is a prequel and not a sequel, so the ending to dark souls 1 may have no relation here.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Metah View Post
    I am very excited by this. But I guess that means that
    Canon ending is where you link the fire, shit.
    Naw, doesn't necessarily mean that.
    I don't think the "Age of Dark" means everything will be dark out all the time and is just more of a metaphor for the time after the great flame burns out. Like how in the Bronze Age, everything wasn't made of bronze. Though even if linking the flame is the canon ending, Gwyn used himself to link the fire before you, but the bonfire started to slowly fade away. Presumably even if the player did link the flame, it's only a matter of time until the flame starts to die down again.
    Though I have a feeling this game is going to take place in a completely different Age and the events of the first game will be left purposely vague if brought up.
    Though it could be pretty cool if there were two slightly different versions of the game dependent on the two different ending and the end boss would either be the player from the first game like how Gwyn was, or the player as the Dark King dude.

And completely random; I decided to finally make a twitter account so I could announce dark souls 2. But I have no followers to have announced it to! You people should totally follow me. @Burns_so_nice /finishwhoringmyselfout

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Caiyuo View Post
    WHAT THE HELL IS THAT DANGLEY THING. Could it be the dark soul?
    Quote Originally Posted by mightyg View Post
    Pendant.

Also HUURRRRRRRNNNGGGG Dark Souls 2!
    It's their soul gem. ( ◕‿‿◕ )

Ridill
    BG Level

When I choose an item to promote a game, it's either nothing or a pendant.

fuck just realized I know have over 8k posts. WHAT HAVE I DONE WITH MY LIFE!

we fuckin' stole it man.
    BG Level

Finished dark souls with pendant, get extras in Dark Souls II. Extras being, you get to have the pendant in your items inventory again in DSII.

Man I walked out of that place every fuckin time. I dint link shit. I want to start as dark lord in ds2

Ridill
    BG Level

I wonder If I would have ever found Kaathe and the Asylum revisit without the internet.
    I don't think I would have found the Great Hollow either. I would have found the chest, but I'm not sure I would have found the false wall- unless I accidentally hit the wall when trying to hit the chest to find out of it was a mimic or not.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

That wall is hard to miss with the 15 messages saying "Illusory Wall" next to it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Hnng. Woke up to my GF saying they announced this, so glad. I just hope it's a 2013 release.

Dark Souls 2 (PS3/360,PC)

The trailer looks so good.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Re: Dark Souls 2 (PS3/360,PC)

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    That wall is hard to miss with the 15 messages saying "Illusory Wall" next to it.
    Yeah mang I mean, why would anyone wanna play offline. That's so dumb.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    This doesnt exactly mean they'll make gameplay easier. Could just mean they wont put confusing things in the game that takes people forever to figure out like all the world tendancy stuff in Demon's, some of the covenant stuff, and even really hard to find places like the Great Hollow and finding Kaathe. Could even be referring to how Dark Souls starts out with 4 different ways you could go, but only being really able to take one path (as most players would get themselves killed trying to go into the catacombs or New Londo at the start of the game instead of Undead Parish.
    Those are the reasons that the game has such a strong following in a lot of people's opinions. Having secrets or even things like the darkwraiths gave the game replay and special aspects in NG+.

I agree some of the tutorial and initial game flow should be a bit more obvious. Stuff like the online message system and co-op shouldn't require an item. PVP is decent the way it is invasions are an awesome system but provide people with warnings of where and when they can be invaded possibly. PVP mainly needs some tweaks bur seeing the Artorius DLC they must have more in mind for it.

The main thing is they better not dumb it down to the Skyrim levels. Skyrim was great but had the depth of a puddle. Each is a good but Skyrim is a casual game Dark Souls shouldn't try to be that it will just be the next Kingdoms of Amaluar.

Ridill
    BG Level

the big problem with pvp is that with the latency the only way to keep it reasonable is to remove backstabs and ripostes, which pretty much takes away half the skill involved in ds

I don't expect DkSII to have a strong continuity with DkS.

Probably plenty of name dropping and thematic connections, but I don't see them answering too many questions or bringing back old characters (except Patches, ofc).

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Pvp invasions need a better on/off switch (compared to just being online/alive as is). Getting invaded by people with maxed elemental weapons/armor/pyromancy/etc. at level 20 just because you wanted to kindle a bonfire without signing out of PSN/XBL was kind of retarded.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Orson Dara
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    Pvp invasions need a better on/off switch (compared to just being online/alive as is). Getting invaded by people with maxed elemental weapons/armor/pyromancy/etc. at level 20 just because you wanted to kindle a bonfire without signing out of PSN/XBL was kind of retarded.
    That was because of the bottomless box glitch. They just need to take into account gear in matching. Invasions are a good system it is risk vs reward you have healing flasks the invader doesn't humanity and other items should be locked when invading too. The other thing they should do is compare total play time for matching.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by orson View Post
    That was because of the bottomless box glitch.
    No? Beating the game with drake sword/crossbows/elemental weapons/pyromancy/etc. at low level is very easy for a player that has already been threw everything before.

E. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by AoE View Post
    Yeah mang I mean, why would anyone wanna play offline. That's so dumb.
    playing dark souls offline is kindda dumb yeah half the fun is online

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast