Closed Thread
Page 33 of 77 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast
    Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I regret reading the manga (I went off on a spur after watching the No Regrets OVA and then the entire series again in Cantonese dub last week... went straight to plowing through the manga from 1-70)

So they come monthly, and are on holiday for July? Shit ...

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Japan is weird. May issue comes out in June and then August issue comes out in July.

So there's no break unless it said September issue.

Find myself erring more and more toward titans being a man-made affair. Whether a Riess ancestor is the origin or not, I dunno.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm still thinking some big ass twist is coming regarding the outside world. The title of the first chapter has had me interested in it's meaning for some time.

Unless it's just past memories or something.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

They're most definitely man-made at this point, considering they make up the walls themselves.

I had a more speculative post written up instead of my last one, but nixed it since I felt like the beast titan is perhaps too much a wildcard still. Either way, I think the Ackerman "power" is related to the titans in some manner, too.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Lame chapter is lame. They start off strong with a 2 month time skip, technilogical advances, no more candles or light bulbs adding to electric bills, but overall an underwhelming chapter to setup the setup of something that won't happen until probably September or October. Man, they already take a month to release; why they gotta take a whole month off?
    lolwat

Chapter was good.

Spoiler: show
    The "spear" they created thanks to said technological advances is a huge step forward, and it was nice to see something good for the people come out of Rod Reiss's dumbfuckery. It was also nice to see Historia taking in all those orphans, and doing the crown justice. I also had a feeling Shadis mentioning Dr Jaeger at the beginning of the series meant something. Also, that setup in the last three pages. Shit is about to go down.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

It wasn't a useless chapter, don't get me wrong.

They needed Erin to make those machines, and they're just now realizing they're pushing him too hard. Something is going to go down on alright, and I wouldn't be surprised if it made those machines worthless.

I feel like them using those lights/crystals is going to backfire on them somehow. Like it's idle titan juice or something.

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Yeah, this is AoT after all. People gonna get rekt somehow lol.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

new trailer

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Oh god it looks just as campy as the Pheonix Wright movie...I can't wait!

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

This Eren doesn't look like a punk bitch. Still might be legit

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/revi...n-movie/.90469

They went total Japanese Horror with the movie.

"This is not a heroic fantasy with gore, grit, and gristle around the edges like the manga. This is not high-octane action peppered with shocking twists like the anime series. This movie's mission is to plunge you into a unique heightened reality filled with nauseating nightmares and disturbingly human cruelty. This version of Attack on Titan is pure horror movie, a one-of-a-kind experiment in atmospheric terror you may never forget."

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Rather boring new chapter :/

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnus View Post
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/revi...n-movie/.90469

They went total Japanese Horror with the movie.

"This is not a heroic fantasy with gore, grit, and gristle around the edges like the manga. This is not high-octane action peppered with shocking twists like the anime series. This movie's mission is to plunge you into a unique heightened reality filled with nauseating nightmares and disturbingly human cruelty. This version of Attack on Titan is pure horror movie, a one-of-a-kind experiment in atmospheric terror you may never forget."
    I am A-OK with this. Bring it!

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Excited for this!

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Quote Originally Posted by Seha View Post
    Rather boring new chapter :/
    You're a rather boring new chapter!

But yeah it was pretty chill considering the build up in the last issue. Typical AoT raising more questions than answering.

Spoiler: show
    Guessing Grisha is from the same village as the other shifters, seeing as he's obviously not from within the walls. Seeing him when he found out Carla's fate and dragging Eren in to the woods was kinda neat.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

I usually groan during build up chapters, especially two in a row, but I really enjoyed that backstory. It tied together very well things we already knew bits and pieces of, but not exactly how it flowed together.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    I usually groan during build up chapters, especially two in a row, but I really enjoyed that backstory. It tied together very well things we already knew bits and pieces of, but not exactly how it flowed together.
    Aye, before this I never knew just exactly when Geisha drag's Eren out in the woods, there seems to be a minor time skip in the first ep of that happening.

Closed Thread
Page 33 of 77 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast