+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

In your survey, being well adjusted... for the most part. I think my answers would have been different about 7 years ago, when I spent most of my free time playing FFXI. Since my life was school, homework, and FFXI, it was pretty much my entire social circle.

I've kind of casted a fairly wide net concerning whom I've sampled for the study. There are about 1,530 participants and I think 883 that are viable at the end of all the pruning and cutting. Those players span across all games. Naturally one data set doesn't have to equal one paper. That is an idea that can be explored in latter papers - it would just require a lot of personal grooming of results for players. The other thing that becomes a concern is game crossover. Most players won't play FFXI or WoW exclusively and may actually play both so it becomes a bit of a technical conundrum in that sense. However that is a really fascinating idea and it would be neat to see what the differences between samples are.

All the same thank you very much for taking time out to complete the survey scaevola! I really do appreciate it! :]

That would certainly make for an interesting difference. However, I think that that being a situational kind of hold up says a lot of things. Also that it was the case and isn't currently. I think as far as the study is concerned from the sounds of it the outcome and predictor constructs may have remained similar, however, the moderating variables may have differed slightly. Still, I think the juxtaposition would be very neat to see. It's a shame this thing isn't longitudinal.

Also thank you for taking the survey and taking some time out to leave a little feedback Shade! I really do appreciate it bud. :]

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

When do we get to read your report?