Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

they're stupid.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Maybe if this was a few decades years ago. 30 is the new 20 suckas.

Quote Originally Posted by shaddix View Post
    Obviously I don't know the particular situation well. It just makes sense that at 30+, a woman will have more difficulty dating the same quality of men she did when she was younger. Especially if they are going into a longer term relationship with one. So say for example, the attractive 25 year old ex military guy that would have dated a particular lady when she was 22 is probably no longer interested when he is 33 and she is 30. So unfortunately, the lady will have to lower her standards, especially if they are looking for some type of commitment, which sounds like what you described earlier in the thread. That can be a difficult realization to come to terms with, and is an unfortunate side effect of not starting a family earlier.
    I guess it all comes down to what you define as quality. You have to understand that your priorities as a woman will be completely different at the age of 30 than they were at the age of 20, thank god. A man that wants to have a relationship with a 22 year old at the age of 33 is a superficial retard, not a catch. There is one thing you are right about, and that is the pool of available men is getting smaller as you get older and the opportunities to meet someone are fewer. Then again, none of this really is relevant. You don't end up in an abusive relationship because you hit 30 and are willing to settle down with the first idiot available to breed. There are tons of non-abusive idiots to do that with.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    Maybe if this was a few decades years ago. 30 is the new 20 suckas.
    ...lol.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Lucienne View Post
    You don't end up in an abusive relationship because you hit 30 and are willing to settle down with the first idiot available to breed. There are tons of non-abusive idiots to do that with.
    So true~

Failed Sex Ed
    BG Level

Friend in trouble - advice appreciated

I guess it all comes down to what you define as quality. You have to understand that your priorities as a woman will be completely different at the age of 30 than they were at the age of 20, thank god. A man that wants to have a relationship with a 22 year old at the age of 33 is a superficial retard, not a catch. There is one thing you are right about, and that is the pool of available men is getting smaller as you get older and the opportunities to meet someone are fewer. Then again, none of this really is relevant. You don't end up in an abusive relationship because you hit 30 and are willing to settle down with the first idiot available to breed. There are tons of non-abusive idiots to do that with.
    A bit of a tangent but why do you suggest that all 22 year old women are not worth a man's time and commitment? Surely you didn't think that of your 22 year old self? Granted most of them I wouldn't want to start a family with, but a young age doesn't automatically mean they lack the qualities a man looks for in a wife.

Calling men superficial retards for wanting a better looking woman when they realize their sexual value (in their 30s) reeks of feminism-centric viewpoints meant to diminish men from being masculine or acting on their imperative. You wouldn't tell a younger woman to not marry the man 8 years older than her who is successful, put together, and has his shit in order.

"Catch" is a term women use anyway, I really hate when men use it or it is used to describe women.

A bit of a tangent but why do you suggest that all 22 year old women are not worth a man's time and commitment? Surely you didn't think that of your 22 year old self? Granted most of them I wouldn't want to start a family with, but a young age doesn't automatically mean they lack the qualities a man looks for in a wife.
    I look back at myself at the age of 22 and wonder how anyone could stand me for real. It's more about knowing what you want and what's important. The kind of stuff you learn with age and experience, in some cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Calling men superficial retards for wanting a better looking woman when they realize their sexual value (in their 30s) reeks of feminism-centric viewpoints meant to diminish men from being masculine or acting on their imperative. You wouldn't tell a younger woman to not marry the man 8 years older than her who is successful, put together, and has his shit in order.

"Catch" is a term women use anyway, I really hate when men use it or it is used to describe women.
    Lol
    Looks is the most important skill a woman can ever develop, I forgot. That and cooking.
    I wouldn't tell a 22 year old to marry.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

this is entertaining

Lol
    Looks is the most important skill a woman can ever develop, I forgot. That and cooking.
    I wouldn't tell a 22 year old to marry.
    I wouldn't either, 25/26 after a healthy sex life/relationship experience and at the apex of their looks but before misandry sets in at 30+.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

ITT: Ugly people are less likely to find good partners.

I hope your friend comes to her senses and realizes that being treated like that is bad, and no matter how good whatever is keeping her there is, it isn't worth it.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

22 year old women AND men aren't worth the time and commitment.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Re: Friend in trouble - advice appreciated

Are we really arguing that most early 30's men would prefer to date early 20's women over women around their age/slightly younger?

Every time we have these vidya game nerd discussions of relationships they just make me embarrassed to be posting on BG. Jesus Christ stahp.

All topics of discussion open, advanced astrophysics to genocide to gun control to financial success to weightlifting/fitness.

Except relationships, Archi draws the line there because nerds.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

seems legit

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    All topics of discussion open, advanced astrophysics to genocide to gun control to financial success to weightlifting/fitness.

Except relationships, Archi draws the line there because nerds.
    Win.

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

if every conversation about relationships wasn't so terribly conducted, i'd be fine with it

stop being a shit poster

Your post wasn't even directed at me, since you said the same thing I did. I didn't take it that way, so exclude that from your mind. I am merely commenting on the ridiculousness of stating that a particular conversation is or is not acceptable on a board where people are clearly diverse as all fuck.

There are people here who are trust fund kiddies, self made millionaires, ex-special operations, redneck military types, transgender, gay(about 91%),cis-privileged, sound engineers, bieber fans, astrophysicists, borderline retards, opera aficionados, MLP creeps, whatever.

Sure, there are points of view that the population of BG leans to, but that doesn't make an opinion any more correct or any less shortsighted.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast