BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Julian View Post
    Tried it out a few weeks ago and was impressed, definitely looking forward to developing some stuff. On the other hand, I don't see myself actually using it until there's a strong spellcast replacement.
    This. There are three types of spellcast users: clueless, script kiddie and sentient. You would have to cater for all three types to convince them to change over.
    Clueless people would need a converter that would convert their xmls (made by a friend or downloaded from internet) into .lua. If their xmls don’t work anymore with new spellcast, it will be a big setback. You could of course tell them to use gearswap macros manually for the time being, but noone really likes backpedaling.
    Script kiddies would need a converter to some extent too, but could be capable of tweaking the code after conversion themselves. There should be a table available for them showing how different functions (IF, ELSE, ADVANCED etc.) are handled between languages. Each spellcast command/status would need an equivalent in lua shown for easy changeover.
    Sentient people who can write a spellcast script from scratch would need good documentation to be able to do the same in lua fast. Also, detailed debug mode.

Insert witty title here
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Luacast and its development might be what finally pushes me over to Ashita. I have played around with it some before, and really like some of the features and plugins that are already out there, but I have said many times that without Spellcast or a direct replacement for it, I wouldn't play this game. I'll have to dig around in Luacast and all that Lua can offer when I'm on vacation in about a week.
    http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...x/19778987.jpg

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm very excited for this.

Hyshio you're maybe a little irked seeing us all brush over the main project only to fixate on OMG LuaCast!!! But it really will be cool as hell.
    I'm probably a little biased since most of my day job is Lua scripting hahaha. I'll pull down the project and poke around with the Lua features. I'm almost definitely too lazy to actually contribute anything of value, but I can at least give some feedback.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Where the hell is Motenten?

Okay, I'm one those "clueless" users. I'm going to try to slowly convert my windower things over to this before I actually try using this, but have some questions now:

1. I tried using some windower plugins but they would not load. In particular, I tried loading AutoExec, GuildWork, Infobar and Lightluggage. Is there a way for me to load these?

2. After a bit of searching around I found there's a LL equivalent for this program called Lotomatic, wondering if this has options for lotting profiles like LL does. If so, what's the command?

3. General computeringing question. I guess- I have ton of windower equip macros, is there anything I can use to just automatically clear out the "input" typed at the front of every line? lol
    Doing it manually would take a while.

Thanks.

find/remove "input"

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spagnutty View Post
    I'm very excited for this.

Hyshio you're maybe a little irked seeing us all brush over the main project only to fixate on OMG LuaCast!!! But it really will be cool as hell.
    I'm probably a little biased since most of my day job is Lua scripting hahaha. I'll pull down the project and poke around with the Lua features. I'm almost definitely too lazy to actually contribute anything of value, but I can at least give some feedback.
    lol nope we actually expected luacast was gonna be the big hit and was gonna be the reason people would use Ashita. We pretty much looked at the spellcast thread on here and saw all the request people wanted and made it happen.

We where originally gonna make the announcement with luacast complete but we need more user input on it to make it better. So any help would be appreciated.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    1. I tried using some windower plugins but they would not load. In particular, I tried loading AutoExec, GuildWork, Infobar and Lightluggage. Is there a way for me to load these?
    Windower plugins will not work with Ashita.

2. After a bit of searching around I found there's a LL equivalent for this program called Lotomatic, wondering if this has options for lotting profiles like LL does. If so, what's the command?
    Usage
    Lotomatic comes with a few basic commands. These are simply to turn the extension on and off:
    /lotomatic on - Turns the plugin on.
    /lotomatic off - Turns the plugin off.
    /lotomatic passall [on/off] - Turns auto-passing on everything on or off.

Configuration
    Lotomatic uses a simple configuration layout to handle passing and lotting on items.
    The configuration file should be located at: <Ashita Root Folder>\Config\Lotomatic.xml

Here is a sample configuration that was used during testing of this plugin:
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <Lotomatic>
     <!-- Flint Stone -->
     <itementry id="768" rule="loot" />

<!-- Zinc, Iron, Mythril Ore -->
     <itementry id="640" rule="pass" />
     <itementry id="641" rule="pass" />
     <itementry id="642" rule="pass" />
     <itementry id="643" rule="pass" />
     <itementry id="644" rule="pass" />
    </Lotomatic>
    There is also a tool to convert you LL profile

3. General computeringing question. I guess- I have ton of windower equip macros, is there anything I can use to just automatically clear out the "input" typed at the front of every line? lol
    Doing it manually would take a while.
    To insure widower scripts work:
    Comments are any line that start with "#" so any "//" in your current script needs to be changed to "#".
    Ashita handles commands differently "/input" commands are sent directly to the game bypassing the extensions so it is better to simply remove it.
    Third party program commands "/console", I think was the windower command are handled by the windower input extension. It takes "//", "/console" and "/con" and passes them to the emulated console interface for third party tools.

The short answer is replace "//" with "#" and remove "/input".

Thanks for the response, but 2 of the answers weren't quite what I was looking for.

Windower plugins will not work with Ashita.
    Got it. I got a bit confused because the page says that Windower apps will work with Ashita but I'm assuming by that you means outside programs like KParser and such, rather than plugins?

Lotomatic stuff
    I had read that post before asking, my question had to do with multiple different lotting profiles. From the sound of it, you're only allowed on lotting profile (Lotomatic.xml) instead of multiple different ones like LightLuggage allows. If I want to have two different lotting profiles on different characters active at once, is it possible? LightLuggage has the //ll profile "txt" option.

The short answer is replace "//" with "#" and remove "/input".
    I was actually looking for a way to do these edits without having to go into each file and do it manually, but I found a way now so it's not a problem anymore.

Bootstrap - the ability to interact with Ashita fully through C#.
    Now I've just seen this, incredibly exciting - Yay, I don't have to learn C++!

This was my main concern with Ashita the last time I spoke to RZN about it; learning c++... hurdles!

Insert witty title here
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I looked through some info on Lua, but it's a bit overwhelming. I am a technical person, and creating spellcast xmls is easy for me, but... god damn, I'm lost on this.

Does anyone have a sample LuaCast file that I can look over and try to get a better grasp on the setup, commands, etc? I remember when I started using Spellcast I had a similar feeling as I do now, and the only way I got past that was to get a few xmls and go over them, pull them apart, and try to make my own from there.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

So can this run with windower and if so how to start both up with pol?

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Thanks for the response, but 2 of the answers weren't quite what I was looking for.

Got it. I got a bit confused because the page says that Windower apps will work with Ashita but I'm assuming by that you means outside programs like KParser and such, rather than plugins?

I had read that post before asking, my question had to do with multiple different lotting profiles. From the sound of it, you're only allowed on lotting profile (Lotomatic.xml) instead of multiple different ones like LightLuggage allows. If I want to have two different lotting profiles on different characters active at once, is it possible? LightLuggage has the //ll profile "txt" option.

I was actually looking for a way to do these edits without having to go into each file and do it manually, but I found a way now so it's not a problem anymore.
    Lotomatic currently only supports a single profile but it would be worth it to suggest adding the feature, it wouldn't be hard to add and atom0s is great about adding things.

Quote Originally Posted by Esvedium View Post
    I looked through some info on Lua, but it's a bit overwhelming. I am a technical person, and creating spellcast xmls is easy for me, but... god damn, I'm lost on this.

Does anyone have a sample LuaCast file that I can look over and try to get a better grasp on the setup, commands, etc? I remember when I started using Spellcast I had a similar feeling as I do now, and the only way I got past that was to get a few xmls and go over them, pull them apart, and try to make my own from there.
    It may be best to put aside the way spell cast works and focus more on what you would like to do. At this point in LuaCast's development, it is not a drop in replacement. Rather a very powerful, easy to use framework that could be used to do the same things as Spellcast.

In your extensions folder you will find a folder name LuaCast, this contains all its scripts. By default LuaCast loads "main.lua" which also includes "events.lua". Events.lua is just a wrapper around the event system Ashita calls.

In main.lua you will see a number of examples of using the event system.
    for example:
    Code:
    require( 'events' );

function onHandleCommand( cmd, nType )
        print( string.format( "Incoming command: %s, type: %d", cmd, nType ) );

-- Override and resend..
        if (cmd == "/wave") then
            AshitaCore:GetDataModule():SendCommand( '/bow', CommandType.Typed );
            return true;
        end

-- test command
        if (cmd == "/test") then

local player = AshitaCore:GetDataModule():GetEntityList():Find( 'Atomos', 0 );
            if (player ~= nil) then
                print( 'Player: ' .. player.Name );
                print( 'Player Race: ' .. tostring( player.Race ) );

-- Speed hax!
                player.MovementSpeed1   = 100;
            end

return true;
        end

return false;
    end
    events.Add( "onHandleCommand", "luaCast_onHandleCommand", onHandleCommand );
    Code:
    events.Add( "onHandleCommand", "luaCast_onHandleCommand", onHandleCommand );
    Tells the event system to call the onHandleCommand function when the event "luaCast_onHandleCommand" is raised by Ashita.

Ashita handles every game input be it typed, macro or menu as a command and they are assigned a value by the game and passed to the event as nType.
    This allows you to do fun things like replace commands, in the case the "/wave" command. Returning true from this event stops the command from going to the game.

Documentation is very lacking and there are only a few events right now. We are trying to keep the interface/ events as close to the extension interface as we can. As always suggestions are more than welcome and if you need help with anything post a question or hop on our irc.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by kenshyn View Post
    Ashita and Windower can not be used in the same process. They are not compatible. There are a number of things that they both do that will cause the other to fail. I tried in early version to make them work together but was unable to without changing major parts of windower.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Correct, third-party apps that work with Windower (via WindowerHelper) will work with Ashita too.
    The plugin interfaces are entirely different between the projects and we do not have access to Windowers source or interface information to make them cross-compatible.

At the moment no, there is no profiling system in Lotomatic. I created it out of request from one of our testers and profiling wasn't mentioned so I didn't know this was something people had or wanted. I'll add it to the list of things to do though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazusu View Post
    Now I've just seen this, incredibly exciting - Yay, I don't have to learn C++!

This was my main concern with Ashita the last time I spoke to RZN about it; learning c++... hurdles!
    Keep in mind Bootstrap has its issues and such since it's still beta, so expect to crash when you use it.
    Be sure to encase basically everything you do with try/catch to help limit the crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Esvedium View Post

LuaCast is still very early beta and far from a replacement to Spellcast. At it's current state, it's basically just something for people that understand Lua to mess around with and interact with Ashita in Lua. Other than that there is no structure for it to work like SpellCast at all.

Quote Originally Posted by kenshyn View Post
    Yes, you can run both at the same time. Just start both of them as you would normally. You cannot use them on the same instance of the game though.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by RZN View Post
    Ashita and Windower can not be used in the same process. They are not compatible. There are a number of things that they both do that will cause the other to fail. I tried in early version to make them work together but was unable to without changing major parts of windower.
    Cool dang it I can't play without spellcast lol....

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Btw, one suggestion is to rephrase warnings (And maybe have a color code system) so people understand whether they're taking more risk using an extension than the correlating plugin. Otherwise, people will look at the extension v plugin and believe one carries more risk (Unless that is the case lol).

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Btw, one suggestion is to rephrase warnings (And maybe have a color code system) so people understand whether they're taking more risk using an extension than the correlating plugin. Otherwise, people will look at the extension v plugin and believe one carries more risk (Unless that is the case lol).
    For the warnings on our extensions, that are on our forums, it's typically just stated that if the extension modifies packets that we warn the users about this as things can be changed and cause the packets to be modified incorrectly. They don't really hold any more risk than the plugins you already use with Windower. While they are not as up front about what they do, their plugins do modify packets as well regardless if they say they do or don't.

For us, we just want people to know that the extension has a bit more risk than other extensions that might not do anything major.

As a comparison, Recast has less risk of issue than Lotomatic. Recast reads memory and prints the data to the screen and that's it.
    While Lotomatic reads and sends packets back to the server to automatically loot or pass an item.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

As much as I dislike git, you really should consider using github. At this point, anyone who has had to come within a mile of doing anything resembling programming in the last 5 years already has to have a github account. You'll be missing out a a lot of small random fixes from people when they have to jump through hoops to help (like profiles for lotomatic for example).

Insert witty title here
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

The info on LuaCast is appreciated. I'm getting a new small laptop up to date as far as ffxi goes after wiping it and installing Win8 on it, so I'll use that for fucking around with Ashita, I guess. I'm still excited about the project in general. :D

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast