+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 92 FirstFirst ... 39 79 87 88 89 90 91 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level

I like it better than the first dlc so far. Haven't reached any bosses yet though. The two AI Red Phantoms I've run into are pretty beast.
    I like the interior a lot. the exterior though... It reminds me of God of War, but I think PS2 God of War had better textures on the surrounding landscape.

Ridill
    BG Level

Why is it in this DLC the harder/more dangerous it is to get the item, the more useless it is?
    Spoiler: show
    And the way to Recolored Smelter Demon is such a huge pain in the ass, especially trying to get all the items which require you to fail the shortcut to get.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

So uh; this last DLC was definitely the best.
    Not even a question. If someone was to play only one of the three I'd say this should be it.

Also the reward for getting all of the crowns (you need to have Vendrick's as well) is underwhelming to say the least.

Now that they're all out I finally plan on going through all the DLC. Hopefully it feels a little like DkS1 in that regard...but longer?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Well, this last DLC felt just the right length. The other two feel a bit shorter than it (probably because both have optional sections with less incentive to complete them) and didn't really have any major story stuff.

The story related things in this last DLC were a nice touch and wrapped up the whole Lost Crowns saga pretty nicely.

Anyway, if you put them together its definitely more than AotA (but at a higher price it better be, right?) Level design is much better in the DLC areas than the rest of the game and this last DLC has arguably one of the better areas in the series if you ask me.

Ridill
    BG Level

oh, I thought this came out tonight. But its already out?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

If you have the season pass on PC it dropped yesterday.

Ridill
    BG Level

Is the optional "multiplayer" section utterly retarded like the last two dlc?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I didn't even find the area. I have no idea.
    I've only done my initial run through, I've got loooooots more to do.

Ridill
    BG Level

Oh man.. inside the cathedral... that was pretty great. I just dropped down and was just... "Oh shit."
    Also, apparently Steelheart Ellie's managed to learn some Pyromancy.
    possibly related to the Chaos in the region?

You know, as I was talking to this last reincarnation of Manus, I got to thinking and thought of something that could be interesting if it worked out- There's a few loopholes for it to work though... Is if Sunken City, Iron Keep, and Ivory Kingdom and Drangleic were all the same place, just in different times. First cycle would be Sunken City with its version of Manus daughter. Then next cycle its Ivory kingdom with its new reincarnation of manus, then Iron kingdom, and then after that cycle, it's Drangliec's turn. And then out of that would come another kingdom with its own manus daughter. Granted I haven't reached the end of this last dlc yet so I have no idea just how utterly impossible it'd be for that to work out that way.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

The optional multiplayer area in this DLC is off the scales on the bullshit meter. I suppose if you enjoy anus destroying difficulty you will like it but it's more just plain unfair compared to challenging. Without spoiling the wonderful experience and frustration too much I'll just say you will develop a new found hatred for ponies. The boss is also just a rehashed previous boss so pretty much par for the course.

Not sure if it's that big of a spoiler but regarding your spoilered theory while I suppose it's technically possible, the daughters of Manus know of each others existence and refer to their mission as if they are all working towards the goal at the same time.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Voyage1970 View Post
    The optional multiplayer area in this DLC is off the scales on the bullshit meter. I suppose if you enjoy anus destroying difficulty you will like it but it's more just plain unfair compared to challenging. Without spoiling the wonderful experience and frustration too much I'll just say you will develop a new found hatred for ponies. The boss is also just a rehashed previous boss so pretty much par for the course.
    That's a shame. So far I'd say this is the best section of all of Dark Souls 2, not just the DLC.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

yoooooooooooo
    http://gematsu.com/2014/11/dark-soul...xbox-one-april
    Bandai Namco has announced Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC.

Dubbed the “complete Dark Souls II experience,” the package will include all three downloadable add-ons (Crown of the Sunken King, Crown of the Old Iron King, Crown of the Ivory King), new NPCs to offer an even deeper storyline, improved graphics, and additional gameplay features and enhancements. The PC version supports both DirectX 9 and DirectX 11.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    meh.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I knew it would come to next gen consoles. Oh well, buying it anyways. And I'd better see those god damned lighting effects from the beta, shit was great.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I was waiting for this shit and they delivered. I'd rebuy this game in a heartbeat.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I probably won't, but mostly due to the date. This is dropping right after Bloodborne from the look of things.
    Yeah, um... pretty sure I'll just be playing Bloodborne.

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    I probably won't, but mostly due to the date. This is dropping right after Bloodborne from the look of things.
    Yeah, um... pretty sure I'll just be playing Bloodborne.
    Right? Seems stupid to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    And I'd better see those god damned lighting effects from the beta, shit was great.
    I could be swayed by this though.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Unless the new features are compelling enough I probably won't be getting it either. Already bought DS2 on PS3 and PC so buying it again just for "muh grafikz" doesn't sit well with me. From that trailer I see Heide's Tower of Flame now has a mother fucking dargon by the cathedral bridge so possible new enemy placements at the very least. It's certainly piqued my interest, but I'm not getting my hopes up too high for anything mind blowing.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Patch update coming to PC/PS3/360 on Feb 5th with new improvements
    PS4 & XBONE version to be released on April 7th (NA) & April 3rd (EU)

• Brand New NPC

• The Scholar of the First Sin character appears throughout the game and will reveal a new path through the Dark Souls II universe. What will this mysterious new character reveal to players?

• Expanded Item Descriptions

• Many items contain expanded descriptions to help deepen the lore in the Dark Souls II universe.

• New Items

• Players will gain access to a new item: the Agape Ring. When players equip the new Agape Ring, souls collected from kills during online play will be absorbed by the ring rather than the player. This allows players to control their online matchmaking experience by limiting their total souls collected.

• Online Matching Improvements

• The bonfire warp selection screen will now highlight the top three areas where players will have the best chance to connect with other players online.
      • White phantoms will remain in other players’ worlds for longer periods of time. Also, white phantoms will no longer return to their world if time runs out during a boss battle.
      • Other improvements to the matchmaking system will help players connect and enjoy Dark Souls II online.

• New Enemy Behavior

• The Imitation spell now affects normal enemies.

• Covenant of Champions

• Choosing to enter the Covenant of Champions will now allow enemies to continue to respawn after being defeated.
    http://gematsu.com/2015/01/dark-soul...in-screenshots