+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aevis View Post
    Yeah, some ghetto match-ups will occur but it will reflect the current strength of each server faster. Servers who hadn't many transfers do "suffer" a bit now, but at least the EU ladder has been heavily skewed the past 3-4 weeks due to transfers.
    EU ladder will now look like:
    1st. Vizunah 2nd. no one cares because all the night coverage is on VS.

Maybe they'll catch on and develop a WvW system that wont require you to have 75% of your server's population outside of your timezone. But most unlikely.

wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

mike ferguson gives some more details about the reset and the reasons behind: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...-Reset/1317477

Here’s why we think this is a good thing.

As Habib alluded to in his post, we are also revising the math behind the ratings formula. Habib will be explaining the math in a later post, but for now, I can give everyone a glimpse into why we are updating the rating formula and resetting the ratings.

Over the last couple of months we’ve seen that when worlds experience dramatic changes in their ability to field a consistent fighting force for whatever reason, it can take quite a while for them to work their way through the ratings until they end up in a match that suits them better. In a lot of cases, some worlds took multiple matches to work their way through a single tier even after a series of blowouts. We really dont like that, so one of the goals for updating the math behind the ratings is to try and reduce how often we experience the repeated blowouts that can come from that sort of situation and get those teams through the rankings quicker.

We also expect that the large population changes that impacted a number of worlds and helped create a number of those type of blowouts should be much less common now that we are well past the launch period and free transfers are no longer available.

So, not only does world choice have quite a bit more meaning now that paid transfers are online, we also want to adjust how the ratings are calculated. If we redo the calculations involved with the ratings, then it’s much better to just reset the ratings and let the new formula do it’s thing instead of trying to carry the old data over from the old system and have those numbers pollute the new ratings.

In essence this gives every world a chance to start fresh now that everyone is on their ‘real’ team and will help protect against worlds in a state of flux being involved in consecutive blowouts for weeks on end in the future. For us, that means it is actually the perfect time to update the rating system and address some of the issues we’ve noticed with it since launch then reset the ratings.

If it helps, think of the last few months as the preseason games that determined the initial seedings for the season opener (to use a really generic sports metaphor that is in no way indicative of future plans).

Finally, matches are going to remain a week long. We feel that the 24 hour matches are not representative of what we consider ‘standard’ gameplay, and actually create a lot of incorrect data in the system because people play the game much differently when it’s a 24 hour match compared to a 7 day one.

I know many of you are concerned about what all this means and it might seem scary from the outside, but from our perspective this really is a great time to reset the ratings and improve how the math behind all of this works so we can benefit from more competitive matches in the future.

Hopefully this helps some of you feel a little better about why we’re doing this. We really think this is going to be better for the game in the long run, even if it may be a bit bumpy until we have a couple matches completed post-reset.

WvW update cliffnotes:

if you like WvW then don't bother updating until march and go fuck yourself if you can't log into any borderland and population cap what population cap it's still the same there are 120 invisible players around you.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Play on the gimp servers. Feels good man.

We saw a queue with ~70 people on home BL on reset night, I'd have to drop sub T-5 to beat that probably. The good news is that JQ can't throw bodies at the problem and pubstomp everyone, but this change with the fact that culling is exponentially worse is just kind of shitty.

BG Level

Mag only had 10 minute queues on reset, T3/4 server. Mind you we spent all last week trolling the fairweathers so they'd jump ship while they still could.

Culling is definitely worse atm though.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Also have to take into account how serious SoS gets about reset night, you best be ready for that shit because we all goin in. Afaik we haven't really had queues since saturday, mostly just hear the 2 more populated servers complaining about it (SoR and JQ).

BG Level

Kain was bitching all weekend as well. They were queued 24/7 for the entirety of the weekend.

It would be fun to wipe Warmachine again.

BG Level

First time I ever fought them. I'm convinced those dudes are multiboxing or something. They run around not killing people. They'll let you simply get up from downed state. They also don't turn around, only running forwards. If you take 10 people and flank them, they'll continue to run in the opposite direction and you can just hammer them with impunity. It's fucked up.

Kain keep saying it's just coordination, but there's nothing coordinated about letting a group of people run behind you and kill you without doing anything about it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Haven't had a chance to wvW much since the update.. But I take it culling is absolute shit?

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Is there a way to view your queue? All I know is waiting to get into my borderland for the JP is getting real annoying. It shouldn't take over a damn hour to get in and get out with my tokens and easy dailies.

BG Level

Yes on culling.
    I don't think there's a way to view the queue.

What I do is continually swap queues from the enemy home borderlands. I think the queue system is fucked up and sometimes let's people newly queued in first, because this shit always seems to get me in np.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

unless they changed the que, its completely random in whose que pops first. Ive had friends que waaay after me and get in. It's happened more than enough times to be just coincidence

Not what we're talking about.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I haven't even seen a queue since the first week of launch. Feels good man.

You know the more you look for it the more BG seems like any games official forums. This place really is terrible outside of one sub forum.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

I have noticed if you are already in wvw you will get threw ques faster. So jump into any borderlands you can then que up for the one you want.

It's about time Churchill got banned :D

BG Level

If it was up to me I'd ban all you fuckers.

wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

WvW Reset got revoked. Mostly due to all the complaining on the forums: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru...-Reset/1313585

Not that happy as it means another week in T1 with VS, but it's still better than the former upcoming T8 match against Baruch and Underworld. A funny side effect is, that SFR who stopped playing after the announcement last week to succesfully drop into T2, are now loosing more points in T2 than we do in T1. I assume they are not the only server who's last week strategy backfires now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast