FFXI Server
    Leviathan

That's one strategically placed comma

I'll change yer fuckin rate you derivative piece of shit
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    4 DEAD INCLUDING GUNMAN IN AURORA SHOOTING. LETS DO THIS
    http://www.9news.com/news/article/30...urora-shooting
    THIS JUST SHOWS THAT GUN BANS WOULDN'T WORK - METH IS BANNED AND THIS GUY STILL GOT METH DIDN'T HE?

DIDN'T HE?

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

that's methed up

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

Your avatar coupled with your post made me lol Qal. Seriously, the two together - priceless.

http://myfox8.com/2013/01/06/ga-mom-...aves-children/

Mom hides children, shoots intruder Paul Ali Slater 5 times
    LOGANVILLE, Ga. — A Georgia mother hid her two 9-year-old twins and shot an intruder, Paul Ali Slater, several times during a home invasion on Friday, according to multiple media reports.
    The Loganville mother said she didn’t initially answer when someone knocked on her door around 1 p.m. Friday. When the visitor began repeatedly ringing the doorbell, she called her husband at work, according to the Atlanta Journal Constitution.
    He then dialed 911 and his 37-year-old wife gathered their 9-year-old twins and hid them in a crawlspace inside the home.
    According to the report, the intruder then forced his way into the home and started “rummaging” through the family’s belongings.
    When the suspect went into the closet where the family was hiding ,the woman fired six bullets at the suspect, five of which hit alleged suspect Paul Ali Slater in the face and neck area.

the elephant whisperer
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

six shots, 5 in the head and neck...damn girl. lol

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Like Sarah Palin always said, you know the only difference between a pitbull and a hockey mom? A loaded firearm and opposable thumbs.

Quote Originally Posted by noblemountain View Post
    six shots, 5 in the head and neck...damn girl. lol
    Amazingly the guy lived. If only 6/6!

I can't be the only one that finds stories like this just a bit methed up. Burglar breaks in after he's satisfied that no one's home and gets shot by inhabitants he doesn't even know are there.

"I've got a gun the police are on their way" from down the hall the moment he got the door open and he would have booked it like 99% of people would. Nobody would fault someone for protecting their kids but it could have ended long before it came to shooting his face off point blank. It's one of those cases where the penalty for breaking and entering an empty house becomes death (guy survived by a total fluke in this case).

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

While I agree, Niiro, he won't be breaking into anyone else's home. I'm a big time believer in what's mine is mine and if anybody were to try and impede on that or my family in my home, they are subject to whatever means I can present to absolutely destroy them.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    I can't be the only one that finds stories like this just a bit methed up. Burglar breaks in after he's satisfied that no one's home and gets shot by inhabitants he doesn't even know are there.

"I've got a gun the police are on their way" from down the hall the moment he got the door open and he would have booked it like 99% of people would. Nobody would fault someone for protecting their kids but it could have ended long before it came to shooting his face off point blank. It's one of those cases where the penalty for breaking and entering an empty house becomes death (guy survived by a total fluke in this case).
    Sorry, you (should) know the consequences when you break into someones home. Why should I give away my position when you've not only inconvenienced me by breaking in but also have the gall to invade my private space and disrespect my home? Why should I assume they'll book it instead of murdering me in order to score their next drug fix?

Further how do you know the burglar is alone?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

highly doubt ill stop to have a conversation with somebody kicking in my door.

Adrenalin and fear,stress will start to kick. And a mother protecting her kids won't be in any rational state of mind to even come to that thought.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Consequences are a bitch. Now this guy really gets to understand that his actions were wrong and gets to be reminded of it every day for the rest of his life. He broke into someones home with malicious intent. I would not have announced myself either. I would have shot him as soon as he kicked in the door. I have the advantage of a great hiding place above the entry though.

Based on the guy's behavior, he broke it only after he was satisfied the house was empty.

What portion of burglars (armed or not, alone or not) do you think are going to stick around to risk confronting an armed occupant and murdering them when the police are already on their way?

Quote Originally Posted by Acevalefor View Post
    Consequences are a bitch. Now this guy really gets to understand that his actions were wrong and gets to be reminded of it every day for the rest of his life. He broke into someones home with malicious intent. I would not have announced myself either. I would have shot him as soon as he kicked in the door. I have the advantage of a great hiding place above the entry though.
    Statements like this come off as disgustingly self-righteous and more than a bit sociopathic.

Because you never did anything wrong in your whole life and you can't possibly conceive how someone desperate for money could do bad things it must mean that it's okay to kill them without a second thought. Even more, you're enthusiastic about it, about ending the life of someone who may not have any intentions of violence.

If the day comes when someone breaks into your house and you gun them down and they turn out to be some 90lb jackoff 15 year old from a broken and abusive home looking for any cash they can find, a person that would trip over their own feet running away at the mere sound of a voice threatening them to leave; if you can honestly tell me that such a person deserves to die for what they've done and that killing them wouldn't bother you in the least then I'm more afraid of you than I am of most burglars.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Garona

While some of that may be true, you cannot know the intent of anybody entering the house. Are you going to wait and find out to see what kind of person they are? Are you going to get to know them a little bit while they break into your home and take your possessions and threaten your family? Also, when you're home with your children, a different type of energy kicks in when something like this goes down. You immediately go into survival mode because you WILL kill or be killed when it comes to your children. Sure, they can have my TV or whatever but my kid, no chance.

How you react to the situation should depend on the situation, in this instance the invasion was neither sudden nor did the burglar's actions imply any intent of violence or physical harm.

I'm tired of the hyperbole of "no time to sit down and have tea with the burglar" when "I have a gun, cops are on the way" will not only defuse almost any home invasion situation but takes all of 5 seconds to utter. It will take you longer to get to your gun (or rather, it should, unless you leave it lying about irresponsibly) than it will to say that.

If you want to protect your kids do that from a locked room down the hall as they're standing in the doorway rather than let the burglar get within arm's reach of them and, more importantly, your gun. Had the guy been a little quicker to react (or the woman a little slower to fire) he could have snatched that gun away from her and then what?

Spoiler: show
    Chances are he would have taken the gun and ran, but that's beside the point.

I'm a very cynical person but even I realize that most people are not going to murder someone, much less a mother and her children, over a burglary.

This just in, Ambushes aren't fair.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Based on the guy's behavior, he broke it only after he was satisfied the house was empty.

What portion of burglars (armed or not, alone or not) do you think are going to stick around to risk confronting an armed occupant and murdering them when the police are already on their way?

Statements like this come off as disgustingly self-righteous and more than a bit sociopathic.

Because you never did anything wrong in your whole life and you can't possibly conceive how someone desperate for money could do bad things it must mean that it's okay to kill them without a second thought. Even more, you're enthusiastic about it, about ending the life of someone who may not have any intentions of violence.

If the day comes when someone breaks into your house and you gun them down and they turn out to be some 90lb jackoff 15 year old from a broken and abusive home looking for any cash they can find, a person that would trip over their own feet running away at the mere sound of a voice threatening them to leave; if you can honestly tell me that such a person deserves to die for what they've done and that killing them wouldn't bother you in the least then I'm more afraid of you than I am of most burglars.
    The hiding place part was not to be taken seriously...

As far as the rest? I don't recall, even after rereading what I wrote, ever saying I would kill someone enthusiastically. Nor did I say I would kill them at all. You are right about one thing though. I would more than likely make my presence known and give them the chance to surrender and wait for the cops, but I would not let them go free after intruding into my house unless there were some incredible circumstances involved.

As far as self righteous...see the post Meko made. It is my home and my family. I will defend my family to the death if need be. If I am self righteous for that, then that is as it should be. Sociopathic though? You are trying too hard and listening to too many buzz words.

Doesn't take it for granite
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That is the biggest melanin-enriched 90 lb 15 year old I've ever seen.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

How you react to the situation should depend on the situation, in this instance the invasion was neither sudden nor did the burglar's actions imply any intent of violence or physical harm.

I'm tired of the hyperbole of "no time to sit down and have tea with the burglar" when "I have a gun, cops are on the way" will not only defuse almost any home invasion situation but takes all of 5 seconds to utter. It will take you longer to get to your gun (or rather, it should, unless you leave it lying about irresponsibly) than it will to say that.

If you want to protect your kids do that from a locked room down the hall as they're standing in the doorway rather than let the burglar get within arm's reach of them and, more importantly, your gun. Had the guy been a little quicker to react (or the woman a little slower to fire) he could have snatched that gun away from her and then what?

Spoiler: show
    Chances are he would have taken the gun and ran, but that's beside the point.

I'm a very cynical person but even I realize that most people are not going to murder someone, much less a mother and her children, over a burglary.
    You're making a very rational point in your comments. But here's your problem. The situation is anything BUT rational. A mother at home with her children and someone breaks in. Her thoughts aren't "well fuck there goes my flat screen." Her thoughts are "protect family protect family protect family protect family." She is no longer functioning as a rational human being at that point in time. Her priority is to protect her family, not give the guy breaking in her house to potentially harm her family a chance to find where she is and attack.

You keep saying she should call out I have a gun police are on the way and that nobody is going to risk a confrontation over a burglary. How do you know? How do you know he doesn't have a gun as well? How do you know he is alone? Are YOU willing to take that chance with your kids cowering in fear clutching at your legs behind you with you being the only line of defense in front of them? As to your comments about it possibly being a 15yo from a broken home, again, how do you know? Last I checked most 15yo's can figure out how to pull a trigger.

Don't want to get shot by a mother protecting her family? Don't fucking break into houses that you don't live in.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 198 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast