Closed Thread
Page 6 of 198 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Whether the burglar deserved to be shot is irrelevant. The actus reus is on the intruder, the woman is completely justified in her actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    and I'm just saying that this is a bad example for you to use, because, as mentioned, it's a mother defending her children

it's simply nature, you don't threaten a mother and her children and expect anything less than the threat of death in response
    When did he deliberately threaten them? He didn't know they were there.

Idk how many times I have to say that her actions were justified and completely understandable, the outcome was merely unfortunate given the circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Hirokei Kiaza View Post
    Whether the burglar deserved to be shot is irrelevant. The actus reus is on the intruder, the woman is completely justified in her actions.
    How is it irrelevant?

Based on the actus reus he committed burglary. We don't kill people for that. If you wanted to argue anything further you need to prove mens rea.

And again with people acting like I said the woman wasn't justified, christ, not what I said and not the point.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Shooting an intruder in your house is not a form of punishment.

he burgled her house
    she burgled his life

problem?

BG Level

What the hell exactly are you arguing about then? That the woman was too mean? That she should've begged the burglar to go away in hopes that would work? That she shouldn't have been in her house lol?

Whether the burglar deserved to be shot is irrelevant because the woman was justified in her response. I can't make it any clearer lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    Shooting an intruder in your house is not a form of punishment.
    In the technical sense that's correct, it's self-defense, but the result is still the same.

More importantly self defense can't be carried out by a house with no one in it, as such the circumstances are relevant when considering the events that transpired.

Whether the burglar deserved to be shot is irrelevant because the woman was justified in her response. I can't make it any clearer lol.
    Can you understand that based on the burglars actions and apparent intent he did not deserve to die for what he did?

Try looking past your own nose and not jerking your knee too hard.

The woman was justified in her actions, the man didn't deserve to be shot almost to death. These concepts are not contradictory under the law and not hard to comprehend.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Hey so when the policeman tried to get the drunk driver to pull over and the drunk wrecked and died that's not cool, the punishment didn't fit the crime.

BG Level

The woman was justified in her actions, the man didn't deserve to be shot almost to death. These concepts are not contradictory under the law and not hard to comprehend.
    Except in this instance it is.

Pro-tip: The woman isn't going to be brought up on attempted murder charges anytime soon. To insist the man didn't deserve to be shot is to infer the woman has done something criminal, she hasn't. You can argue all you want, the court of law clearly does not give a fuck whether or not he was shot in the face.

Now if you wanna argue that you feel sorry for him and so should we, then by all means just come out and say it.

Resident Gestapo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Can you understand that based on the burglars actions and apparent intent he did not deserve to die for what he did?

Try looking past your own nose and not jerking your knee too hard.

Don't shoot to wound. You shoot to kill.

Besides, we have no idea what was going through that woman's mind and the very vague collection of the "story" doesn't give us any details as to what happened. Can't say the dude didn't threaten them or anything because we don't know. Something must have sparked her to shoot the guy like she did. If he opened the door and came face to face with a gun, how come he didn't run? Did she open fire immediately when he opened it (ambush style) or did he do something to set her off like raise the crowbar he had or yell at her? Did she warn him? Too many questions, not enough of the facts of the story to answer.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

When did he deliberately threaten them? He didn't know they were there.
    "Hey, I'm sorry I broke down your door and I have a crowbar but none of this would have happened if you hadn't been home".

Seriously. Come on.

To insist the man didn't deserve to be shot is to infer the woman has done something criminal, she hasn't.
    No, it's not.

The law recognizes a person's right to defend themselves if they feel threatened, it also recognizes circumstance and human fallibility.

The law says you have the right to use lethal force in the name of self defense on an intruder in your own home. Outside of suspicious circumstances this is not generally scrutinized as it is unreasonable to expect people to survey the situation and determine and carry out only the reasonable force necessary to defend themselves, that is a highly unreasonable expectation and the law recognizes that. As such, the use of lethal force against an intruder when it is not necessary for self defense is not criminal.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

what the shitballs are you even trying to argue anymore.

not gonna lie when i read she shot him in the closet, i immediately thought of burn after reading

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    what the shitballs are you even trying to argue anymore.
    It's one thing to say that the woman's actions were understandably justified given the situation, it's another to say that the burglar deserved to be shot or killed
    ^ For the third time.

People see lethal force used in the name of self defense and a criminal act and often too readily pass judgement on the situation without sufficiently analyzing it.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Wonder how traumatic it was for the kids to see a man with five bullet wounds in his face. Bet they grow up to be sociopaths.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybar View Post
    Bet they grow up to be sociopaths.
    At least they probably won't be burglars. And they'll go to bed when their mother tells them it's time for fucking bed.

MOST RAD.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pupuru Puru
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Burglar did deserve it. Dumb-ass didn't case the joint well enough.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

People see lethal force used in the name of self defense and a criminal act and often too readily pass judgement on the situation without sufficiently analyzing it.
    http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...ps0b8d09d0.gif

The burglar knew the risks of breaking into a house the same way I know the risks of walking into traffic.

Yes, it's always easier to change the issue than it is to think about it.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Yes, it's always easier to change the issue than it is to think about it.
    What the fuck? How hard is this to understand? Don't want to get shot? Don't break into someone's fucking house. It's not rocket science.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 198 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast