BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Esvedium View Post
    The info on LuaCast is appreciated. I'm getting a new small laptop up to date as far as ffxi goes after wiping it and installing Win8 on it, so I'll use that for fucking around with Ashita, I guess. I'm still excited about the project in general. :D
    Running Ashita under windows 8, you must always right click > Run as admin. Setting it in the properties does not work.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Quote Originally Posted by Mercilessturtle View Post
    As much as I dislike git, you really should consider using github. At this point, anyone who has had to come within a mile of doing anything resembling programming in the last 5 years already has to have a github account. You'll be missing out a a lot of small random fixes from people when they have to jump through hoops to help (like profiles for lotomatic for example).
    We stick to what we have because it works. There is no reason to fix something that isn't broken by moving to a different setup. We prefer using svn, because it's slim, it's fast, and it fits our needs. Only three of us have access to the core code and the majority of the bundled extensions are not open source.

That being said, there isn't really room for public patches or fixes for things already because those bits of code are not public. The only part of code from Ashita that is public is the extension interface which is not changeable from the outside in. Altering the SDK will result in your plugin not working properly as well as crashing Ashita as it does not match what the internal core is expecting.

We have other custom things in place with the svn because it is hosted locally on our webserver so we have the ability to interact with it freely. Such as being able to create auto-updating capabilities that do not require people to use SVN if they don't wish to. For example you can find a list of file versions of the release svn here:
    http://svn.ffevo.net/autoupdate/

If people still wish to contribute, we have a forum, a bug tracker, and a wiki all located in the same place for those reasons.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Oh, I thought it was open source. Having a forum and bugtracker, etc, doesn't matter since a lot of people who would contribute aren't going to bother signing up for yet another site just to submit a fix. It isn't about the tools, it is about the ease of contributing. That's why even people who hate git use github.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by RZN View Post
    Running Ashita under windows 8, you must always right click > Run as admin. Setting it in the properties does not work.
    Anything analogous to this procedure under Windows 8? Would that make a difference? I am still on Windows 7 so I can't try it.

Edit: while I'm here, can Ashita allow you to run at the same resolution as your desktop without a window border, so it looks full-screen but you can alt-tab out?

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Subadai View Post
    Anything analogous to this procedure under Windows 8? Would that make a difference? I am still on Windows 7 so I can't try it.

Edit: while I'm here, can Ashita allow you to run at the same resolution as your desktop without a window border, so it looks full-screen but you can alt-tab out?
    Honestly i haven't tried running Ashita with GAC still on so I do not know if it will even work.

Yes you can run at the same resolution as your desktop without a window border. In your boot configuration set 'resolution_x" and "resolution_y" to your desktop resolution and set show_border to 0. you may also want to change backgound_resolution_x, backgound_resolution_y, menu_resolution_x and menu_resolution_y.
    if you have more than one video adapter you can use "d3d_adapter" to bind the game to it, just remember the first adapter is 0. Ashita will default to adapter 0 if you set it to an invalid value.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Hmm. Interesting. Not sure how I feel about some aspects of it, but I may poke around at the lua stuff later.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm getting the following error when attempting to run on Windows 7 x64:

"The program can't start because MSVCP110.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

The old version of Ashita I had was actually running fine and this only occurred after I used the Ashita Updater today. I have both the 2010 and 2012 versions of the Visual C++ redistributable installed. When i tried re-installing both the x64 and x86 versions of the 2010 vcredist it informs me that I already have a newer version installed. Any thoughts on what could be causing this?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Quote Originally Posted by cpu View Post
    I'm getting the following error when attempting to run on Windows 7 x64:

"The program can't start because MSVCP110.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

The old version of Ashita I had was actually running fine and this only occurred after I used the Ashita Updater today. I have both the 2010 and 2012 versions of the Visual C++ redistributable installed. When i tried re-installing both the x64 and x86 versions of the 2010 vcredist it informs me that I already have a newer version installed. Any thoughts on what could be causing this?
    You're missing the newest Microsoft C++ runtime from your system. You can find the download for it here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=30679

x86: http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...redist_x86.exe
    x64: http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...redist_x64.exe

Once that's installed you should be all good again.

And just a heads up to everyone the update today did break some stuff, we are working on fixing it as quickly as possible.
    We'll post more here when things are fixed, as well as on our own forums.

If you wish to join the fun check out our IRC.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by atom0s View Post
    You're missing the newest Microsoft C++ runtime from your system. You can find the download for it here:
    I already had the latest one for my system installed and I get the same error message after running a repair on the installer. I've included a screenshot with the version that I have installed if that helps at all and I've also tried rebooting after installing. Like I mentioned in my post, the version of Ashita I downloaded 6 weeks ago was working fine earlier today and it wasn't until I ran the Ashita Updater app that I had this issue. I also tried completely removing and re-installing Ashita and the same issue persists.

http://i.imgur.com/EEmAp.png

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I hope the documentation will be a lot better compare to windower as it look more dynamic compare to windower. Of cos i'm really interested to see how thing work out.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Hey everyone, Ashita is now updated to reflect todays updates. There are some changes to some internal structures that we are not 100% sure on yet so things might be a little shaky. Feel free to report any problems on our tracker.

Code:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ashita Version: 1.0.2.2
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Change: INTERFACEVERSION 1.38
        Change: [Extn] Bootstrap, AshitaAPI, and ManagedExample now target .NET 4.0 to ensure they work on Windows XP.
        Update: [Core] Extension handling has under-gone much needed love and should be a lot more stable.
        Update: [Extn] Extension SDK updated to reflect new changes to the entity struture.
        Fixed : [Extn] Various plugins have been updated to work with the latest update.
        Update: [Extn] WindowerInput has been better optimized.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by cpu View Post
    I already had the latest one for my system installed and I get the same error message after running a repair on the installer. I've included a screenshot with the version that I have installed if that helps at all and I've also tried rebooting after installing. Like I mentioned in my post, the version of Ashita I downloaded 6 weeks ago was working fine earlier today and it wasn't until I ran the Ashita Updater app that I had this issue. I also tried completely removing and re-installing Ashita and the same issue persists.

http://i.imgur.com/EEmAp.png
    Yea you need to do the x86 because XI is an x86 program. This should fix the problem.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

All I can find on your website is the one from October 1.0.1.1?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Quote Originally Posted by FNH View Post
    All I can find on your website is the one from October 1.0.1.1?
    Be sure to read the updates thoroughly. We do not ship in a single package or installer. We use a release svn.

I know this is probably a noob-like question, but are the risks of using The Ashita Project pretty much the same as using Windower as far as being detected and banned are concerned?

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Uselessaccount2 View Post
    I know this is probably a noob-like question, but are the risks of using The Ashita Project pretty much the same as using Windower as far as being detected and banned are concerned?
    Coincidentally, this was addressed not too long ago within this thread. If that didn't resolve it for you though, here's the summary: yes, the risks are the same; as such, the probability is just as incredibly low as it is with Windower. You're likely only going to be banned for more severe things, such as speed hacking happily through Port Jeuno and/or walls, botting, and anything like that.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

There are member extensions that allow those types of things, so I wouldn't really say the risk is identical (you need to download other applications with Windower.) It just depends on how you use it, what extensions you use, etc. But as far as vanilla Ashita goes, and extensions that are similar to Windower plugins, the odds are more or less equal.

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

inb4 Ashita is a gateway app etc.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by atom0s View Post
    Be sure to read the updates thoroughly. We do not ship in a single package or installer. We use a release svn.

What is the reasoning behind not having a single package? People are more likely to use something that they don't have to assemble themselves. It seems like you could distribute more of your product if it were as readily accessible are the other product on the market that someone has to do one download and they're set.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Quote Originally Posted by FNH View Post
    What is the reasoning behind not having a single package? People are more likely to use something that they don't have to assemble themselves. It seems like you could distribute more of your product if it were as readily accessible are the other product on the market that someone has to do one download and they're set.
    See here:
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/113...-the-most-part)
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/113...=1#post5511905

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast