The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Gen 1 to 2 had a few minor type changes (poison beating bug, etc) but yeah that was the first type that had weaknesses messed with since then. While I agree Steel would be super fucking strong with another resistance and now a new super effective type, the ghost and dark change made Bronzong and Metagross near useless. And that sucks since I loved using Bronzong in Gen 4 and Metagross in Gen 5. I used one with like Agility/Meteor Mash/EQ/Zen Headbutt) with Air Balloon and it was so sweet.

Here's hoping Metagross gets a new ability or even a special ability just for it (like Parental Bond or Aerialwhatever).

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    Gen 1 to 2 had a few minor type changes (poison beating bug, etc) but yeah that was the first type that had weaknesses messed with since then. While I agree Steel would be super fucking strong with another resistance and now a new super effective type, the ghost and dark change made Bronzong and Metagross near useless. And that sucks since I loved using Bronzong in Gen 4 and Metagross in Gen 5. I used one with like Agility/Meteor Mash/EQ/Zen Headbutt) with Air Balloon and it was so sweet.

Here's hoping Metagross gets a new ability or even a special ability just for it (like Parental Bond or Aerialwhatever).
    That was such a good Metagross set.

I'm hoping honestly that it gets Filter for its Mega. Then pump it with DEF or SDEF pending on the role you want and ATK and call it a day.

Analytic would be potentially insane too. Throw in a bulky Metagross, force a switch, mega evo, and trash the predicted switch-in with whatever Mega Evo attack buffs you get plus Analytic's 30% bonus. Would have to look at it a little more in-depth but yeah.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Genosync View Post
    That was such a good Metagross set.
    You understand me, Geno. Ultimately what ability will be good comes down to stat distribution. Of course Game Freak might lose their god damn minds and give it some bullshit like Iron Fist.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

speculation on mega Metagross is Levitate ability so now it only has 3 weaknesses if true (the other is tough claws but thats workable to Bullet punch/MM/Zen headbutt then w/e for a 4th move)

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Speak of the devil

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

BP with tough claws and a band can one shot neutrals lolp

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

if ditto only breeds weren't so much of a pain i might consider this

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma View Post
    BP with tough claws and a band can one shot neutrals lolp
    Can't use band and Mega Stone.

BG's worst Rangers fan
    Fleury 2; Lundqvist 0
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Bad Karma
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Can't use band and Mega Stone.
    Forgot

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

So with this BestBuy deal going on right right, I was thinking about picking up Kirby and snagging a copy of Y. I already have BD and the other titles don't really interest me.

With the pokebank in effect now:

1. Would it be easier to trade for version exclusives from other people (legendaries, mega stones, etc)
    2. If not 1, if I already have a physical copy of X what would be needed to trade with myself? Just pokebank and swap carts?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ardreul Galawen
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Kirin View Post
    So with this BestBuy deal going on right right, I was thinking about picking up Kirby and snagging a copy of Y. I already have BD and the other titles don't really interest me.

With the pokebank in effect now:

1. Would it be easier to trade for version exclusives from other people (legendaries, mega stones, etc)
    2. If not 1, if I already have a physical copy of X what would be needed to trade with myself? Just pokebank and swap carts?
    I poke banked and swapped carts to move my x pokes to y.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't know if we have anyone into TPP here, but with the completion of Black 2 they're doing X next.

I don't know if we have anyone into TPP here, but with the completion of Black 2 they're doing X next.
    Ha, that should be a trip. Not sure how he's going to implement pressing the touch screen.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

It'll be done the same way it's been done since Plat.

It'll be done the same way it's been done since Plat.
    There's 3DS emulation out there already?

I'm behind I guess...

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Plat is on regular DS. You input touch screen by putting commands. 1,75 will hit the first attack on the bottom screen, etc.

There has been someone a while back who made an automated shiny catcher for XY. He used a script to chain fish and also walk around/run away from wild Pokemon until a shiny was found. This is the guy who managed to rig it to play Pokemon X for TPP. He did a test run of it a few weeks back and worked just fine.

Personally I'm waiting for all of our Pokemon to be wonder traded away.

Plat is on regular DS. You input touch screen by putting commands. 1,75 will hit the first attack on the bottom screen, etc.

There has been someone a while back who made an automated shiny catcher for XY. He used a script to chain fish and also walk around/run away from wild Pokemon until a shiny was found. This is the guy who managed to rig it to play Pokemon X for TPP. He did a test run of it a few weeks back and worked just fine.

Personally I'm waiting for all of our Pokemon to be wonder traded away.
    Yeah, knew about the DS setup. Was on a bit for Gen4/5.

Figured there'd be some kind of manual process for touchscreen press.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

More mega stones (not new ones mind you..):
    Starting August 13, you can get Heracross for your Pokémon X game or Pinsir for your Pokémon Y game. These Lv. 50 Pokémon are ready for battle with a variety of powerful moves.

Heracross and Pinsir don't come with any held items. But from August 18 until August 31, you can head to participating GameStop stores to get Mega Stones for the Pokémon to hold! When these Pokémon are holding the right Mega Stone, they will be able to Mega Evolve during battle, making them more powerful than ever before. Look for a flyer at GameStop that contains a serial code. When you enter the code into your game, you'll receive the matching Mega Stone: Heracronite in Pokémon X or Pinsirite in Pokémon Y.
    http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-ne...tough-pokemon/

Have to actually go into Gamestop.. boo

Pokémon: Pinsir
    Type: Bug
    Level: 50
    Ability: Hyper Cutter or Mold Breaker
    Held Item: None
    Nature: Adamant
    Moves:
    X-Scissor
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge
    Return
    Pokémon: Heracross
    Type: Bug/Fighting
    Level: 50
    Ability: Swarm or Guts
    Held Item: None
    Nature: Adamant
    Moves:
    Bullet Seed
    Pin Missile
    Close Combat
    Megahorn

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    More mega stones (not new ones mind you..):

http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-ne...tough-pokemon/

Have to actually go into Gamestop.. boo
    If its the same thing as the shiny gen 4 legendaries, then all you're doing is collecting a mystery gift via their local wireless. You can do what I did and just stand outside and grab it without ever going into the store.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Well, it's something at least. Right?