BG Level

Pokemon X & Y (3DS) Worldwide Release Oct 2013

IGN Article - Battle of the Pokémon Starters
    [edit: link removed]

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Char mother fucking mander! and Gen IV but would have liked mudkip over Mr penguin

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

i found a link (pretty sure it was on bg) that takes you to a decently done explanation of the starters and where they have come from (in the real world application) but I'm unable to find this webpage again, would anyone know of such a magical thing? (or did i dream it up in a sugar high coma)

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

LMFAO

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Spoiler: show

Fire from the chest area, Water from the nose.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Worth noting in the preview it appears that Firefox uses a psychic attack.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Vobent

Nintendo has sent out some new details regarding Pokémon X & Y. Specifically, it has confirmed that the types of Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie will be pure Grass, Fire and Water respectively
    http://serebii.net/index2.shtml

Nothing about their evolutions though.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Vobent View Post
    http://serebii.net/index2.shtml

Nothing about their evolutions though.
    i see Chespin been Grass/ground in his final evolution i think people are hoping fire/psychic for Fennekin and Froakie will most likely stay pure water but i wouldn't mind water/ice >.>

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Water/Electric!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Water/Electric!
    no was stupid in 2nd gen it's not any cooler now! (water types are awkward to get a second subbing for if not bird pokemon remember the Lilly pad pokemon? /shiver)

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Odin'sLaw View Post
    as much as it took 6 years to develop pokémon they never thought the show would last longer then the first Series so they kind of dug Ash's grave there and then
    late reply but I went and watched the Paul DP league fights as well as Tobias. How can Pikachu solo Latios then not even three episodes later get demolished by a level ~1-5 Snivy... I mean c'mon. I get the point of restarting seasons for new games but really? Now I remember why I stopped watching. Has there been a statement as to why they do this? They have to know people watch season to season...

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Pokemon don't really have "Levels" in the Anime. IDK how to really explain it outside of the idea each of them is like.. You can Kill a dude holding a gun and all you had was a rock, doesn't mean you'll beat the guy with the knife though, cause the knife can still take you out.

or something. If it was determined by levels, Pikachu would be a juggernaut by now.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    Worth noting in the preview it appears that Firefox uses a psychic attack.
    It's also worth noting that Vulpix and by extension Ninetails learns extrasensory (a psychic attack) by level, and it's just a fire pokemon.
    Would be cool to have a Fire/Psychic combo but we all know it's gonna be Fire/Fighting... again.

gotta control my instincts and pretend
    not to be a shitposter/homophobe

BG Level

Fennekin used Growl.
    Chespin used Aerial Ace.
    Froakie used Quick Attack.

Those are all widely-distributed moves that give no hint whatsoever on their secondary types.

But keep believing they're going to gain a Psychic/Dark/Fighting secondary type if that makes you feel better. Just remember to brace yourselves for disappointment.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Zhane View Post
    late reply but I went and watched the Paul DP league fights as well as Tobias. How can Pikachu solo Latios then not even three episodes later get demolished by a level ~1-5 Snivy... I mean c'mon. I get the point of restarting seasons for new games but really? Now I remember why I stopped watching. Has there been a statement as to why they do this? They have to know people watch season to season...
    Pikachu lost his Electric type move set (which might also have something to do with his reaction time or speed) none the less he still had iron tail energy ball and quick attack, Pikachu by far annoys me the most he is pretty piss poor tier Ash needs to let his friend stay with his mom so he can get on with his life, because that punk is weighing him down way to much in these past gen's, in 4th Gen ash was evolving his pokemon (yay) yet in this series that ends around july/august currently has pignite snivy and oshawatt, Ash needs to get his head out his ass and do some training

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

tl;dr read Pokemon Special if you want good plot and people actually dieing.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Tarage View Post
    tl;dr read Pokemon Special if you want good plot and people actually dieing.
    the normal pokemon adventures you have an arbok been sliced in two

It'd be nice to see the evolutions for these pokemon. I'm uncertain why nintendo always makes their newer water-types look so dang awkward. It probably means Froakie will have an awesome evolution though. Although I'm almost tempted not to make the purchase because Pokemon Z won't be too far behind. The Black & White games had a pretty fast turn around.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Pokemon don't really have "Levels" in the Anime. IDK how to really explain it outside of the idea each of them is like.. You can Kill a dude holding a gun and all you had was a rock, doesn't mean you'll beat the guy with the knife though, cause the knife can still take you out.

or something. If it was determined by levels, Pikachu would be a juggernaut by now.
    Add to that after around 15 years of episodes, multiple tournaments, having traveled over so many different regions and collected a ton of pokemon, Ash is still 10 years old and at the beginning of the BW region arcs reverted to being a total newbie who knew nothing about elemental types or battle strategy or etc, etc

IE: He's in a coma

Quote Originally Posted by Odin's Law
    none the less he still had iron tail, electro ball, thunderbolt and quick attack
    FTFY

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 216 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast