Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Serious question. If someone gets exceeding amounts of joy out of making fun of Hyshio, will he pretend that he can get you banned from the program like he tried threatening so many people with Windower?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Leina Dee
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    Serious question. If someone gets exceeding amounts of joy out of making fun of Hyshio, will he pretend that he can get you banned from the program like he tried threatening so many people with Windower?
    Like this?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Given that this is a drama free project, if you cause trouble you will be muted in appropriate methods.
    Whatever past Hyshio has with Windower was between them, not our project.

I've known Hyshio for a long while now and have never had any issues with him. Personally, I know nothing about the story and picture above but I can say that from what I know of Hyshio, it must have been a lot to get him fired up like that.

As for the point of your question, no we don't/wont ban people from using our tool(s) but if you cause drama here, on our forums/sites, or elsewhere that involves our project, appropriate action will be taken.

There no is reason to act childish about things, so if this is something that happened in the past, leave it there.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Keep this thread drama-free, if you have issues with a poster, take it up in pm. This is your only warning.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I've never been threatened, nor do I care. I just think it's appropriately valid considering the source, and I wasn't trying to troll. Take your warnings elsewhere.

Edit; to further the matter, that's the last I'll mention of it.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I've never been threatened, nor do I care. I just think it's appropriately valid considering the source, and I wasn't trying to troll. Take your warnings elsewhere.

Edit; to further the matter, that's the last I'll mention of it.
    I am curbing the further this convo was being planned on going (probably not by you, but by others). Atom0s gave a good explanation to it, and I wanted to back it up stating that I want it going no farther in this thread.

Don't take it as an attack, I was just setting up the standard before shit goes too far by others.

First invited, last in the zone.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Does Ashita interfere in any way with KParser or ApRadar? (I wouldn't *expect* so, but honestly I only know scientific programming)

Douchebag LS leader
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Foldypaws View Post
    Does Ashita interfere in any way with KParser or ApRadar? (I wouldn't *expect* so, but honestly I only know scientific programming)
    *edit It doesn't rather lol so I'm told; it's all the same.

Will Ashita be moving into 14? I know 2.0 has got all the bells and such but we all know a little 3rd party interface help will smooth it out.

Tiger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

If there is nothing wrong with Windower, I do not see anything fascinating worthy of instituting a change right now; sorry.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Quote Originally Posted by Foldypaws View Post
    No, Ashita should work with all current third-party applications without issue. If you find something that doesn't work, let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by Yathatguy View Post
    *edit It doesn't rather lol so I'm told; it's all the same.

Will Ashita be moving into 14? I know 2.0 has got all the bells and such but we all know a little 3rd party interface help will smooth it out.
    There is a current windower released on our forums for FF14 but I have nothing to do with it. I do not like FF14 nor plan to play it. So personally from me, I wont be working on one if it does happen. As for RZN and the others, they may be interested in making a new one for 2.0 but I am not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Baelfael View Post
    If there is nothing wrong with Windower, I do not see anything fascinating worthy of instituting a change right now; sorry.
    As said in the first post of mine, it's up to the users. We are not demanding people to switch or assuming everyone will. The offer is just there if you wish to check it out.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I knew a few of the ashita peeps want to fiddle with 14, but it's a whole different system, so programs would have to be remade from scratch. I can easily see though if they do decide to tackle it most utilities that are in ffxi that are missing in 14 are going to get remade.

If nothing else, I will be pestering ragns for grid (aka MSJans) when 2.0 comes out because he clearly doesn't have enough to do and I demand things.

The 14 windower from FFEVO was pretty barebones but even it was a major improvement for 1.0 gameplay lol. (It only had distance/monster hp/hp% plugin)

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Yeah FF14 Winower is slim and not really popular since FF14 bombed pretty hard. The player base that it had left seemed to not really care to alter the game so it never really took off. When 2.0 comes around, if its popular enough a few of the other members might be interested in working on a new version. Personally I have no interest in FF14 and will probably never touch it unless it becomes free to play.

I use windower macros, so wondering if this has a similar option, because this alone:

Dual boxing support; fixes chat log glitch between characters.
    Makes me want to use it. It drives me crazy when I want to look at my chat log and it freezes my game. Never really understood why it did that.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

There is sandbox for that, it's been out a while. Only thing is you need to remember to turn it off before updates.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Been watching this program develop from the sidelines-- Very interesting and I will definitely check it out. Hopefully you dudes have a plan for the new UI revamp that SE has planned for the advent of Seekers of Adoulin.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    I use windower macros, so wondering if this has a similar option, because this alone:

Makes me want to use it. It drives me crazy when I want to look at my chat log and it freezes my game. Never really understood why it did that.
    Yes Windower style macros work, but there are some differences. You can set a macro to execute a script such as:
    /exec test.txt

Which will execute the script 'test.txt'. Then inside that script, you can use commands such as:
    /echo Hello world!
    /wave
    /equip main Excalibur

Ashita does not use the 'input' keyword. Just type the commands as if you were typing them in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    There is sandbox for that, it's been out a while. Only thing is you need to remember to turn it off before updates.
    Ashita does not require a sandbox at all for this feature, it is built into the core project itself.
    There is no setting to turn it on/off and it does not need to be disabled during updates either.

Quote Originally Posted by Sho View Post
    Been watching this program develop from the sidelines-- Very interesting and I will definitely check it out. Hopefully you dudes have a plan for the new UI revamp that SE has planned for the advent of Seekers of Adoulin.
    Currently, the plan is to wait and see what it brings. We're more excited to see how much can be removed from the project and left to the game itself. Depending on how the new UI is implemented we have ideas on how we can also hook into the UI features and allow even more customization things. But this is nothing set in stone and we still have to wait and see what comes of the update when it happens.

Every day I'm wafflin'
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Even though I barely play any more it's always nice to see someone do something like this for the old girl (XI).

Wish you luck.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

This sounds like a well thought out, and well made program. I look forward to using it. Thanks for the hard work.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I would like to bring a few things out into the open since people showed concern about my involvement with Ashita. As you all know and remember, I use to be part of the Windower team. I left for personal reasons and was suppose to retire myself from the 3rd party community. I came back at request of good friends who wanted me to help them with Ashita.

I am not doing this out of spite of my old team. I still show support to Windower and its team. Aureus, Josh, and Iyroku are fantastic coders and show their support to the Windower project. As atom0s said earlier, we are not in competition with one another. You can try us out, or stick with what you know best. Hell most of you will probably use both and that's something encouraged.

I will continue to support both projects even after I left XI. I know these people well and they know me.

Thank you

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast