Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Eli Manning is my Lord and Savior
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    I liked both of the movies, god some people are just so hard to please. I wouldn't see this in the theaters but def watch it on HBO or something.
    Pretty sure it was established you have shit taste in movies when you said the Star Wars prequels were great films, doesn't surprise me you said this.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

More like your view is shit when you think peoples opinions aside from your own aren't worthy. Keep clinging to your reviews from idiots who couldn't direct a movie worth shit even if they had all the possible resources to do so.

people arent hard to please, you are just awful
    No you.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    Jessica Alba was awful in FF, part of it having to do with Sue Storm's horrible characterization in FF.
    In Fantastic Four's defense, Jessica Alba is always horrible.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    More like your view is shit when you think peoples opinions aside from your own aren't worthy. Keep clinging to your reviews from idiots who couldn't direct a movie worth shit even if they had all the possible resources to do so.
    The Fantastic Four movies were objectively not very good. The first one was decent at best (I didn't like it but I could at least see why someone might, if you really wanted a superhero family sitcom), and the second one was just poorly-written shit. You don't have to "cling to reviews" to see that.

Also, "if you can't create X piece of art then you can't judge it" is the biggest bullshit cliché ever argued. Everything is subjective to an extent, but some things just aren't good and it doesn't take an artist or director or whatever to see that. Opinions can be wrong. It's fine to say "I liked it" but saying that other people didn't like it because they're "hard to please" is just cramming your head up your ass. Regardless of whether you personally enjoyed them, those movies were bad.

Sidenote: After seeing Horrible Bosses, I like to pretend that after his superhero career flopped due to being the world's stupidest supergenius, Reed Richards had to take to Craigslist to find people who will pay him to let him pee on them.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

as long as your ok with Horrible bosses yourself Ralys it doesn't matter if its for peeing or for assassinations

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Comic writer Mark Millar is now immersed in the world of comic book movies as he's been hired by FOX as a creative consultant to help build up their Marvel comic book properties. In a recent interview with SciFiNow he talks about Chronicle director Josh Trank's Fantastic Four reboot, saying that it will include stuff we've never seen in a superhero movie before.

From what I’ve seen and from talking to him – he and I have had dinner a couple of times and we talk quite regularly as well – he’s contemporarising it. I think he’s just making it work for the screen – he’s a great storyteller.

Chronicle, if you think about it, was similar to Fantastic Four in that it was a bunch of people who were transformed into something more than human – that turned out almost his calling card to come and do something like Fantastic Four.

What I wasn’t expecting actually was just how funny and likeable he could make this as well as getting the more awesome moments on screen – I use awesome in the traditional British sense and not the California sense awesome, you know? The Ridley Scott moments, and the Fantastic Four really are jaw-dropping in the same way you feel when you saw Alien for the first time. There’s some moments in this – not to be specific – that are actually gonna be phenomenal on screen and stuff you haven’t seen in a superhero movie before.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2013/1/9/...t-moments.html
    http://www.scifinow.co.uk/news/33760...e-seen-before/

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Stuff we've never seen in a comic movie before? Like what? Heroes take the villain out to dinner at the end of the movie? Heroes don't get their powers until the climax?

What the hell could they possibly do that hasn't already been done? The point isn't to try and do something unique, it's to take what has been done and do it better.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

They shouldn't worry so much about giving the audience something previously unseen, focus on distilling the stuff that makes FF worth reading/watching.

Doom's hubris, FF's family bonds, the high-adventure sci-fi shit. Start with that.

BG Level

I think that was part of what made Avengers magical - you had individual stories that built the members up. Then you take their personalities and see how they interact in the movie and you grow the characters and make them part of something bigger.

The problem with the first two movies is that they were just movies telling a story. You can't do that with comics/games/books.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Hm, good point. Maybe the first movie should be devoted to characterization, building up the FFs relationships with each other before they get their powers? Maybe get their powers halfway, 3/4 into the flick, setting up for a more adventurous sequel?

BG Level

That wouldn't work, because they're a team and not an ensemble.

They need to get their powers but not turn immediately into the four. They should stretch it out while fleshing the characters.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

They should just return the IP back to Marvel and let them boys cook instead.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

FF movies will always fail because the IP just isn't any good.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    FF movies will always fail because the IP just isn't any good.
    Why so dumb?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter author Seth Grahame-Smith has been hired to polish up the script for FOX's Fantastic Four reboot, which was previously written by Jeremy Slater. The film is being directed by Josh Trank (Chronicle). The news comes shortly after X-Men: First Class director Matthew Vaughn came on board to produce the film, so it looks like he's already working his magic.

There isn't much known about the story yet, but sources say that the it will be "taking a grounded superhero and sci-fi approach to the heroes and will tap deep into the comic's mythology." It will be interesting to see what villain the team ends up taking on in the movie. I know Doctor Doom is the go-to villain, but I kind of hope we see Galactus.

Now Grahame-Smith also wrote the script for Tim Burton's Dark Shadows.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2013/2/26...ur-script.html
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...Top+Stories%29

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Out of the four leading ladies featured on HBO and creator/star Lena Dunham’s cult hit TV series, Girls, Allison Williams (who portrays Marnie on the show) is the only one who has yet to appear in a feature-length movie. That will soon change, now that Williams – the daughter of NBC Nightly news anchor Brian Williams – is on the verge of signing on for a retelling of William Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet, titled Rosaline.

What’s undoubtedly more interesting to our fellow comic book readers out there, is the news that Williams has been shortlisted for the Fantastic Four movie reboot. The superhero flick is developing from 20th Century Fox, which has a 2015 release date in mind and Josh Trank (Chronicle) guiding the whole thing as director.

Rosaline is based on the book “Wish You Were Mine” by Rebecca Serle, which is a modernized retelling of Romeo and Juliet told from the perspective of Romeo’s (in this version, Rob’s) would-be lover, Rosaline. The movie is slated to be directed by Michael Sucsy (The Vow), based on an adapted screenplay that’s being written by Scott Neustader and Michael H. Weber ((500) Days of Summer). Deadline is reporting that Williams has entered talks to play the title role and, by the sound of it, is all but officially onboard at this point.

Fantastic Four has received screenwriting contributions from Ashley Miller (X-Men: First Class), lesser-known Jeremy Slater, Zack Stentz (Thor) and Trank himself; then, earlier this year, Seth Grahame-Smith (Dark Shadows) was brought aboard to provide a revised script, drawing from previous drafts. However, when all is said and done, it’s possible that not all of these people will receive actual credit for their work on the project (c’est la vie).

According to Deadline, Fantastic Four is in a “very early talking stage” of casting; hence, it’s possible some up-and-coming actress other than Williams could end up securing the movie’s female lead role of Susan “Sue” Storm (a.k.a. the Invisible Woman). Nonetheless, it’s encouraging to learn that the F4 filmmakers – which includes X-Men: First Class director Matthew Vaughn as a producer – have shortlisted an actress with some dramatic chops for the role (sorry, Jessica Alba).

Williams does a good job bringing humanity to the Marnie character and makes the token Type-A member of the Girls brigade feel like a fully-realized person; not to mention, that role is proof that Williams can handle the motherly side of Sue Storm in Fantastic Four. Trank’s franchise reboot will be important in the next generation of superhero movies released by Fox (under the supervision of Mark Millar), and casting someone like Williams would be a move in the right direction.
    http://screenrant.com/girls-allison-...r-reboot-2014/
    http://www.deadline.com/2013/04/girl...starring-role/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

He was good in Chronicle. I can see the director bringing over actors over to star in this.

BG Level

He played the president, right? He's a good actor. Too bad diversity won't work with the Storms.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    He was good in Chronicle. I can see the director bringing over actors over to star in this.
    in before jokes about him being black because he got burned by the flames. He is a good actor though. Funny to think he used to be on a soap opera as a teen.