+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Downton Abbey     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post
    Spoiler: show

Both deaths were a big deal. I mean, Matthew's exit on the Christmas episode was like a punch in the stomach for most viewers since most Christmas episodes generally end on a happy note. I am looking forward to how the new season starts though since it takes place 6 months after the accident and we will be getting some new characters.
    Also actress for O'brien has left and is being written out offscreen during those 6 months. So kinda curious who will take on the new mantle of evilly doings.

Should be an interesting new season to say the least.

Who's driving? Oh my God Bear is driving! How can that be??
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Bump,

Season 4 premiered last night. I only watched the first few minutes due to being distracted by GTA V but:

O'brians departure was dealt with in the opening moments of the show. She just up and left in the middle of the night to work for Susan who I assume split from Shrimpy and went to India (Christmas Episode)

Shit just got real dark.

Ep3 stuff
    I think the best course of action is to hire Molesley to shank the man.

E. Body
    BG Level

u know he'd just drop the shank

Anna stop breaking me heart.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Bump...season 5 aired tonight and takes place in 1924 so a lot of time has passed since the first season (1912). Even though its only the first episode the pacing seems so much better than last season which was a bit of a snooze fest.

God damn it. Life isn't even giving Edith enough lemons to make the damn lemonade.

E. Body
    BG Level

So Thomas' treatment
    was to stop being gay?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Iono View Post
    So Thomas' treatment
    was to stop being gay?
    Yes, he said it to the doctor.

While I like the doctors reply. I don't think he would have been that cool and understanding about it at that point in time.

E. Body
    BG Level

Well he wasn't saying it directly, and the doctor even said he wasn't gonna pretend he didn't know what he was implying. But I wasn't sure if he was implying what I thought he was.

So ty for confirming.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Iono View Post
    Well he wasn't saying it directly, and the doctor even said he wasn't gonna pretend he didn't know what he was implying. But I wasn't sure if he was implying what I thought he was.

So ty for confirming.
    Of course. It was pretty clear when Thomas said something like "to make me normal, like other men" given his past.

E. Body
    BG Level

Well the line about to make ppl like me, I thought he was doing something to be not such an asshole lol

feels bump

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Yeah last of the series. Only two more episodes left + Christmas episode

Also

Mary is still obnoxious and hatin on Edith for her accomplishments.

Quote Originally Posted by TummieGaruda View Post

Mary is still obnoxious and hatin on Edith for her accomplishments.
    The MVP. V for vile.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Curious what everyone here thinks: Do you feel sympathy for Thomas, or fuck him because he made his own bed and now has to lay in it?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I am on the fence. He was pretty much a dick in the beginning but he's not as bad as he used to be.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I liked that they make a gay character unlikeable for reasons not directly related to his sexuality (although one can argue that him being forced to his and repress who he is caused him to be backhanded). Having said that, I am on the fence also, after years of his sketchy behavior.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

That's kind of where I am (and I'm sure he was intentionally written that way), but I'd like it if he earned some kind of redemption eventually. Problem is, he's been offered it what, 7, 8 times now and cocked up every one. Even last season + this season where he's been much less of a dick, he's blown at least 3 opportunities not even to do good, but just to not be an ass. I only ask because my wife and I go back and forth with him. She's in the camp of "He's had so many opportunities to be nice, he deserves what he gets now." I feel some sympathy for him, but don't know if any redemption would be believable at this point.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Also, wtf is up with Daisy? Over the past few seasons she's just been going downhill as a character, especially in the last few episodes or so.

I am not sure I understand her jealousy for Ms Patmore obviously having an interest in Mr. Mason and vice versa. It's like she doesn't want anyone to be involved with Mr. Mason.