+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Correction View Post
    Neither her outfit nor her face look much like the film. She's slimmer than buff Motoko from SAC and that's about the only way she gets closer to her design in the film. She's not even wearing gloves.
    Agreed, it's a pretty loose adaptation of her movie appearance, but she looks nothing like her SAC version either (except her first prosthetic body as a child). But that latter comparison is also at issue with the style differences too. That lack of physique also kind of lends to the idea she's not quite an adult; unless this is just the artistic style they're going with and we're just completely fooled into thinking that she isn't a grown woman. She never had blue eyes at any time in the SAC continuity, from what I recall.. so I guess maybe this is a new continuity or whatever.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...med-in-english

Ghost in the Shell Arise Event to Be Streamed in English
    Bandai Visual announced on Friday that it will provide simultaneous worldwide streaming for the project launch event of Ghost in the Shell Arise, the newest series in the Ghost in the Shell anime franchise. The company later confirmed with ANN that English interpreters will be present at the event, so the streaming will be available with English audio. The launch event, which was previously announced on the official Ghost in the Shell Arise website, will begin in Tokyo at 9:00 p.m. (7:00 a.m. EST) on February 12.

The 60-minute event will include announcements, the opening animation, and a promotional video. Staff guests will include chief director and character designer Kazuchika Kise, series composition and scriptwriter Tow Ubukata, and Production I.G co-founder Mitsuhisa Ishikawa. Special guests will include Satoshi Endō from Kadokawa ASCII Research Laboratories Inc. and Takeshi Natsuno, professor at Keio University's Graduate School of Media and Governance

To promote the event, Bandai Visual is currently offering free, English subtitled episodes of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex on its official YouTube Channel until February 20. Due to licensing issues, these episodes are not available in the United States and several other countries. (No countries will be blocked from the live stream of the Ghost in the Shell Arise event.)

A second Ghost in the Shell Arise launch event will be held in Taiwan on February 14 as part of the Taipei International Comic and Anime Festival, and will feature guests from Japan.

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Hey after this many years, I'm happy to be getting something new. That happiness is contingent on this series not being horrible, however.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Conference will be streamed here tomorrow/tonight http://www.youtube.com/user/GITSchannel/featured

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Decent Promo but not impressive with the amount of CG(it an OVA Series and not TV Series).

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...tails-outlined

The staff of the Ghost in the Shell Arise anime announced the details of its project on Tuesday. The project will consist of four 50-minute parts.

The first part, "Ghost Pain," will run in Japanese theaters for two weeks starting on Saturday, June 22. There will be advance Blu-ray Disc copies with a bundled scenario book available at participating theaters for 8,000 yen (about US$85). There will also be paid streaming of the project, at least in Japan. The general retail release of the first part's Blu-ray Disc and DVD will be on July 26.

Series composition and scriptwriter Tow Ubukata confirmed during the broadcast that the show will be a prequel series featuring Motoko when she was younger.

The staff also announced the show's cast:

Maaya Sakamoto as Mokoto Kusanagi
    Kenichirou Matsuda as Batou
    Tarusuke Shingaki as Togusa
    Tomoyuki Dan as Ishikawa
    Takurou Nakakuni as Saito
    Youji Ueda as Paz
    Kazuya Nakai as Borma
    Ikkyuu Juku as Daisuke Aramaki

At the beginning of her voice-acting career, Sakamoto provided the voice of the pivotal little girl who speaks the very last line in the first Ghost in the Shell film.

The text in the trailer is as follows:

The year 2027
    Her name is Motoko Kusanagi.
    Attached to the 501st Army Secret Unit.
    Heavily Cyborg
    Ego
    Memories
    Hope for the Future

What proves my existence?
    It all begins here.

A manga adaptation, Ghost in the Shell Arise Sleepless Eye (Nemuranai Me no Otoko), will debut in the April issue of Kodansha's Monthly Young Magazine on March 13. Newcomer Takumi Ōyama will draw the series, and Jun'ichi Fujisaku will write the story. Fujisaku previously worked on the screenplay for both seasons of Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. Fujisaku also worked on the screenplay for Blood+, Otogi Zoshi, Appleseed XIII, and Real Drive.

During the hour-long presentation, Production I.G co-founder Mitsuhisa Ishikawa, Satoshi Endō from Kadokawa ASCII Research Laboratories Inc., and Takeshi Natsuno, professor at Keio University's Graduate School of Media and Governance, spoke about the science and technology of the Ghost in the Shell franchise, and discussed how today's technology is not too far off from the technology featured in the series.

Update: Added additional information from presentation and embedded official video.

Update 2:The official website also updated with more staff announcements.

Mechanical Design: Takayuki Yanase
    3DCGI: Orange
    3DCG Director: Eiji Inomoto
    Art: Bamboo
    Art Director: Yusuke Takeda, Takaaki Mashiki
    Art Setting: Hiroshi Kato (Totonyan)
    Prop Art Setting: Naoki Arakawa
    Photography Director: Kouji Tanaka
    Sound Director: Yoshikazu Iwanami
    Editing: Junichi Uematsu

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

▲▲

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pikarya Saisei
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Don't know if want.

The Tower
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Stromgarde Siren
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Saito looks like he lost a bet. He even shaved one of his eyebrows.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Gonna have to go with Larry David on this one.

Spoiler: show

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

NOPE

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Red Tachikoma -- I wonder if it'll be faster??

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Three times faster!

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

8 minutes of Aries(with English subs)

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Ghost in the Shell: Arise

The first ep is out, not sure where I stand on it yet but it definitely gave me more of a feeling of the original film than either the sequel or sac.

There are 4 OVAs , ~60mins each.

A rough plot outline of this series - a prequel to the original GITS detailing the units backstory and how it was formed in the first place

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I've only saw a few episodes of GitS on Adult Swim about 10 years ago, and I never watched any of the shows/movies. Is it okay to start off with this, or would you recommend watching what's been released first, then coming to this new OVA series?

2600klub

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by xElipsis View Post
    I've only saw a few episodes of GitS on Adult Swim about 10 years ago, and I never watched any of the shows/movies. Is it okay to start off with this, or would you recommend watching what's been released first, then coming to this new OVA series?
    Ghost In the Shell + Ghost in the shell Innocence are the Film + Film Sequel.

Ghost in the shell: Stand Alone Complex + 2nd season are set in a "fresh" version of the universe and the film Solid State Society takes place in that universe after the end of the second season as a wrap up.

Laughing Man and Individual 11 are movie recuts of the GITS:SAC series ( ie, if you've watched the series don't both watching them - they are just shortened cuts of the seasons into films ).

tldr: You can happily watch the OVA and you won't be missing anything, but the movies and series are popular because they are pretty good and worth a watch. I'd start with the movies first.