+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

But really for 4 dollars the game is really fun, are 20 unlockable job classes not enough? There's also 90 or so enemies, 30+ songs, collectables, and a ton of amusing text.
    Oh, I wish more customers would be like you.

On a more serious note: are Secret Characters stronger than the standard jobs?... I mean, clearly stronger?
    If they are not, and they're more of a cosmetic/collectible feature, then it'd be fair to make them so expensive.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely View Post
    Wait you mean i'm not getting a fully fleshed out 40 hour final fantasy game for 4 dollars? The game also gives me the option to buy hour glasses 2 ez mode the game instead of grinding like every other rpg? OMG DON'T BUY IT GUYS OR YOU ENTITLED GAMERS WILL GET AIDS.

I disagree with the gachapon styled character releases which SE needs to stop since they are starting to make a habbit of bad pricing models for character DLC.

But really for 4 dollars the game is really fun, are 20 unlockable job classes not enough? There's also 90 or so enemies, 30+ songs, collectables, and a ton of amusing text.

And dat iPad resolution.
    And that is exactly why Square continues to pump out the garbage it does. People like you eat it up regardless. This is not okay.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    And that is exactly why Square continues to pump out the garbage it does. People like you eat it up regardless. This is not okay.
    Thank you for stating it.

Final Fantasy All the Bravest [IOS]

Money grab antics aside, this is actually a pretty fun and addicting game. I don't regret the $4 price tag at all.

Not going to buy any DLC regardless.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

The 4$ is fine because it's worth 4$

Problem is all the DLC

Exemple if it was the full game + DLC for like 10$ I wouldnt have any problems

It's a stupid, silly game and I enjoy every minute of it.

Should've been called Final Fantasy: Nostalgia bomb for when you take a shit.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Re: Final Fantasy All the Bravest [IOS]

Worst DLC system ever implemented, but like people are saying, the base game itself is entertaining.

It reminds me of those FF5 jobs playing in Dynamis... Complete chaos

Btw, isn't Onion Knight a bit overpowered? lol multi hit 9999 damage...

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tomino View Post
    Oh, I wish more customers would be like you.

On a more serious note: are Secret Characters stronger than the standard jobs?... I mean, clearly stronger?
    If they are not, and they're more of a cosmetic/collectible feature, then it'd be fair to make them so expensive.
    in a sense they're kinda stronger. its different to say for certain because everyone has different attack speed and animation. they also give you access to certain types of attacks earlier in the game than others..
    As an example, the only job classes that can AoE is Summoner and Sage and they both come very late.. at like lv60+, but you'll open up that option with a number of characters like Ashe or Eiko. Attack rating varies according to the gear you collect. certain characters can equip more gear than others.. so (assuming gear does what it says), certain characters will be able to have their attacks boosted more than others.
    Aerith is the only one who does anything unique in game.. her "attack" is to recover another members ATB to full.

There can be some strategy involved in the way you sent characters to attack depending on the way the enemy attacks you. some have line pattern whilst others have aoe-styled attacks so keeping active members in battle spaced out helps you stay alive longer. and as a general rules its better to deploy them all asap because they are kinda invulnerable then. You can effectively evade enemy attacks by timing when you deploy characters...
    and this is why Onion Knight can be pretty overpowering. if it can manage like a 12-16hit attack, its ATB for its next turn is pretty much done and you can immediately deploy it again.. keeping it out of harms way. the number of hits is luck based tho.

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    It reminds me of those FF5 jobs playing in Dynamis... Complete chaos

Btw, isn't Onion Knight a bit overpowered? lol multi hit 9999 damage...
    I was commenting that to a friend.. they shd have like a FFXI DLC which features Shadow/Dynamis Lord.. because when you're near full party (40) thats exactly what it looks like.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Someone pirate the dlc already

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely View Post
    OMG DON'T BUY IT GUYS OR YOU ENTITLED GAMERS WILL GET AIDS.
    There are lots of games with in-app purchases that do not cost four dollars for the base experience. Some of them are even free. Amongst these are games which are not only free, but the in-app purchases are completely optional. The entire game and all its content can be played for free because the in-game shop accepts both real money and currency you earn via play, meaning the choice is between spending money and spending time. So what you have here is a spectrum of games for mobile devices, some which are shoddy cash grabs designed to suck your money out, and some which are much friendlier to consumers and do not put 'content' (in this case sprites) behind a paywall with no opportunity to unlock via other methods.

This game is on the wrong end of this particular spectrum.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Aside from the price tag for the full package, this is a cool concept that looks stupidly fun.

it is really fun... but the regular non-DLC game is quite short.

Everybody's Favourite Nobody
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I can think of worse ways to spend $4. I mean, the $4 for the game itself is, on some level, not such a bad buy, though I wouldn't do it. Some of the posters seem to quite enjoy it, so I can see people buying it.

But the extra levels added in brings the game to what, $13? This makes it pretty bad. I mean, I got Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage for $9 new and I got like 50 hours of solid fun out of that game.

And all the DLC for $47? Surely you can't spend all that money and feel like you got your money's worth. It's just a bad buy if you put it all together.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Its kind of sad what this company has become. Oh well

gotta control my instincts and pretend
    not to be a shitposter/homophobe

BG Level

The idea behind the game is interesting, it's the execution that is astonishingly insulting, even for casual gamers with down syndrome.

Heck, are casuals even going to bother with it? Only oldschool FF fans are going to be tempted to buy this "game", so why not put some effort in ... something like minimal customization or the ability to actually select your target.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

i have to agree on the bit about the base game. its pretty short and pretty easy..
    the DLC really is there to push you further. you're not likely able to clear bosses in the DLC within 1 full party wave, even with fever on at lv99.. tho i guess you might come pretty close.

that said.. if you don't grind and don't buy hourglasses, it might take you a few days to clear the base story by waiting for your whole party to regen before attacking again

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I remember those good ol days that anything Squaresoft made was gold

gotta control my instincts and pretend
    not to be a shitposter/homophobe

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    I remember those good ol days that anything Squaresoft made was gold
    Don't kid yourself, there were always low-profile Square titles. With the difference that instead of getting negative criticism, people didn't even know they existed.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Low profile =/= bad.