+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Patch 5.2     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Yeah Oondasta is just a piece of a shit design, I did it once and honestly cant be bothered to fly to that island again for a chance at getting nothing but gold in a satchel or some bullshit.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Dragonblight

Yeah I don't even bother with him unless we're throwing half the server at him. All it takes is one jerkoff, horde or alliance, to point him towards the majority of the raids to wipe out 50+ people from one ability. Lets not forget the butthurt horde who keep pulling elite dinosaurs on top of us, who do 150k AoE lockout roars.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

But the 26g is totally worth the 100g repair bill, right? It's amazing how much of a clusterfuck the fight is, when the mechanics are so fucking easy. Tanks stand in front, dps stand in back, don't stack. But no amount of telling people that seems to ever help. Instead we play "spin the T-rex" for 10 minutes while we GY zerg it. You know, if your tanks aren't so retarded that they know to actually kite him there.

I didn't even think that they'd have intentionally changed his spawn timer since it happened early morning with no reset. Oh well, works for me. Shit always wanted to spawn right after logging out or raiding.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The only thing that drove me crazy about that fight was the huge amount of people it takes, when I killed it we had over 250 people fighting him and my spells took 5 second delays to cast.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

It's never been killed on my server. I would love to fight the thing but neither side can kill it. So depressing.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Oddly enough by bringing so many people to fight it you create an environment where no one can really do their job successfully, makes me wonder how many you seriously need to kill it. My meters after the fight had the top 10 players at around 30k DPS just because it's too laggy to do anything besides sit there and auto attack or in my case spam Arcane Blast without being able to put up a rune of power or mage bomb.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

It seems to be a fight tuned for a 40 man group, but only if everyone in that 40 man group understands simple shit like 'spread out' and 'do more than 80k dps for fuck's sake.'

Which is why pugs fail, and do things like graveyard zerg it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

It's ok guys, Oondasta's HP was stealth nerfed by 50%.

I wish I was trolling.

what was his health before? it was 860m or something when i fought him today

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

hahahah it did get stealth nerfed. I'm looking at it now, 436.1m

wat...? i fought him about 3 hours ago and he had his normal 860 whatever

The 69th Donor
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Wow lol. That's a huge nerf ... only 100m more than Galleon, that's going to make him trivial as fuck.

Ridill
    BG Level

yeah at 400m he's 10 mannable

Ridill
    BG Level

So I guess 5.3 can go in 5.2 thread since it's not a big content patch?

us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/9135374/53_PTR_Patch_Notes_now_available-3_22_2013

Updated March 22

World of Warcraft PTR Patch 5.3

General

Please note: During the 5.3 PTR, not all the content listed may not be available for testing or may only be available during a limited testing window. Keep an eye on our PTR Discussion forum for details.

New Battleground: Deepwind Gorge

In the new Battleground situated in the Valley of the Four Winds, the Alliance and Horde continue their war for Pandaria’s precious resources. While the two factions battle for control over mines, they must also protect their own resources from being stolen and turned against them!

New Arena: Shado-Pan

Gladiator hopefuls have a new location to test their mettle amidst the Kun-Lai mountain tops, in the training grounds of the powerful Shado-Pan. Players must make use of the looming tiger statues and fenced platforms to gain an advantage that will bring victory and glory!

New Scenario: Battle on the High Seas

Help your faction fend off enemy forces in the midst of a battle for naval supremacy on the High Seas.

New Scenario: Blood in the Snow

An agent of Zandalar has infiltrated Dun Morogh and rallied the Frostmane trolls. At Varian’s request, Moira will lead her personal guard against them once the king’s champions have stopped the magical storm protecting Shimmer Ridge.

New Scenario: Dark Heart of Pandaria

Goblin engineers have been excavating in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms to find a mysterious artifact, but all they've found is trouble; you have been personally called upon by the Warchief to aid them in their hour of need.

New Scenario: The Secrets of Emberdeep

Infiltrate the Emberdeep Caverns and assist the Gob Squad in investigating a recent disappearance in Durotar.

Heroic Scenarios

A heroic difficulty for Scenarios have been added and are designed to provide challenging content for small groups of well-seasoned adventurers. Completing a Heroic Scenario awards Valor points, and a chance to obtain Raid Finder quality items.

Classes

Death Knight

More information coming soon.

Druid

General

Mark of the Wild had its mana cost reduced to 5%, down from 10%.
    Symbiosis: Intimidating Roar had its cooldown increased to 90 seconds, up from 60 seconds.

Hunter

Mage

General

Arcane Brilliance had its mana cost reduced to 1%, down from 4%.
    Dalaran Brilliance had its mana cost reduced to 1%, down from 4%.

Monk

General

Spear Hand Strike now locks a spell school out for 4 seconds, down from 5 seconds.

Windwalker

Legacy of the Emperor had its energy cost reduced to 1%, down from 6%.
    Legacy of the White Tiger had its energy cost reduced to 1%, down from 6%.

Paladin

General

Blessing of Kings had its mana cost reduced to 5%, down from 22.3%.
    Blessing of Might had its mana cost reduced to 5%, down from 22.3%.

Priest

General

Power Word: Fortitude had its mana cost reduced to 1%, down from 4.4%.

Rogue

Shaman

Warlock

General
    Dark Intent had its mana cost reduced to 1%, down from 4%.

Warrior

Talents

Vigilance now resets the cooldown on Taunt in addition to its current effects.

Quests

Creatures

Oondasta

Shiny Pile of Refuse now has a chance to contain a Primal Egg, and a number of Dinosaur Bones.
    Spitfire Beam no longer increases in damage with each jump, deals a flat 200,000 damage(up from 150,000 damage), and jumps to 99 targets (up from 20 targets).

Pet Battles
    Dueling for Pet Battles are now available in all dungeons and raids. Enjoy!

Raids, Dungeons, and Scenarios

Loot Specialization

Players can now choose to receive loot for a specialization that's different from their current class role. This feature could be accessed by right-clicking on the character portrait and selecting the option from the drop-down list. Loot specialization is available for bonus rolls, Raid Finder, and Pandarian quest rewards.

Raids

Bonus Roll

Protection for bad luck streaks have been added to bonus rolls. Each bonus roll that does not provide loot has a progressively better chance to award loot to the player.

Serpentshrine Cavern

For the Fathom-Lord Karathress encounter, Cataclysmic Bolt now deals 10% of the target's maximum health plus 500 damage, down from 50% of target's maximum health, the stun effect is now a Stun mechanic, and can target any player instead of only characters with mana.
    Lady Vashj

Coilfang Strider's Panic ability now activates every 4 seconds, up from every 2 seconds.
    Shock Blast's stun effect is now a Stun mechanic.
    Tainted Elementals now despawn after 20 seconds, up from 15 seconds.

Tempest Keep

For the High Astromancer Solarian encounter, Nether Scryer's Domination spell now has a 2 second cast time, up from instant cast, and can be silenced.
    For the Void Reaver encounter, the radius for Arcane Orb has been reduced to 15 yards, down from 20 yards.

Throne of Thunder

Amani’shi Beast Shaman no longer casts Chain Lightning while mounted on Amani Warbears.

PvP
    Additional information and explanation for the reasoning behind PvP changes will be available very soon.
    All characters now have a base Resilience of 65%.
    Resilience has been removed from most PvP gear.
    Season 13 Tyrannical gear had their item levels increased to ilevel 496, up from ilevel 493.
    Season 13 Tyrannical Elite gear had their item levels decreased to ilevel 496, down from ilevel 512.
    Battlegrounds, Rated Battlegrounds, and Arenas now have an ilevel cap. All gear will be scaled down to ilevel 496.
    Additional information and explanation for the reasoning behind PvP changes will be available very soon.
    PvP Power will remain on PvP gear.
    Battlegrounds

Professions

Herbalists of low skill can now pick herbs in Pandaria for a small amount of usable material. The yield an herbalist will be able to harvest from each node is determined by skill level.
    Miners of low skill can now mine mineral deposits in Pandaria for a small amount of usable material. The yield a miner will be able to harvest from each node is determined by skill level.

Items

The Voidbinders are back in capital cities and shrines.

PvE Item Upgrades

Items upgradable by Valor now require 250 Valor to upgrade per 4 item levels, for a total of 500 Valor for 8 item levels per item. This is retroactive to all items that use Valor.
    Items upgradable by Justice now require 750 Justice to upgrade per 8 item levels, for a total of 750 Justice for 8 item levels per item. This is retroactive to all items that use Justice.

PvP Item Upgrades

Malevolent Gladiator’s Conquest (Season 12) items that have upgrades available are still upgradable at their original costs.
    Dreadful Gladiator’s Honor (Season 12) items that have upgrades available are still upgradable at their original costs.
    No other PvP items are upgradable.

Unclaimed Black Market Containers are now available on the Black Market Auction House. What's inside? It's a mystery! When opened, the container has a chance to contain any item that can be available on the BMAH.
    Courageous Primal Diamond had its clearcasting effect renamed to “Lucidity” to differentiate it from other spells with that name.

UI

Bug Fixes

Some pretty cool stuff in there. PvP changes could get very interesting.

There will be more content added over time I'm sure.

If the 5.0->5.1->5.2 timeline is to be followed, it won't actually land until late May.

PvP Power will remain on PvP gear.
    This will be..interesting.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Dragonblight

Unclaimed Black Market Containers are now available on the Black Market Auction House. What's inside? It's a mystery! When opened, the container has a chance to contain any item that can be available on the BMAH.

Srsly?

inb4 people paying 50k+ for these boxes for tier 3 they can't use

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Meresgi View Post
    This will be..interesting.
    thank you, jesus. Now I don't have to swap to inferior gear to attempt to fend off the faggots that try to gank me while doing dailies. EAT MY RAID GEAR, YOU LITTLE SHITS, HOW DOES THIS ONSLAUGHT OF CHAOS BOLTS TASTE?! HUH?! YEAH, GO FUCK YOURSELF

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Wow haha talk about a 180 on pvp gear design.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

you have no idea how much i love this. sure, pvp power will still play a role, but no need to gimp my gear by thousands of int just to gain some bullshit defense against your prick attempts to ruin my day.

Completely unrelated, but... i am leveling a mage, and the difference between fire and frost specs (lvl 81) is fucknig stupid. i have have all the luck with crits in the world on fire and pull 11k on 1 fight, and could be a complete fucktard as frost and pull 13k. wtf is this shit