BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    So where's the pool on when the female cast start dropping dead.
    It's Whedon. Someone is gonna die for sure!

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

coulson will die in every episode

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

OMG AN ARMY OF COULSON CLONES!!! BRING ON THANOS!!!

"OH MY GOD! They killed Agent Coulson!!"
    -"You bastards!"

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Seriously can't wait for this show. Can't wait for all the little moments of fan wank and Coulson being Coulson. I really think seeing him in the show will give it that movie kind of excitement at least for the pilot.

Almost Human looks dope too for new shows. Karl Urban scifi cop yeahhhh.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It would be nice to see this show explore different aspects of the Marvel Universe like alternate universes, mystical aspects and even the places rarely seen by humans(gimme dat Mole Man kingdom). If they got a moloid to be a part of the cast I would watch every episode.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Moloids would be sweet.
    I was thinking even if they won't use a lot of super heroes it would be cool if they went to places like Madripoor, Latveria, Wakanda, Symkaria and Savage Land.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I think Savage Land might be too much in the X-Men department for them to risk showing. I'm sure 20th Century Fox is looking for any reason to drop a hammer on ABC.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

You've now seen the trailers and have been introduced to the characters of Joss Whedon's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. It looks like it's going to be pretty damn fun TV series. The show's star Clark Gregg recently spoke to EW about the series, and how Agent Coulson fits into the epic mythology of the Marvel universe.

Agent Coulson represents the people who don’t have superpowers, the guys who actually can be killed — or at least seem to be and yet come back sometimes … Marvel has such a lock on how to do really incredibly visual effects and stunts that we’ve got stuff on our show that I just don’t think we’ve seen on TV before.
    He then goes on to explain why we're going to love the show.

If you love The Avengers, if you love any of Joss Whedon’s work, you’re going to absolutely love the show. It’s about these people living in a super world dealing with being human. You see these superhero movies and you see the superheroes struggle but you don’t see how humans do in a world like that. That’s what will draw people in. It’s so human. And it’s so super and awesome still.
    Gregg still won't confirm how Coulson will be coming back in the series, but he did say...

I thought they were pranking me a little bit because there was so much blood on the set of The Avengers, I kept waiting to see, are we going to shoot a version where [Loki] misses? And they didn’t, so I was really surprised to get that call and I wanted to make sure it didn’t do anything to undermine what we achieved there and when [writer-director Joss Whedon] explained the mystery and how they planned to deal with it, with Agent Coulson being around, I was very sold.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2013/5/15...of-shield.html
    http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/14/cl...hield-coulson/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Expect Easter Eggs for Upcoming Movies
    As you've seen in the trailer for Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., there is a kind of a connection to Marvel's cinematic universe. It's just not clear how big that connection will be. In a recent interview with TV Fanatic, Joss Whedon talks about the TV series and how it will fit in with the films...

Everything has to push 'character' forward, including action. We don't want 'spectacle' characters, we want some spectacle that addresses character. We always want the two to mix.

We're absolutely on top of all the movies. We never contradict, replicate - we will be flowing in between them, maybe occasionally we'll throw something in that foreshadows [or] echoes but we're very much beholden to the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2013/5/17...rvel-film.html
    http://www.youtube.com/user/TVFanatic0?feature=watch

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Drai Draken
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Bump, this show starts tonight, anyone watching it?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Havok Stormblood
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I liked it. Will keep watching.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Watched it, don't know how I feel. It definitely felt that they were trying too hard to connect it to things from the Marvel movies..
    Spoiler: show
    Like throwing in the super soldier serum, gamma radiation, extremis, "the best scores since Romanov", etc.

I will say, I did like how they "explained" Coulson's death.
    Spoiler: show
    It's clear that at least a few people are only watching to see that explained, but they also had to explain it to the cast, so that was a good way of explaining it while at the same time keeping it a mystery.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It's no mystery, Coulson is obviously a LMD. Not a spoiler.

As for this show, was pretty bad. I wanted agents of SHIELD, not neurotic whedon-speak fuckheads. I had high hopes honestly. The director of Avengers and a goldmine of material to work with and we got this sorry excuse.

TOO MUCH MAN
    BG Level

Coulson bossing around superheroes is a lot more fun than Coulson bossing around random assholes. I was a bit underwhelmed.

It was pretty bad. Will give it couple of episodes but very underwhelmed

Season of the Siccness
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sicc Ward
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Well shit, it's not online yet. Not sure if ABC waits a week like some other networks but I'm looking forward to it. In keeping that blind hope alive, I am a fan of Agent Coulson in the movies so the premise is there.

I've seen the teasers but not any previews, I hope they're not doing too much with special effects unless they've got the ability which I guess reads: money. More than a few shows in recent past have lost my interest based off bad CGI alone. Terra Nova and Falling Skies come to mind.

coulson is coulson, the other characters are pretty awful and uninteresting so far, but my god are the women gorgeous

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    It was pretty bad. Will give it couple of episodes but very underwhelmed
    Yeah, I wasn't too impressed either. The acting wasn't great because of the choppy sequences and the guy who's in charge of the audio needs to be fired.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Juben Sudorana
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Had my laughs with this episode definitely a lot of fun to look forward to. Not overly serious which is what i come to expect from Joss over the last decade or two (god i am old ) but definitely a lot of fun. Can't wait for next week and it was nice to see a Buffy / Angel actor opening this series as a guest.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast