Closed Thread
Page 2 of 198 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CBS News
    The New York Post reported in its Monday editions that Gliedman is the daughter of a prominent Manhattan doctor. It described her boyfriend as a Harvard graduate and an Occupy Wall Street activist.
    Here we go.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Waraji View Post
    Here we go.
    OWS: Al Qaeda training camps.

Doesn't take it for granite
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post

The Terrorist Encyclopedia? HMTD? What is this, babby's first explosive?

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    OWS: Al Qaeda training camps.
    They probably went to the Ground Zero Mosque!!!!!

the elephant whisperer
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

reminds me of the old "anarchist cookbook" they used to use as a boogeyman when all it was good for was causing trouble as a pre-teen.

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

http://gawker.com/5972901/six+year+o...ith-his-finger

The parents of a first grader suspended from school for making a "gun gesture" at another student are hoping their lawyer can get the school to strike the incident from the boy's permanent record.

Roscoe R. Nix Elementary School in Silver Spring, Maryland, gave 6-year-old Rodney Lynch a one-day suspension last month after he was allegedly sent to the principal's office three times in a row for making a "gun gestures" — twice with a pair of scissors and once with his finger.

"What they're doing is looking at the worst possible interpretation of a young, naive 6-year-old," said Robin Ficker, the Lynch family's attorney. "This is a little child who can't form the intent to do anything like that."

The school disagrees.

"[He] threatened to shoot a student," Assistant Principal Renee Garraway wrote in a letter to Rodney's parents.

Garraway claims a guidance counselor asked Rodney to stop making shooting gestures. "Yet, after meeting with the counselor and assistant principal," the letter continues, "Rodney chose to point his finger at a female classmate and say 'Pow.'"

But to hear Rodney tell his side of the story, the "pow" was uttered by a friend — and he only pointed at the girl after she pointed at him.

"They could have called the mother in. They didn't do that," Ficker said. "Five years from now, when someone in to Montgomery County looks at his permanent record, they're going to see that he threatened to shoot another student."
    Glad we're catching them young.

I want to get arrested/tackled on the street for pointing my finger at someone and saying "Pow!"

Banned.

BG Level

Re: 2013 American Shootings thread

Proactive stupidity.

fuck you, Pow!

Ridill
    BG Level

no, fuck you

er, wait

To think it was a threat of violence is ridiculous.

It was clearly a very forward sexual advance.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Re: 2013 American Shootings thread

I used to make fake gun noises while playing in grade school. What next, no making car noises or playing matchbox because the child wants to run someone over?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Not US, but:

A gunman has opened fire in a village in Switzerland, killing three people and wounding two others, police say.

The attack happened on Wednesday at around 21:00 (20:00 GMT) in the village of Daillon in Valais canton, 100km (60 miles) east of Geneva.

Police shot and wounded the suspect after he threatened to turn a gun on them. He has been arrested.

Investigations revealed the man was a known drug addict and former mental health patient, authorities say.

The unnamed suspect in the Daillon attack is a 33-year-old unemployed ward of court, police said at a news conference on Thursday.

He fired at least 20 shots at his victims. Three women died instantly, while two men were also injured in the attack.

The weapons used in the shooting include a hunting gun and a historical army rifle known as a carbine, which dates back to the first half of the 20th Century, general prosecutor Catherine Sappey said.

Police had previously confiscated weapons from the suspect in 2005 when he was placed in a psychiatric ward.

Back then, "he was not known for having issued threats," Ms Sappey added.
    Gun laws

The BBC's Imogen Foulkes, in the Swiss capital of Bern, says the case is certain to call into question Switzerland's relatively liberal gun laws, under which Swiss men, all of whom must serve in the army, keep their guns at home.

The motives for the attack remain unclear at this stage but the assailant is thought to have been related to some of his victims, who include a couple, the general prosecutor said.

The woman died from her injuries while the man is still in hospital.
    Map

"It wasn't easy to intervene. The gunman turned his weapon on the officers, who had to shoot him in order not to be injured themselves," said police spokesman Jean-Marie Bornet.

Eyewitness Nathalie Frizzi told local daily Le Nouvelliste: "At first I didn't realise what was going on. I thought children were shooting at cats and I called out for them to stop. I am still shocked that I could have been hit by a bullet."

In a separate incident on Wednesday evening, an armed man in another Swiss village stormed into a restaurant and fired into the ceiling before being overpowered by customers, our correspondent says.

Gun attacks are rare in Switzerland, but shooting is a very popular sport in the country.

There are an estimated two to three million guns in circulation, although no-one knows the exact number because there is no national firearms register.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-18773158

Old Merits
    BG Level

People will always do two things: do/say something stupid, and over-react. The only difference is that media exposure these days is ridiculous. I was a sophomore when Columbine happened, they had it on the news during lunch. For the life of me, I can't remember what it was, but they were talking about a certain way those guys had did something. A guy sitting at the table over said something along the lines of, 'That's stupid, if they had only' Somebody apparently felt offended, went to the principal's office and the kid got expelled for good. Anybody with half a brain knew it wasn't a threat, and the kid's life went down the shitter. Had been a good student, but after getting kicked out ending up hanging around town unable to get a job and started getting into (real) trouble.

I don't know, maybe we really need to start fearing six year olds and be on the look out for any that do anything similar, such as play Cops & Robbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jer View Post
    People will always do two things: do/say something stupid, and over-react. The only difference is that media exposure these days is ridiculous. I was a sophomore when Columbine happened, they had it on the news during lunch. For the life of me, I can't remember what it was, but they were talking about a certain way those guys had did something. A guy sitting at the table over said something along the lines of, 'That's stupid, if they had only' Somebody apparently felt offended, went to the principal's office and the kid got expelled for good. Anybody with half a brain knew it wasn't a threat, and the kid's life went down the shitter. Had been a good student, but after getting kicked out ending up hanging around town unable to get a job and started getting into (real) trouble.

I don't know, maybe we really need to start fearing six year olds and be on the look out for any that do anything similar, such as play Cops & Robbers.
    Heh, that's eerily familiar to what happened to me, except I only got suspended for 6 weeks.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...usaolp00000009

The Alabama Department of Homeland Security wants Alabama residents "to be prepared for the worst."

The department has released a graphic public service announcement advising people what to do if they ever find themselves in the midst of a mass shooting.

The 6-minute video, which is replete with fake blood and shrill screaming, looks more like an action short than a taxpayer-funded instructional video. It shows a man, dressed in black and wearing dark sunglasses, shooting people at close range in a crowded workplace.

WATCH THE VIDEO ABOVE

The video recommends, among other things, that those who find themselves in "the middle of an active shooter event" have a plan. To wit: "run, hide, fight." (Fighting is a last resort, it should be noted, if escaping from the location or hiding in a secure place aren't possibilities.)

The video was actually produced for the city of Houston last year, said Leah Garner, the public information officer for the Alabama Department of Homeland Security. When Alabama officials saw the video, they decided to make a version specific to the state.

The department planned on officially releasing the video in January, but after the shooting at Newtown, Conn., last month, officials decided to move up the release date.

"From a law enforcement standpoint, we're just not at the point where we can predict who and why and how these [shootings] are happening," Garner told The Huffington Post. "So for law enforcement to be able to explain to the public and say this is the best case scenario of how you can respond in in this type of situation, hopefully will save lives."

According to the Associated Press, the PSA's $200,000 pricetag was covered by federal grants. Garner told HuffPost the state of Alabama had to pay about $2,000 to make the video specific to the state. Some of the changes included removing references to Houston and adding an introduction by Spencer Collier, the director of Alabama Homeland Security.
    So we need government produced videos now about how to act when someone is blowing away your work place. Video in link, sorry work wont let me open from youtube and link directly.

Ridill
    BG Level

Freedom requires sacrifices, sometimes your life!

This is the kind of thing that's referring to, right?

Resident Gestapo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Bunch of that stuff going on here. Buddy of mine who works at a University here in D.C. said their officials are putting together active shooter training seminars for the student body. Problem is the campus police here are all unarmed (except UDC and Howard, which have relatively smaller student bodies than G-Town or Catholic). My friend said his Sergeant was telling people in Roll Call to get the fuck out and switch to MPDC bands for backup and to not run in to the shit.

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

4 DEAD INCLUDING GUNMAN IN AURORA SHOOTING. LETS DO THIS
    http://www.9news.com/news/article/30...urora-shooting

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stanislaw Ziolkowski
    FFXIV Server
    Durandal

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    I want to get arrested/tackled on the street for pointing my finger at someone and saying "Pow!"
    I think you can do that by doing that in an U.S. Airport.

A bit more follow up to the story tyven posted above:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013...nman-shot-dead

A gunman shot dead three people at a Colorado home before being killed in an exchange of fire with officers, police said Saturday.

A police special weapons team was called to a property in Aurora after gunshots were heard at around 3am. It led to a tense stand-off lasting for hours, between authorities and the shooter, who had barricaded himself inside the home.

The confrontation ended at around 9am after the suspect was shot and killed in a firefight with officers, police sergeant Cassidee Carlson said.

Investigators say three victims appeared to have been killed before officers arrived. A fifth person escaped uninjured, but Carlson declined to elaborate.

Violence put Aurora in the national spotlight in July, after a gunman's rampage inside a movie theater in the Denver suburb left 12 people dead. Prosecutors will go to court Monday to outline their case against the suspect, James Holmes.
    Only six months later, eh?

Which reminds me, I used to be in an LS called Aurora when I was playing FFXI, heh.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 198 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast