+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 92 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
    Banned.

BG Level

Am I the only one who doesn't care about the lore/story side of the game? I've played Dark Souls probably 400+ hours, and seriously I don't care about any of it. Interesting, sure, but just give me a customizable character and new awesome looking stuff/challenges and I'm happy. I wouldn't be happy if I had to watch cutscenes and do other storyline related things, though.

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

I'm not really concerned about the news because he promises there will still be hidden elements and things to discover while making the overall story will be more accessible. I really loved getting back into Dark Souls when the lore craze came about because I honestly hadn't given a second thought to any of it before the community started revealing really interesting parts of the lore.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

If I wanted to perform an action in DS, being a roll, attack, magic, w/e, it would actually work. I died a shit load of times because of that bs in DkS (the patch fixed it).
    At least 90% of the time this happened to me it was because I caused it myself by trying to spam/perform moves while in hitstun or during another move.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Re: Dark Souls 2 (PS3/360,PC)

Apparently Jefe had Dark Souls: Murphy's Law Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Heavencloud View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't care about the lore/story side of the game? I've played Dark Souls probably 400+ hours, and seriously I don't care about any of it. Interesting, sure, but just give me a customizable character and new awesome looking stuff/challenges and I'm happy. I wouldn't be happy if I had to watch cutscenes and do other storyline related things, though.
    I'm the same way. I played for the gameplay and the challenge, so that wouldn't bother me at all.

Banned.
    Account locked at request of user.

BG Level

the more I hear about this game the less optimistic I get about it

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

At least I'm not alone

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

"...for instance, that the veil of ambiguity hovering over the Souls games grew out of his experiences as a child poring over western fantasy literature. Due to his patchy comprehension of English at the time, there were large chunks of each book he couldn't decipher, leaving him to gill in the details with his imagination."

Pretty awesome source of inspiration if you ask me.

Let's go Red Sox!
    BG Level

Banned.

BG Level

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Possibly not before 2014

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Heavencloud View Post
    Fuck Bamco

I'm really worried they going to alienate the hardcore DS fans by making the game easier. Easy mode will destroy the appeal of the game.

I'm really tired of people complaining about the possibility of an easy mode.

There are plenty of ways to distinguish an easy mode from a hard mode that can reward and enrich the latter (exclusive weapons, items, spells, enemies, bosses, sidequests/events, etc).

It is far better to have 2 separate modes than it would be to have a single watered down mid-point difficulty that doesn't sufficiently satisfy either party.

Ridill
    BG Level

who even gives a shit if it's distinguished?

dark souls isn't an mmo, nobody cares what an amazing weapon you have, play the game and completely ignore ezmode

Ridill
    BG Level

Yeah, I would be perfectly fine if they made an easy mode as long as they kept in the normal mode. But if they made the game just flat out easier with no other difficulty options...

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    who even gives a shit if it's distinguished?

dark souls isn't an mmo, nobody cares what an amazing weapon you have, play the game and completely ignore ezmode
    That seems to be the most common complaint from people against an easy mode.

*shrug*

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I'd rather people just play a different game if they want easy mode.
    I wish they'd stick to their guns on accessibility and so on... the series is clearly successful as is and the fanbase is already GROWING and there's only been two games.
    They do not need to rush things by changing up the formula and alienating the fans that made the series into the success it is.

If adding a separate dumbed down mode of the normal game for people that need training wheels nets From more money to make more and better games then what the fuck should anyone care for?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Re: Dark Souls 2 (PS3/360,PC)

I think the real fear is its easy mood this game. More people go "omg good game!!" And the hardcore group loses its say In the game.

I do not mind as long as they keep the crazy die a million times mode in.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 92 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast