Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 109 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 102 ... LastLast
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

3/5 usu +1, haste set testing: 52 or 53 / 1024 ~5% haste for 3 pieces.

wore the various listed gear (and only that gear) to get the reduction of seconds from casting reraise as mnk/whm. The math was: Floor[(1-(equip haste + projected haste))*60] = calculated new recast. i.e. for the first one: [(1-(80+x)/1024)*60], where x = various projected set haste values we get:

x is 50 = 52.38
    x is 51 = 52.32
    x is 52 = 52.27
    x is 53 = 52.21
    x is 54 = 52.15
    x is 55 = 52.09
    x is 56 = 52.03
    x is 57 = 51.97 (recast was 52, so this value doesn't work)

5% head, 3% feet, 0% hands = 52 seconds recast (set value has to be 56 / 1024 or less)
    5% head, 3% feet, 0% hands, 4% thaumas body = 49 seconds recast (set value has to be 51 / 1024 or greater)
    5% head, 3% feet, 0% hands, 5% kitty pants, 4% thaumas body = 46 seconds recast (set value has to be 52 / 1024 or greater)
    5% head, 3% feet, 0% hands, 1% arbuda grip, 1% hasty pinion = 51 seconds recast (set value has to be 53 / 1024 or less)

hopefully i can narrow it down to exact value when i get more testing options available. This is also assuming that head is 50 /1024 and feet are 30 /1024. If head is 51 /1024, then set would be 51 or 52 / 1024.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    Did another bhaf run, same results on 4fE NM. I put mnk on gear 1, thief on gear 2, have mnk WS killshot, then immediately thf killshot, and its popped. 5 times in a row for me. For what its worth, I havent seen Gear 1 ever do restoral, but I havent gotten a sufficient sample size to confirm anything.
    I'm REALLY hesitant to say this, but I have to think that SE can't be stupid enough to create a "random spawn condition" which can be subverted by just altering the dats and numbering the gears. So... there must be some way to tell them apart. I think I'll be doing bhaflau tonight, and I'll spend time there to try to figure out what (if anything) differentiates the two as best I can.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by BG wiki for Arrapago 3rd floor
    East Path Notorious Monsters
    Acrolith: Automatically appears among the Qutrub
    Archaic Gear: Appears in the northern teleporter room after defeating the single Archaic Gear among the Lamia

West Path Notorious Monsters
    Chigoe Stinger: Appears in the southern teleporter room after defeating the single Archaic Gear among the Lamia
    Are there any doors that would lock you out of the opposite side's teleport room? If not, is there anything stopping me from clearing all 3 NMs on the floor?

Other salvage experiences tells me you can't do both, but since it isn't stated like it is for the other zones... who knows.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by |Heretic| View Post
    Are there any doors that would lock you out of the opposite side's teleport room?
    I'd have to think the door to the teleport room itself can only be opened on one side (there's a door leading into it, just outside the teleport). Not 100% sure, but like 99.9%.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Thanks to Nynja's observation on gear order, I set out to figure out what the hell was differentiating between the two gears based on my "can't believe SE could do something so stupid that could be easily dat modded" in my post above. I watched TP moves for a while, and that wasn't it. They both use Restoral, Rail Cannon, Antigravity, and Artificial Gravity. Tried a few nukes, didn't notice any special resistances. Anyway, I had one of the gears slept and it came over to us when it woke up... and then I noticed this:

Clear height difference between the two gears. I thought maybe it was glitched and a certain position in the floor was lower than the rest, so we moved the gears around the room, and the higher one was always higher than the other. If you look at where the shadows are lined up you can see they're right next to each other and the names are clearly misaligned (plus the animation of the gear on the left never moved it above the one on the right). We killed in the order lower -> higher (jingex-- "gotta work our way up to NM") and we got the NM pop. This should be very easy to confirm, so let's get some confirmation! Lower -> Higher -> NM! (Also, if this turns out to be true, we'll need someone to confirm that it's the same on the west/triple gears side for that NM).

Edit: I should have said before all this that obviously one instance of this does not confirm anything. However, I am taking Nynja's previous post into account where he says he dat modded the gears and killing a particular one before the other popped the NM five times in a row (which could be a 1/32 chance coincidence, but seems unlikely). So really all I was setting out to do here was to determine what, if anything, differentiated the two gears.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Salvage II - Slavage Harder

Someone else brought up the idea of killing 1 then 2, nekrosomething i think

Quote Originally Posted by Nekradarken View Post
    Nynja, can you check if you have any parses to show that the gear NM pop after you kill gear2 > gear1? So far all the parses on your post show that NM pop when you kill Gear1 > Gear2. This actually coincides with one of my BR2 run where the NM pop after killing Gear1 > Gear2.

Quote Originally Posted by |Heretic| View Post
    Are there any doors that would lock you out of the opposite side's teleport room? If not, is there anything stopping me from clearing all 3 NMs on the floor?

Other salvage experiences tells me you can't do both, but since it isn't stated like it is for the other zones... who knows.
    Opening the door to one path will lock the door to the other (Teleporter rooms have doors before them). Never tested this specific floor myself but I doubt this particular floor is any different from all the rest of salvage where opening one door will seal all corresponding doors.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Slycer, nice observation for the gears. I may do BR2 today and check for the height. I am also hesistant to believe the kill order as well. I have a LS mate pops the gear NM 4/4 without using any data mod (the probability is like 1/16?). He kills one with WS and other one with nuke. Anyway, repost the results from my previous BR2 runs.

In recent runs of BR2, I renamed the single gear in BR2 as gear1 gear2 gear3 (NM) and I pulled them one by one.

Yesterday: Gear2 (45s) > Gear1 (1min10s), NM no pop.
    Today: Gear1 > Gear2, NM pop. About 30-40s killing each gear (forgot to use Kparser so I use stopwatch for timing).

