+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 216 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon X & Y (3DS)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

gotta control my instincts and pretend
    not to be a shitposter/homophobe

BG Level

Funny, I thought a new Pokemon game might have been enough of a reason to get a 3DS, but I don't feel the urge to do so.
    These will be the first Pokemon games I don't play, even though I don't see anything wrong with them (unlike BW, which ended up sucking as much as I expected when I saw the announcement the first time).
    I guess I'll just play competitively on simulators.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

As soon as there was mention of that preposterous and cumbersome right-analog stick attachment, I thought I would hold out for the next iteration of the 3DS where they'd include the right stick on the actual device. This came first. At least the system was cracked last week. By October there'll probably be a nice SD card reader so I can download and play this stuff, Ocarina, Star Fox, and Mario Kart 7 for free.

Oh and the female PC is in the trailer, Xopher.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Gonna wait for (the presumable) Z as well, unless they announce a Zelda game for 3DS before Z comes out, in which case I'll have to get a 3DS..

Also, fuck yes for a fire starter that's not fighting -- at least it better not be..

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

This looks fkn awesome.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by BWYuko View Post
    Oh and the female PC is in the trailer, Xopher.
    Around 0:25 in the first youtube link in the OP:

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Gonna wait for (the presumable) Z as well, unless they announce a Zelda game for 3DS before Z comes out, in which case I'll have to get a 3DS..

Also, fuck yes for a fire starter that's not fighting -- at least it better not be..
    me and sister said this but no fire starter has a sub typing only 2nd+, i said i'd like Fire dark since it reminds me of Zorua

The good news. YAY, new graphics!

The bad news...is it the exact same gameplay? We need a world where people don't endlessly fap about Stealth Rock on Smogon while wondering who can spam Outrage better.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

And so it begins.

Definitely not interested in getting a 3DS anytime soon. I like pokemon a lot but its not enough to get me to purchase the 3DS.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely View Post
    And so it begins.

y u do this?

Fucking fandom...

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Shit I still need to get Black 2 before this.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yeah, I know but I can't tell what she looks like really. She looks cute but I need a front view.

Nothing so far has beaten Dawn/D/P/Pt trainer.

green jellybean
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

they better allow for hair color swaps, talk about mousy brown.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post

It looks like it uses a psychic type attack in the trailer, might be Fire/Psychic.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

I'll be getting Y (cause I'm a guy [XY]) still won't buy a 3ds until they release a neutral color or green or FF Tactics 3DS releases before this. I can get the fire starter again, I am excited about that. B/W screwed up my love of fire starting pokemon. This one looks cool, but can it dethrone my love of infernape?

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Adajer View Post
    I'll be getting Y (cause I'm a guy [XY]) still won't buy a 3ds until they release a neutral color or green or FF Tactics 3DS releases before this. I can get the fire starter again, I am excited about that. B/W screwed up my love of fire starting pokemon. This one looks cool, but can it dethrone my love of infernape?
    Black isn't a neutral color?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiseran Gustaberg
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Guys, I'm pretty sure X and Y isn't for chromosomes.... If special edition is, in fact, Z..... It makes sense seeing as how it's full 3D.

http://www.webnation.com/vidirep/images/texmap/xyz.jpg

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

It probably isn't for chromosomes. That was just my logic for deciding which version to buy.

There are no black versions in NA, just red, blue, and pink(wtf yo). I read somewhere that Reggie said they didn't release black 3DS in NA because the black handhelds never sold well in NA. Red and blue sold the best, pink sold well too. Better than black at least. I still think it sucks. They will definitely have another color option by October.

green jellybean
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    Black isn't a neutral color?
    I keep wondering if people are talking about the 3DS XL for the same reason. I love my black 3ds The blue XL has a metalic finish and doesn't look as crayola as a lot of the marketing images :-/

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    Yeah, I know but I can't tell what she looks like really.
    Indeed. After venturing America in Gen 5, it's obvious they're exploring European locales/themes here. The Japanese have a particular fascination with French culture and spoken French, and they very clearly allude to Paris already; the player character, monsters, npc designs/clothing will likely have heavy W.European influence. The simultaneous int'l release comes as no coincidence; they will be pushing that Euro market hardest.

They also feel (swear this isn't racist, but their cultural opinion of themselves) that they, as a people, look rather boringly similar to one another. This is why the concept of siblings and unrelated persons doubling as a false twin/doppelganger is a common plot device in their youth media, and why shitty disguises always fool the bad guys. It also explains their desire to design manga and game characters with infamously colorful or otherwise impossible hairstyles. I'm sure the female lead will look like a common French girl (through whatever distinctly Japanese lens they view Europeans).

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiseran View Post
    Guys, I'm pretty sure X and Y isn't for chromosomes....
    The idea is that they want us to think it's both. This is called "word" "play". Nintendo pulled the same shabang with the Nintendo DS, which everyone was led to believe meant "dual screen" but Nintendo explained originally meant "developer's system." In the same vain, the latest seasons of the Pkmn anime repeats the "Best Wishes" quip as a play on BW for Black and White.

Who knows if they will do a special edition, a direct sequel, something entirely different, or nothing at all? I do know the devs involved with Gen 3 who are still at Game Freak have been aching to remake those games; if they build R/S in full 3D like this it would be a very different experience than the old GBA games. Will all be very interesting.