Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Patch 5.2     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Never thought I'd see the day I'd have to toss elder charms lol. Forgot there was a cap of 20 of those things.

Was there any major changes to Monk in the patch? My brother and i were both getting about 80k dps before patch and now he's dropped almost 20k dps. I don't have the first clue how monk works though. Anyone play monk dps and could shine some light on it?

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Had to kind of laugh how fast mages were rebuffed. Every other class waits months before they see their buffs. Mages not at the top? Oh Shit! SHUT. DOWN. EVERYTHING.
    Metzen must have rerolled from shaman to mage.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    Ghostcrawler is a Mage iirc. Always figured he was the reason.

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    Metzen is Green Jesus for life.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarman View Post
    Ghostcrawler is a Mage iirc. Always figured he was the reason.
    Pretty sure GC doesn't play wow seriously at all.

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

I thought I would hate the changes to S Priest with the removal of SW:Insanity, but the DPS boost from Mind Flay actually is a lot better. If I can start a fight with a three-orb Devouring Plague, I can Mind Flay twice and have the mob almost dead just from that.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zimt Zucker
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Spoony Bob View Post
    Was there any major changes to Monk in the patch? My brother and i were both getting about 80k dps before patch and now he's dropped almost 20k dps. I don't have the first clue how monk works though. Anyone play monk dps and could shine some light on it?
    With the change to Windwalker's Mastery, they also cut a fair amount of the passive damage bonuses that the spec had. Rising Sun Kick went from a 15% bonus damage debuff to 10%, and Stance of the Fierce Tiger went from 20% bonus damage to 10%.

I'm having the same issues with lost DPS. Ultimately it comes out to having to manage Tigereye Brew much more effectively than in the past - timing it with other buffs and during phases where opponents take more damage.

old content yes, but where's the best spot to get elder charms now, are they only gotten from thunder isle dailies?

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by chazzyphizzle View Post
    old content yes, but where's the best spot to get elder charms now, are they only gotten from thunder isle dailies?
    weekly scenario is the best bet.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

^ This, I got around 15 Elder Charms from my weekly scenario this week on my DK.

sorry for the stupid question, not finding an updated resource for where to get elder charms. are they a reward after completing your solo scenario or do they drop randomly inside it?

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by chazzyphizzle View Post
    sorry for the stupid question, not finding an updated resource for where to get elder charms. are they a reward after completing your solo scenario or do they drop randomly inside it?
    they can come from the treasure chests in here:

http://www.wowhead.com/zone=6716

appreciate it

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Got bored and decided to circle the the Isle of thunder, starting from sunreaver outpost. Not far along the coastline I noticed a rock i could get my mount onto. No real terrain tricks, just jump on the rock and run along it. Sure enough I was able to get to part of the island locked off, a cave with mobs in it. Now I hear they're suspending people for stuff like this, soooo hope I still have my account in the morning lol.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Doubt it. The best you can do is get a handful of easy achievements early. Things such as the lore items, rare spawns, world boss, thunderforge etc won't be available until that specific stage of the island is open. Some basic fodder mobs are roaming around, but that's about it.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

If you are not watching you should be Flash vs Life, Flash is bleeding:

http://www.twitch.tv/mlgsc2/new

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Oondasta spawned twice on Stormrage this morning, no more than 2 hours after the first death. So he's either broken, or has one hell of a random spawn timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Korialstrasz View Post
    Oondasta spawned twice on Stormrage this morning, no more than 2 hours after the first death. So he's either broken, or has one hell of a random spawn timer.
    They apparently upped his spawn rate, and since Blizzard can't do anything "somewhat" they probably put him to Sha of Anger spawn rate %.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Oondasta's design philosophy pretty much failed miserably on servers that can muster up 60+ people to chain graveyard zerg him down, lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast