Closed Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

At the moment we are working on our own developer site which uses Git. Once that is done we will have a backend generation for a new loader to be coded that will be able to easily pull the latest updates and third-party plugins/addons. The beta updater I wrote for v2 is just a quick and dirty thing to get the job done for now as Ashita v2 is still in an alpha stage for testing.

v1 uses the beta launcher I wrote as the means for easiest updating / installation. The news topics for v1 all state which packages you should install though.
    There are various sticky topics in the Ashita section of our site too that cover the general FAQ's, gives links to all the things I mentioned above, etc.

v2's installation process will be similar to v1's once the new launcher is done but I do encourage you to read our site and not just this thread for updates and news posts explaining things like this.

Campaign
    BG Level

Update:
    Solved the MSVC errors, but still getting error on missing config/boot file for V2.
    On the other hand tried V1 and everything is being much smoother, which is to be expected I suppose since it's much further on in development compared to his pretty new younger brother, v2.

And, if I may add, pretty damned cool too

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Quote Originally Posted by Sechs View Post
    Update:
    Solved the MSVC errors, but still getting error on missing config/boot file for V2.
    On the other hand tried V1 and everything is being much smoother, which is to be expected I suppose since it's much further on in development compared to his pretty new younger brother, v2.

And, if I may add, pretty damned cool too
    v2 is on the same level as v1 now after all the alpha testing updates and such. And then more so as v2 has an addon system similar to Windower that v1 does not have.

As for the missing configuration file, you need to use the launch.bat script to launch the game currently. Edit the batch script in a simple file editor like notepad and change the .lua script that its using to launch the game.
    You can create and adjust boot scripts inside the Config/Boot folder.

The process for v2 is a bit annoying at the moment since its still in alpha testing so a real loader has not been made for it yet.

Campaign
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by atom0s View Post
    Edit the batch script in a simple file editor like notepad and change the .lua script that its using to launch the game.
    This might sound naive but... change it to what?
    I've seen the main.lua file, which is the only file in the folder atm, and while different overall the settings inside are similar to the .xml file I have for V1.
    What exactely do I have to change in there?

The path in the batch file? But it seems to be finding the file so I don't it's that.
    Then I guess it's something inside the main.lua file? The error I get is "failed to launch boot file" when I try to launch the batch, which I had already tried of course.
    The default.txt script file also looks fine to me.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Nope, if it's already main.lua you should be fine. Just double-click the launch.bat to load Ashita v2.

Edit:
    Here is a post with info on the alpha loader at the moment:
    http://www.ffevo.net/topic/3354-ashi...hread/?p=36372

Campaign
    BG Level

Nope still get that error: "Failed to launch boot file!"

If it's any help, here is the current content of my main.lua, I didn't change anything and the syntax inside the batch looks far as far as I can tell.
    It seems he can FIND the file, he just thinks there's something wrong in it.
    Spoiler: show
    Code:
    --[[

Ashita v2 Boot config.boot_configuration

Please edit this file carefully! Invalid values can and will crash Ashita
        to prevent the game from doing invalid things!

]]--

config = { };
    config.boot_config = { }; -- Do not edit this line!

config.boot_config.name             = 'Default';            -- The name of this config.boot_configuration..
    config.boot_config.auto_close       = false;                -- Auto-close the launcher when done injecting..
    config.boot_config.language         = 2;                    -- The language id to use while running this instance of Ashita..
    config.boot_config.test_server      = false;                -- Flag to determine if we are playing on the test server..
    config.boot_config.log_level        = 4;                    -- The level of logging..

config.boot_config.windowed         = true;                 -- Force the game to render in a window.
    config.boot_config.show_border      = true;                 -- The game window border shown flag..
    config.boot_config.unhook_mouse     = true;                 -- The game window mouse hook flag..
    config.boot_config.window_x         = 1024;                 -- The game window width..
    config.boot_config.window_y         = 768;                  -- The game window height..
    config.boot_config.startpos_x       = -1;                   -- The game window start position..
    config.boot_config.startpos_y       = -1;                   -- The game window start position..
    config.boot_config.background_x     = -1;                   -- The game window background width..
    config.boot_config.background_y     = -1;                   -- The game window background height..
    config.boot_config.menu_x           = -1;                   -- The game window menu width..
    config.boot_config.menu_y           = -1;                   -- The game window menu height..

config.boot_config.boot_file        = '';                   -- The boot file to launch the game with..
    config.boot_config.boot_command     = '';                   -- The boot command to pass to the executed boot file..
    config.boot_config.startup_script   = 'Default.txt';        -- The script to execute when this instance of Ashita is initialized..

config.boot_config.d3d_presentparams_buffercount    = 1;    -- The Direct3D back buffer count to allow multisampling..
    config.boot_config.d3d_presentparams_swapeffect     = 1;    -- The Direct3D swap effect to allow vsync..

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

What language is your PlayOnline / FFXI client?

Campaign
    BG Level

EU/Eng.
    Didn't see these settings in the main.lua or I would've changed 'em.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Set the language to 3 or 4 and see if that helps.

The documentation for v2 is lacking currently since the loader it uses now is just temporary.

Campaign
    BG Level

Worked with 3 ^^
    Some plugins do not load up, but overall it looks more stable than I was expecting from an alpha.
    Gonna have fun with it in the next days, thanks :D

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Worked with 3 ^^
    Some plugins do not load up, but overall it looks more stable than I was expecting from an alpha.
    Gonna have fun with it in the next days, thanks :D
    Which plugins are you having issues with?

Campaign
    BG Level

I remember a couple having issues while loading, giving me an error message and not load up at all.
    One was definitely Peakaboo, the other one was... Uh... I really do not remember atm sorry =/

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

I remember a couple having issues while loading, giving me an error message and not load up at all.
    One was definitely Peakaboo, the other one was... Uh... I really do not remember atm sorry =/
    If you get a chance to, please post the error(s) you are getting.

Campaign
    BG Level

Was an error 128, and I was just typing the name in the wrong way. Works perfectly now :D
    Can't find the second giving me error but I assume it was something of the same matter

Watchdog calls the zones name with the french version when loading them. Is that normal?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Was an error 128, and I was just typing the name in the wrong way. Works perfectly now :D
    Can't find the second giving me error but I assume it was something of the same matter

Watchdog calls the zones name with the french version when loading them. Is that normal?
    It is based on the language settings you are using currently. In a future version of Ashita v2 I will be implementing a separate resource language setting so that people using European/Japanese clients can still use the English resources for Ashita if they desire. You can set the language to 4 if you wish which should use the Deutsche version if that is better suited for you for now.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Ashita Alpha v2.0.0.13 Released
    Release Topic Here: http://www.ffevo.net/topic/3416-ashi...sion-feedback/

Changelog
    Code:
    Fix: Crash issue with plugin loading with priorities.
    Fix: Priority based plugin loading to properly work.
    Fix: Bug(s) that would cause input from third-party applications to not work as desired.
    Fix: Bug that would cause ALT to be stuck down when ALT+Tabbing from the game window.
    Fix: Sequence repeating issues with WindowerInput plugin.
    Add: New data tools bit packing/unpacking to the ADK. (AS_Data.h)
    Add: Added events and packets libraries for Addons.
    New Plugins
    AshitaCast - made by Lolwutt http://www.ffevo.net/topic/3409-ashitacast/
    A spellcast mimic style plugin that allows users to create and automate gear set swapping and such based on various events and conditions.

BlinkBeGone - made by Demolish http://www.ffevo.net/topic/3395-open...e-blinkbegone/
    A port of BlinkMeNot to Ashita v2.

Navi - by Vicrelant - http://www.ffevo.net/topic/3402-open-source-navi/
    A port of Navi (automated movement/navigation) to Ashita v2.

ItemTools - by RZN/atom0s (Stock with release package.)
    Plugin that allows various helpful tasks with items such as: moving items between storage containers, trading specific items to npcs, and more!

New Addons (http://www.ffevo.net/forum/97-member-addons/)
    IME - by atom0s
    An addon that enables the IME bar to be usable in any client regardless of the language settings. Allows players that can speak Japanese to be able to type in it.

ChatMon - by atom0s
    A chat monitoring addon that will play sounds based on certain conditions such as incoming tells, party invites, or when your name is said in chat.

Clock - by atom0s
    A simple addon that can display the time in other timezones around the world.

Lotomatic - by atom0s
    An addon that allows automated looting and passing on items as they drop into the treasure pool.

SingleRace - by atom0s
    A simple addon that allows the player to turn every other player into the same race.

pbar - by Vicrelant
    An addon that displays various information about your current pet.

Find - by MaIRD
    An addon that helps find and locate items within your characters various storage locations.

FilterScan - by atom0s
    An addon that allows you to filter the results of widescan to easier find the specific monster you are looking to hunt / camp.

Autorespond - by atom0s
    An addon that will auto-reply to tells when you wish to be marked as afk.

Campaign
    BG Level

Hot stuff! :Q__ _

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Ashita v1 / Ashita v2 Updates
    - Ashita v1 has been updated to work with the latest client. (Sorry for the delayed post here been super busy.)

Ashita Alpha v2.0.0.14 Released
    • Removed the Lua engine inside the Ashita Core.
    • Removed the ScriptEngine in the Ashita Core.
    • Added new ConfigurationManager to replace the configuration files from the old ScriptEngine. (Now using XML)
    • Fixed some internal compiler warnings due to casting of objects.
    • Recoded how the pointer manager loads its pointers. (Now found within ashita.pointers.xml)
    • Recoded how the resource manager loads its data. (Now found within ashita.datmap.xml)
    • Removed old Lua configuration files.
    • Removed old read me file.
    • Removed old dummy file from logs folder.
    • Added new XML boot configurations.
    • Added new XML data files. (ashita.datmap.xml and ashita.pointers.xml).
    • Updated ADK to work with latest game update (05.14.2014).

Our backend updating service has changed as well so the current auto-updater will need to be redownloaded for a new working version which you can find here:
    http://www.ffevo.net/topic/3380-ashi...alpha-updater/

Some info on the updated changes:
    Lua has been removed from the core project.
    To reduce the file size of the core project and some bloat that was not being used, I have removed Lua from the core project of Ashita and instead are just using it inside the Addons plugin itself. The core had no need to keep this as I moved addons from the core to its own addon. This means that configuration files are no longer in a Lua format. They are now in an XML format similar to the Ashita v1 setup. You will need to recreate your configurations. I have included 3 basic configurations (like v1 has) to get people started.

ScriptEngine has been removed from the Lua core.
    With the above change, the ScriptEngine object has been removed as well. This means that current plugins will need to be recompiled due to this major change. Configuration settings that were pulled from ScriptEngine are also no longer valid. Instead, there is a new ConfigurationManager instead that parses XML files (just like the v1 setup does) so altering your code to work with the new format should not be hard. The calls are all the same and such for the most part. You can find the calls inside of the Ashita.h file in the ADK folder.

Pointers and Dat Files
    Also with the above changes, the pointer and dat tables that were in the original ashita.lua file are now moved to xml files and can be located in the Config folder. These files are in the same setup as they were in Lua, just in XML instead. You are free to edit these files to add your own things as you wish. However, do not edit the current dat map list, add your entries after the current ones!

Altered Launcher
    Finally, due to the changes above too, the launcher has been altered to launch XML files instead of Lua files. You will need to alter your launcher batch files to use the .xml files instead of .lua files!

Full information can be found here:
    http://www.ffevo.net/topic/3428-ashi...sion-feedback/

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Madoran

Ashita v1 is now discontinued and has been replaced by Ashita v2. Please see this topic for info:
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/122...ative-Now-Live!

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Closing this thread per the preceding post.

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13