Theory 1: Kill gear within 1 min of aggro/pull (will try this again tomorrow)
    Theory 2: Kill the gear in order of 1>2 (most likely not as many ppl would have seen this NM if the chance of poping is 50%)

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    3/5 usu +1, haste set testing: 6% haste for 3 pieces.

wore the various listed gear (and only that gear) to get the reduction of seconds from casting reraise as mnk/whm. In the parentheses that is what I got from remaining haste value for the set after subtracting 50/1024 for 5% haste pieces, 30/1024 for 3% haste pieces, 40/1024 for 4% haste pieces, and 61/1024 for 6% haste pieces. The math was: [(time reduction/60)*1024] - [sum of gear haste]. i.e. for the first one: [(8/60)*1024] - [50+30+0] = 56.533333.

5% head, 3% feet, 0% hands = 8 seconds (56.53 / 1024 remaining)
    5% head, 3% feet, 0% hands, 4% thaumas body = 11 seconds (67.73 / 1024 remaining)
    5% head, 3% feet, 0% hands, 5% kitty pants = 11 seconds (57.73 / 1024 remaining)
    5% head, 3% feet, 0% hands, 6% thaumas legs = 12 seconds (63.8 / 1024 remaining)
    5% head, 3% feet, 0% hands, 6% thaumas legs, 4% thaumas body = 14 seconds (57.93 / 1024 remaining)
    5% head, 3% feet, 0% hands, 5% kitty pants, 4% thaumas body = 14 seconds (68.93 / 1024 remaining)
    Thanks for the testing. Assuming the recast time is rounded down, usu head is 50/1024 and feet is 30/1024, the bonus is in between 52-57 / 1024.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

wow that's pretty good if it's 3% a piece. Wonder how good the other sets are then hehe.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

FYI, the JP wikis have "kill small gear then large ?" as the pop condition (with the question mark) for 4F east gear. I'm not sure if that was based on my post above or whether it was confirmed independently, though. I did not check before my run so I have no idea.

@macross, for the original salvage gear the set bonuses were all the same (whatever stat +5), so I'm guessing they're all the same here. for whatever the breakdown is. Funny thing about Usu+1 is that if it goes 3/6/9/12, you're literally at the haste cap with just the five pieces in the set.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Just finished a BR2 run. The smaller gear is gear1, the bigger gear is gear2. After killing small > big, NM pops.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Just finished a BR2 run. The smaller gear is gear1, the bigger gear is gear2. After killing small > big, NM pops.
    Same happened to me, small > big = NM (killed small first then big from 100%)

I doubt it has anything to do with killing time, however I was fully unlocked and didnt hold back to test it.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

All right well it sounds like that's the trick to popping east then, thanks for the confirmations (and if anyone else can confirm, that'd be great too). Someone needs to look at west triples and see if there's anything different, or if maybe the pop mechanism over there is something else (killing at the same time, or whatever).

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    @macross, for the original salvage gear the set bonuses were all the same (whatever stat +5), so I'm guessing they're all the same here. for whatever the breakdown is. Funny thing about Usu+1 is that if it goes 3/6/9/12, you're literally at the haste cap with just the five pieces in the set.
    yea, sadly i'm going to be putting my black belt away and go 4/5 usu +1, thaumas body, and windbuffet belt

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

After Cairthenn excluded 5% for me while I was in the shower, and we painfully confirmed at least 3% despite everything in Aby-Kon doing everything in its power to enrage me,

96% Crit Rate
    (Base + Merits + Razed Ruins + Gnarled Horn + Dark Depths + Kacura Subligar+1 )
    Skadi+1 Visor + Bazubands (Unknown value)

Melee Crit Damage
    Player #Crit C.Low/Hi C-0.Avg Crit%
    Sylow 411 160/451 217.73 100.00 %

Set bonus for the first two Skadi+1 pieces is 4%.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Asymptotic View Post
    Set bonus for the first two Skadi+1 pieces is 4%.
    Presuming its +4% for all pieces after the first, does this change anything?

Skadi+1 Head/Bd
    DEF: 37, DEX+13, AGI+13, Attack +10, Ranged Attack +10, Store TP +4, Haste +7%
    DEF: 65, DEX +12, AGI +12, CHR +12, Accuracy +14, Attack +14,
    Ranged Accuracy +14, Ranged Attack +14, Dual Wield +7, "True Shot"+1
    Merged -> DEX+25 AGI+25 Attack+24 STP+4 Haste+7 Accuracy +14 DualWield+7 Crit Hit Rate+4

vs
    AF3+2 Head + Thaumas Body (4/5 set)
    Acc+12 Triple+3 Haste+6
    Acc+12 Double+3 Triple+3 Quad+3 Haste+4
    Merged -> Acc+24 Double+3 Triple+6 Quad+3 Haste+10

DEX+25 AGI+25 Attack+24 DW+7 CritRate+4 STP+4
    vs
    Haste+3 Accuracy+10 Double+3 Triple+6 Quad+3

Obviously you need to compare it to everything else being worn as well, but it looks like Skadi might actually win. Gonna try plugging it in the sheet.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I was talking to a JP friends, and report on their side seems to indicate 3% crit rate, I asked for a link and he gave me me, I don't understand JP so I have no idea if we can/can't access it or why.

http://ffxi-odin.blog.so-net.ne.jp/2013-01-03-3

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

So-net blog
    Page of our customers are looking for could not be found.

If there is no mistake in the specified address, you will be considered to be a page has been deleted or has moved to address separately.

http://ff11-odin.blog.so-net.ne.jp/2013-01-03-3
    I found the working link

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

for what it's worth, morrigan is 3 MAB for 2 piece too, so safe to assume every set is 3 something ?