+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Neverwinter     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Oh I understand, It just doesn't bother me as much as all the races are pretty much human variations =/. You are correct indeed though, there has been lots of bitching about it in the official forums. Since the game is free to play not buy to play, They can lock content as they see fit. GW2 was buy to play, which is a bit different, in that you have to spend money to play no matter what, locking out content would be a big no no. Its just a race, everyone has the same story and starting point, so its definitely not that big of a deal compared to say if GW2 did it.

The same can be said for games with DLC no? What if they add new races that you need to purchase in the game store? I guess we will see lol

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It'll come down to what benefits the super-drow race has over the regular drow-race, as they've explicitly stated that the super-drow race will have a different racial trait and ability than the regular drow.

Also I already stated that I would be fine if they put it in the game store, because at least then I would have the OPTION to get it without spending $200, but it looks like they're not going to as they've said multiple times in the Q/A threads I've read that the race is staying exclusively in that founder's pack, and they might take THAT away.

Part of my problem comes from the fact that the option to get that race might disappear completely. Which is a big no-no for me in terms of game development. Content in games should never just fucking cease to exist.

Yoshi needs to take note with all that content that's gonna disappear in ARR (Gobbue mount ; ; ), Its basically the same thing people are complaining about with legacy players lol.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Takiwaki View Post
    Yoshi needs to take note with all that content that's gonna disappear in ARR (Gobbue mount ; ; ), Its basically the same thing people are complaining about with legacy players lol.
    Sounds kinda like what happened with Star Wars Galaxies, are they going to let the older players keep all their shit from the previous version to display and remind everybody of the "days of old" (and in SWG's case, better days)?

Thinking back on SWG, I can only imagine the constant slap in the face reminder of how good the game used to be lol. I joined post-CU and NGE so I remember looking at all that cool shit and thinking "Wow, that's cool, how do I get that stuff?" and then being told I couldn't.

$200 for a OP as fuck race(I bet it's OP as hell and game breaking) that you literally can't ever get again unless you >>PAY $200 NOW!<< making it so people want to spend $200, is complete bullshit. Trying this game when it comes out, but $200 is hilarious...I could understand $60-80 or something(Basically a CE or buying a real game)..but $200? You're insane NW devs.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Let's try to keep the discussion reasonable.

I doubt it's going to be a matter of the racial traits/abilities being better or worse (unless the devs are incredibly stupid). It becomes about options. Maybe the super-drow racial stuff fits better for the class/character I want to play than the regular drow racial stuff. I shouldn't simply not have the option to choose the race that fits the class/character I want to play best. Whether that be because it costs an absurd amount of money or that the content is no longer available.

It's just kind of a dick move. But we can't say much more about it until they release the racial shit for the regular drow race and we can compare it.

For all we know it COULD end up all being flavor shit, like the super-drow race has better animations for it's shit and is instantly distinguishable from regular drow. Which you know what, that's fine I guess.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    $200 for a OP as fuck race(I bet it's OP as hell and game breaking) that you literally can't ever get again unless you >>PAY $200 NOW!<< making it so people want to spend $200, is complete bullshit. Trying this game when it comes out, but $200 is hilarious...I could understand $60-80 or something(Basically a CE or buying a real game)..but $200? You're insane NW devs.
    Do you have any evidence that the race is OP? From everything I have read, they just have a different racial, and visual tattoos. There is more to that package than just the race. There is a mount, in-game cash (a lot of it), a ton of items and early access. Is it worth $200? I don't know, but it's not just for the race.

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Am I reading correctly that $200 also gets you 2mil diamonds (in-game money) ?

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Oh btw Taki, after I got off I figured out why your argument for this essentially being DLC doesn't work.

For one, 99% of the time you've played the game you're buying DLC long enough to decide to that it'll be worth it. Also DLC doesn't just disappear after the game comes out (which based on things they've said, is going to happen in this instance). Pre-order bonuses do but the price difference is so big that you really can't liken it to Pre-order bonuses either.

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amiricle Mihgo
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

How much would 2 mil in-game currency by itself cost anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Amiricle View Post
    How much would 2 mil in-game currency by itself cost anyway?
    The issue is that there is no set exchange rate of zen to diamonds as its all player driven.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

From what I've read, and you should probably take this with a grain of salt, the difference in the racial ability is a self buff versus a debuff. The super drow gets faerie fire which should be a self attack/damage buff and the normal drow will get an attack/damage debuff.

It's really nothing game-breaking, although it sucks people had to drop $200 just to find this out. This money-making tactic doesn't surprise me though since Perfect World can be pretty bad when it comes to money sucking tactics.

Also you can't really blame the devs themselves for the price-point for the game, since Perfect World oversees all the cash shop stuff.

I'm just hoping that they don't have a lot of gambling orbs you have to buy from the CS to get a lot of the cosmetic items and mounts. Since it was developed by a western studio the game might end up dodging a lot of that but I guess we'll see.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I really do like this game. But somehow the release and beta-phases were confusing me a lot (also the Vip stastus).

I am thoroughly enjoying the hell out of this, playing cleric atm. fun fun

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I didn't know it was free when I tried it the first time lol may get around to trying this again. Open beta begins tomorrow? And will characters transfer to the full game?

Yes and yes

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Might play it as a time killer while waiting for other things

Can this game be played with a controller?

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

They said no official support but they aren't against it because in the Q/A they said to look on the forums as people have figured out how to.

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Download speeds are horrid for me(everyone) on the official torret and direct dl

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast