FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quest chains were grindy and droprates were pretty luck-based, meaning you had to spend a lot of time grinding on the way up if you wanted certain items. Plus, given the nature of having a level range per dungeon, there was a good chance you'd miss an item you want and be unable to go back and get it within a traditional xp party setting, which kind of sucked.

It was grindy, IMO. Perhaps not as grindy as a traditional Korean grinder, but it was grindy.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Old school ffxi isn't being repeated here; if you ran a leveling dungeon a few times and didn't get an item to max your char, you move the fuck on. You'll be given a non enig gold from a quest in 15 minutes anyways. You really should have leveled one char past 40's, before you went and burned yourself out repeating the noobie zones 7 times with alts. Just rode through the 48+ ones, showered with golds.

See also; my previous post mentioning drop increases, and rookie buff ( which whole party gets until every member has ten or more competitions of that dungeon, increases drop rates even, more among other things, works on 60 dungeons too).

Cool downs effectively removed from all 58 and lower dungeons also.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Well, those are certainly nice changes! I completely forgot about the dungeon cooldown. Wonder what that was all about?

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

For people who farmed them, I'd imagine; all non-60 dungeons now have only a ten minute cooldown.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zaela'saani Anahss
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Skywall

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice View Post
    For people who farmed them, I'd imagine; all non-60 dungeons now have only a ten minute cooldown.
    Oh really? Shit.. I did my rounds the other day on my Berserker because I got a clothie body from CR that I already had on my Mystic and sold it on the broker for like 200g. Grabbed a scroll for SM, CR, and NT. Had I known the cooldowns were gone.. I would have farmed them each a few times. I haven't made that much gold since I've been back, but the little I've played I've probably made close to 1k gold from lowbie armors between my Mystic getting no comp for cloth pieces that drop and the one run through of farms.

The new dungeon buffs are nice as well. Doesn't keep a crap warrior tank who doesn't know what "taunt" is from killing the group though. (Last boss in NT was myself(Mystic) and an Archer tanking until I got knocked down and mowed over.)

Old Merits
    BG Level

5th February is launch date for TERA EU F2P, according to the comparison chart there's no mount for veteran players =/

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

^In the post Knoxxer says EME will have some launch day logistics etc coming later today. Interested to see if they are going to open a couple new servers for the expected F2P influx.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Airewen Moonflower
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forum...=2#post-729443

"You are able to transfer between MT, CH, and TR (for a limited time) regardless of the PvE/PvP/RP type, and the server transfer cool down time for characters is 30 days."

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

http://tera-cdn1.enmasse-game.com/da...FTP_Header.jpg

Get ready for the new world! TERA: Rising, the next evolution of the award-winning action MMORPG, will be available for free throughout North America on February 5.

Thousands of players, old and new, are clamoring to be among the first to experience the all-new content, including a competitive dungeon, a player-versus-player arena, and two new high-level factions.

After a maintenance period scheduled from 12:01 a.m. PST February 4 to 7 a.m. February 5, you can log in and experience TERA in all its epic scope: all the dungeons, all the BAMs, and all the action you’ve come to expect from this groundbreaking MMO.

On February 5, players can choose from five servers:

• Mount Tyrannas (PvP)
    • Lake of Tears (PvP)— new!
    • Tempest Reach (PvE)
    • Ascension Valley (PvE)— new!
    • Celestial Hills (PvE roleplay)

Lake of Tears and Ascension Valley will be on their own matching system for dungeons and battlegrounds. Character transfers (free for a limited time) will be available among Mount Tyrannas, Tempest Reach, and Celestial Hills. Characters can transfer once every 30 days.

To handle the influx of new TERA gamers, we’re establishing some chat channel restrictions. Area chat is available for characters level 5 and up, trade and LFG chats are level 12 and up, and global chat is level 20 and up. We’re limiting chat rates as well to handle all the traffic.

Finally, TERA’s community suggested that we give TERA’s founders—those who’ve already played the game—priority queueing if there’s a wait to get into the game. We agree! If you’re a founder, head toward the front of the line (just step over the velvet rope!).

See our launch date announcement trailer.
    http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forum...ruary-5?page=1

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

HAHahaha! EME did make a PvP server called Lake of Tears.

Also "Founders" getting priority queueing is nice imo.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Worth buying and trying out by chance ?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Guyverarmor View Post
    Worth buying and trying out by chance ?
    I think the combat alone is definitely worth trying the game out (unless the game is still full price, but I just can't imagine it is at this point).

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Rulke View Post

Also "Founders" getting priority queueing is nice imo.
    Thank god for this. MT is going to hell on earth for low lvls during F2P launch.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    I think the combat alone is definitely worth trying the game out (unless the game is still full price, but I just can't imagine it is at this point).
    Yeah, it's not. Shows 19.99 on their website digital edition with some start items.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shanoa Varhara
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Guess all the people that only rolled PvP cause of BG finally have a way out. I'm staying on MT personally. More drama and random lulz.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Guyverarmor View Post
    Yeah, it's not. Shows 19.99 on their website digital edition with some start items.
    If you buy a boxed copy (only boxed) you get better loot by entering the activation code backwards into the code window.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Done, bought a boxed copy, and entered it backwards as well, Tawny Mount, plus some other stuff. Nice !

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I don't know how to feel about transfers between MT and TR; economies are probably going to get even more screwy, not to mention how do they plan to deal with the Outlaw skill on the PvE servers for people transferring in from PvP? I remember that being their big reason for not allowing transfers between the two initially.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast