FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Dark Souls 2 (PC/PS4/XB1/PS3/360)

Namco Bandai and From Software have announced Dark Souls II at the Video Game Awards.
    http://gematsu.com/2012/12/dark-souls-ii-announced

Press release;

Leading video game publisher and developer NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. today proudly announces that the critically acclaimed Dark Souls(TM) saga marches forward with Dark Souls(TM) II, currently in development at FromSoftware in Tokyo, Japan. Dark Souls II will continue a legacy of goading its passionate fan base with unrelenting challenge and suffering that are considered a hallmark of the series; while presenting new devilishly devised obstacles for players to overcome. Dark Souls II will be available for the PlayStation(R)3 computer entertainment system, the Xbox 360(R) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, and PCs.

Built upon the foundation established by Souls series creator and Dark Souls II Supervisor, Hidetaka Miyazaki with development helmed by FromSoftware Director Tomohiro Shibuya, Dark Souls II will feature a new hero, a new storyline, and an unfamiliar world for players to survive in while delivering its signature brand of unrelenting punishment that players hunger for. Epic battles with gruesome enemies and blood-thirsty bosses await adventurers as they traverse through a devastated world filled with death and despair; only those who are strong willed or cunning can survive this journey to achieve great glory. Players seeking to share their experience will discover a revamped server-based multiplayer mode that will put a distinct Dark Souls II twist on the concept of playing with others.

"Dark Souls II retains the core essence of Dark Souls while evolving to present new twists and challenges that are sure to please longtime fans and attract new comers to the series," says Carlson Choi, Vice President of Marketing at NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. "FromSoftware is going to take a very dark path with Dark Souls II; players will need to look deep within themselves to see if they have the intestinal fortitude to embark on this journey."

"This new chapter in the Dark Souls saga presents opportunities for us to drive innovation in gameplay design, develop an entirely new story, and expand the scope of the world in which the player interacts with the game. We have taken these necessary steps with Dark Souls II in order to evolve the overall experience of the Dark Souls series," says Tomohiro Shibuya, FromSoftware Director on Dark Souls II. "The entire development team is striving to make Dark Souls II an experience that is fresh while not forsaking its roots in presenting players with challenging gameplay. Our goal is to surprise and delight our fans with new experiences and plot twists while enticing new players to join our dark journey."

More details surrounding Dark Souls II will become available in the months leading to its release. Begin your Dark Souls II journey at www.DarkSoulsII.com or join the Dark Souls II conversation on Facebook at www.Facebook.com/DARKSOULS or follow us on Twitter at www.Twitter.com/Filthierich

Assets for Dark Souls II can be found at the following FTP address:

ftp://65.87.26.24 Username: general Password: 4nbgamedia

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

from the second the trailer began i was hoping against hope, and i was like omg omg could it be? AND THEN IT FUCKIN WAS AND I WAS LIKE FUCKING RIGHT

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    from the second the trailer began i was hoping against hope, and i was like omg omg could it be? AND THEN IT FUCKIN WAS AND I WAS LIKE FUCKING RIGHT
    Yeah I was thinking it was that and called it. I guess I actually have to beat DS1 now

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I AM SO EXCITE

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Spoiler: show

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

I HAVE THE HUGEST BONER RIGHT NOW FOR THIS HOLY SHIT

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Words cant express my joy and fear.

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

So fucking happy to see this. Did either of the other games trailers feature a specific, unmasked and identifiable character like the girl in this? I wonder who she'll turn out to be and if she changed the role NPCs have previously played in the games. Really like the look of the new white-masked society/cult, too.

Is anyone seeing evidence in the trailer that it's a direct sequel as far as lore is concerned? I'll have to watch it some more.

Ridill
    BG Level

HSUYDOGFCJHVFDOGUINY7GV4YOCTGJ
    I was seriously expecting another 2-3 years for a new Souls game and I'm really surprised we get an actual sequel. Any word on a date?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

All I wanna know is where the story is gonna go. Then again, I guess it doesn't have to take place in the same area as the first.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by AoE View Post
    All I wanna know is where the story is gonna go. Then again, I guess it doesn't have to take place in the same area as the first.
    Trailer suggests up in the mountains with snow n shit

I was not expecting this, so fuckin stoked!

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

I'm wondering if that's still Lordran. What I'm getting from the trailer is that the age of fire has ended and the first flame is gone.

Just noticed the Raven and/or Velka in the very first seconds.

Ridill
    BG Level

Velka was my first assumption about who'd be in the game same way or another.
    She's got a lot of stuff connected to her in Dark Souls 1

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

Shit, I think so because it looks like the bridge to the painted world of Ariamis after the video cuts from the guy walking out of the dragon skull's mouth. I think you're onto something between the feather being exchanged between the two, the bird in the beginning and the Raven-people in Ariamis. That white-masked society might be like a new incarnation or the antithesis to the pardoners, too. As the goddess of Sin, maybe the pure white masks are symbolic of either purity from Sin or in that same vein, but as enemies of Velka and the pardoners as being without sin. If that woman's associated with Velka I don't know why they'd kill him if they weren't enemies to Velka.

e: Maybe not, the area he's in after crossing the bridge doesn't have any cues that I recognize so it could just be any random snowy mountain area. Hard to say since it's a fantasy game and reading too far into dark forests and snowy mountains seems awfully easy.

Ridill
    BG Level

shit.. every video keeps getting taken down. Glad I at least watched the trailer once already.
    Need to watch it again though D:

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

The helmet and mantle thing makes the guy in the trailer look pretty similar to solaire.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

alsohawks

ALL YOU YOUNG HACKEY
    PLAYERS OUT THERE

BG Level

Now the white masks at the end are making me think of Ciaran's porcelain mask and the Painting Guardians who wore all white which still works with Ariamis and Velka. Something curious was that it looks like when they show the woman at side profile, it looks like she has a braid of hair coming out of her hood the same way Ciaran and the guardians did.

Fuck I love Dark Souls.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 92 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast