Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
    Maganda

Player Warning: Duta [Asura]

I'm not much for drama, but I feel these player warning threads are a good tool to help serious/mature players avoid those with cruel intentions.

Player on Asura "Duta", MPK'd me and stole the NM I was fighting at the time. I sent a tell asking why he would do this and the only response he would ever give is "That's too bad" in Auto-translator. Please avoid this person if you can.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

Curious, what NM?

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

MPK'd you with what?

Maganda

I was soloing Deelgeed. Had him down to 5% or less, when Duta brought the other bugards to me and warped out. They all linked and killed me before I could get away. He was dual-boxing I guess, because he came straight back and fought with the other character that claimed...forgot the other character's name...started with an A though. I suppose he was in a big hurry to farm Azdaja. I learned my lesson and I guess I should have pulled it further away but I figured I was safe enough where I was at the time. Didn't think someone would do that.

I GM'ed him but I doubt they will do anything about it.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Welcome to Abyssea, enjoy your stay.
    Spoiler: show
    Don't go to Dynamis if you can't stand abusive folks.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Given my experience with Asura and its awfulness, this made me curious, so I decided I'd look them up on FFXIAH.

For starters, they've sold an Abyssea - Grauberg item recently, which does reveal that they've likely been in that area. Secondly, they bought a Blithe Mantle, and that indicates terribleness.

I consider this warning noteworthy, as the player who dragged the mobs toward them was clearly a failure who envied their soloing success.

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

The bugards surrounding Deelgeed's spawn area do not link with him, if you were able to see who was killed by the bugards then you would have had enough time to move away from their aggro radius, 10 yalms. To me it sounds like you brought your own death at hand by being too stubborn to move from the sea of bugards that had surrounded you.

Maganda

Well, I don't know if they link with the NM or not, but they certainly agro by sight, and they certainly killed me...and Duta certainly brought them to me. Still, I didn't think people would be that idiotic to MPK someone to claim a 15 min respawn mob....maybe he thought I was soloing too slow, or pissed that I kept beating him to claim.

At any rate, what he did was wrong and he should be punished for it. If a GM won't punish him, then at least everyone here knows he's not a reliable player.

edit: type-o

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

This thread is terrible and not deserving of a player warning. They aggro sound for one, and I personally think it was idiotic of you for not being aware of your surroundings. If you were in range to aggro monsters that he pulled near you, you were in range to aggro monsters that could have just wandered or popped near you. Guy may be an idiot, but you are no less of an idiot for making this thread.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Wow and hear i was ws hoping for some real drama, well now i don't have to find my popcorn gif.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmagi View Post
    This thread is terrible and not deserving of a player warning. They aggro sound for one, and I personally think it was idiotic of you for not being aware of your surroundings. If you were in range to aggro monsters that he pulled near you, you were in range to aggro monsters that could have just wandered or popped near you. Guy may be an idiot, but you are no less of an idiot for making this thread.
    You seem to quickly forget that the aggressor bought a Blithe Mantle. Deliberately. That is sin.

Anyway, I think we're done here.