Closed Thread
Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Irish Vagabond
    BG Level

A week before Christmas, how tragic
    I'd be interested to know if you could generalize rampages like this to suicide. I know that in Ireland, they don't mention when someone killed themselves due to the possibility of copy-cat suicides. In the media they say that the person died due to tragic circumstances. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copycat_suicide

I'd love to know the probability of two rampages occuring during the same week in areas that aren't normally at a higher risk of gun violence (googling Newtown seems to make it seem like any normal middle class town).

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Gah, and I have this horrible gut feeling we are going to find out about how the shooters kid was bullied horribly and the parent decided to take matters into his own hands. I hope I'm wrong but nothing could ever surprise me anymore.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

....I just. You know, it's stupid to have to think this way, but if this shit becomes more and more common, I will have to seriously think about homeschooling. I mean...losing your son or daughter at 10 (and under) at a school....I hate this society.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Melena View Post
    Gah, and I have this horrible gut feeling we are going to find out about how the shooters kid was bullied horribly and the parent decided to take matters into his own hands. I hope I'm wrong but nothing could ever surprise me anymore.
    KTLA was saying they heard reports of the shooter arguing earlier with the principle, so who knows.

Shooter was the father of a former student.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

dont get why theyd cut away from local coverage for national...

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

if the #s stay as they are, worse than columbine/worst school shooting in us history...

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    ....I just. You know, it's stupid to have to think this way, but if this shit becomes more and more common, I will have to seriously think about homeschooling. I mean...losing your son or daughter at 10 (and under) at a school....I hate this society.
    Millions of children come home every day unharmed from public schools. Don't overreact and think you can protect your young ones from everything by never letting them out of your sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Fievel View Post
    NBC has pegged the shooter at 19-20 years old, so unlikely.
    CBS/FOX reporting a 2nd shooter in custody, no confirmation on either of these items.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

KTLA was saying they heard reports of the shooter arguing earlier with the principle, so who knows.

nbc here was saying there was arguing/possibly even gunshots over the school loudspeaker before it got cut off

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    Millions of children come home every day unharmed from public schools.
    Except all children should be able to come home every day unharmed from schools. It's a fucking school.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Never let them out of the house. They might get run over by a drunk driver, or struck by lightning.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

pic of kids being lead out, click if u want...

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

They just said on KTLA that the kids were from a Kindergarten class.

Fucking seriously?

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Young children wait outside Sandy Hook Elementary School after a shooting in Newtown. REUTERS/Michelle McLoughlin
    by Reuters_Jillian Kitchener on 5:38 PM

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Never let them out of the house. They might get run over by a drunk driver, or struck by lightning.
    You know what I mean though. I said if it becomes more common. At this point it could be more statistically likely to be involved in a shootout than to get struck by lightning.

My point is that I never ever had the thought of homeschooling in my mind, now it's in there. I highly doubt I would do it, but as I said if this gets worse I may have to seriously think about it in the future. (my kid isn't even a year old yet, there's years before she'd go to school).

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

Re: So how about that Connecticut Elementary School Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    You know what I mean though. I said if it becomes more common. At this point it could be more statistically likely to be involved in a shootout than to get struck by lightning.

My point is that I never ever had the thought of homeschooling in my mind, now it's in there. I highly doubt I would do it, but as I said if this gets worse I may have to seriously think about it in the future. (my kid isn't even a year old yet, there's years before she'd go to school).
    Some incredible media bias getting to your head right here. Don't be stupid.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cail View Post
    if the #s stay as they are, worse than columbine/worst school shooting in us history...
    Worse than VA Tech?

I mean emotionally worse of course, they're little kids, but didn't he kill 33?

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

They just said on KTLA that the kids were from a Kindergarten class.

Fucking seriously?
    Jesus fucking Christ

Groinlonger
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    The media already does a ton of filtering regarding violence in the world and it's counterproductive to simply ignore reality. We've been at war forever and the lack of graphic images from the battlefield because some soccer moms will be butthurt if they see dead bodies or gore is pathetic considering the number of armchair warhawks. You have to go digging for what should be visible if the media was transparent.

There are already other sources for violent behavior to manifest from so we need not put on blinders when the results of our actions lead to undesired consequences.
    The example you gave isn't similar enough to be a worthwhile comparison.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

http://listverse.com/2008/01/01/top-...ool-massacres/

I'd never heard of that Red Lake, MN one, in 2005.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Now we have confirmation, shooter was 20

NBC News ‏@NBCNews
    Federal law enforcement official says gunman at Connecticut school was a 20-year-old man from CT carrying two handguns. -

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast