+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lucienne View Post
    Aren't we pushing it a little here?

And since when are you representative of all younger men? Yes, some are that way, and no, not all are. You'd be surprised.
    The people that are not like me are settling then.

Also, lol archi. Shit is so weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    The people that are not like me are settling then.
    lol
    My brother's biggest love was 8 years older than him. She was in her early 30's. He told me that it's easy to get a younger girl. Older women are way harder to get, so more of a trophy, there is also less bs, not as high maintenance, financially stable.
    I honestly couldn't care less.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I personally find that this thread has gone very well, and that you've got as light of a sense of humor as someone can have in this situation. While it wasn't as well-managed, and involved a more severe case, there was another thread regarding abusers recently that may have some relevance:

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/113...-Violence-Help

Of course, the importance of considering cases like the one mentioned in that thread is because it's possibly akin to where she'll wind up. I did see someone noting that you shouldn't do anything until signs of physical violence appear, and that's dismissive toward very real and very affecting verbal abuse. It also complicates dealing with later, more severe forms of abuse when they come about, as a person whose spirit has been crushed is far less likely to do anything as the abuse gradually grows in severity.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Seduce the friend. Maybe the gentle touch of a good woman will make her see the err of her ways.

Send the tape to BG of course to critique your skills.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Friend in trouble - advice appreciated

A paper trail needs to start occurring. She needs to call the cops. Unless you've seen it for yourself, not much you can do. Just keep talking to her and hope she goes to the police.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

next time he acts up, punch that nigga in the eye and tell him to chill the fuck out

Resident Gestapo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    next time he acts up, punch that nigga in the eye and tell him to chill the fuck out
    Get Abandon to do it. No one else has the intimidation factor.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Friend in trouble - advice appreciated

I'll regrow the beard and get a leather jacket. We can go 70s cop show on his ass.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Me and Sath? Team of destiny.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

at least no one is pregnant this time.

get your bg blax to beat him up. Rag and Cream are the brokest niggas in the game, im sure theyll beat his ass for a few Krone

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

while this is true, the issue is them getting to the dude in question; therefore, send me and sath.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I'm waiting for the day that this shit actually ends up happening and Abandon shows up on the 5 o'clock news.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Best thing you can do to help your friend, is to be there for her, literally.

Just hang around, and don't say anything. From what I've seen, the more you try to talk her out of it, the more she'll be determined to see it through.

Also, attracted to dominance, wants to be the one to change him, etc. (like others have said). Hard to beat.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    I'm waiting for the day that this shit actually ends up happening and Abandon shows up on the 5 o'clock news.
    You'll bail me out, won't you, sweet(roll)cheeks?

A bit of an update:
    I tried to follow the advice to do fun things with her. We both worked around Christmas, but I stayed at her place while her sister was away at least. We made Christmas food and talked, and we even went out on Christmas Day, which is a traditional party day in Sweden. She told me that her boyfriend wasn't very pleased about it and tried to blame her into staying home, since he had to take care of his kids, but she went anyway and seemed to really enjoy herself. One of our male friends made 4-course dinner for us girls, bought us a bottle of champagne and treated us all like queens all night. Afterwards she actually told me that he's so nice, and that he's really the kind of guy she should be dating. At the end of the night we ran into a young girl who works with a school project about domestic violence and they talked for a while. She also went to see the doctor with her health issues and might be getting some therapy sessions as a part of her treatment. On the other hand, she also mentioned that she might try getting sick leave for her issues and staying longer on her trip with him. I asked her if she could afford it, to which she told me she could stay with him in the house he'll be renting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kohan View Post
    I personally find that this thread has gone very well, and that you've got as light of a sense of humor as someone can have in this situation. While it wasn't as well-managed, and involved a more severe case, there was another thread regarding abusers recently that may have some relevance:

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/113...-Violence-Help

Of course, the importance of considering cases like the one mentioned in that thread is because it's possibly akin to where she'll wind up. I did see someone noting that you shouldn't do anything until signs of physical violence appear, and that's dismissive toward very real and very affecting verbal abuse. It also complicates dealing with later, more severe forms of abuse when they come about, as a person whose spirit has been crushed is far less likely to do anything as the abuse gradually grows in severity.
    Thank you for linking me to the other thread. I found especially the link about what to not say very helpful. It's so easy to just want to try to "open her eyes", even though I realize it might not be the best approach. I'm hoping she'll be able to leave him before things go too far. He has already suggested moving to Sweden to live with her, but I'm not sure whether she wants it or not. He's got two small children in Denmark as well, and I don't think she liked the fact that he was willing to just move away from them like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    Seduce the friend. Maybe the gentle touch of a good woman will make her see the err of her ways.

Send the tape to BG of course to critique your skills.
    I'd rather rent CS or Abandon to seduce my friend. I might even post the video of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    You have no idea how much I'd love to do that. I could probably fuck him up pretty bad if I had a tool and saw him touch her. Enraged Czech women are no joke.

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    I'll regrow the beard and get a leather jacket. We can go 70s cop show on his ass.
    lol

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by archibaldcrane View Post
    As a dominant man, those rare occurrences when you go out with a dominant girl and then you both want to bang but neither will submit, even slightly, to the other's will are so fucking awkward. One time I seriously dismounted a girl like a gymnast from the bed to the floor (nailed the landing) because she kept trying to top while we were banging.

the worst
    Am disappoint, Archi. In those situations, a real dominant male bangs her sisters and makes her watch. That'll learn her! She doesn't have a sister? Excuses.

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Ashmada View Post
    Am disappoint, Archi. In those situations, a real dominant male bangs her sisters and makes her watch. That'll learn her! She doesn't have a sister? Bang her mom.
    ftfy

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Just so long as BG gets a shout out as they lead him out of the courthouse and into the police car.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

WHAT UP TO MAH NIGGAS ON BG! OH, AND FUCK VANDOLE

Eli Manning is my Lord and Savior
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

YO SHOUT OUT TO MY BOY PERM, BLACKEST WHITE DUDE SINCE BILL CLINTON, SHOUT OUT TO AUNTIE, DAT GIRL IS COOL AS HELL. AND SHOUT OUT TO UNCLE BRILL WHO BROKE HIS DICK, I'M PRAYING FOR YOU SON. BROOKLYN REPRESENT.

I'm guessing thats what Abandon would say, being black and on the news and all.