BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

About 50 hours in.

This may be the best game I've ever played. Doesn't help when I waste ridiculous amounts of time just stopping and looking at the horizon like "fuck me that looks awesome"

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

I'm suffering from the same issue I've suffered from the past few years. Guess it's old age. I'll start a game like this and think "OMFG This game is amazing!" And I just.....stop playing it after 20 hours or so. Haven't touched this in two weeks. Same way with Dragon Age III. I have to be near the end of that game but I haven't touched it in months.

Fuck It, I'm Goin Deep Fan Club President
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

I did the same with DA3. Got bored of it or something

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Happened to me with DA3 but I did eventually finish it. Doesn't happen to me in Witcher because all the content has some depth to it. DA3 had huge maps that felt empty and had fetch quests I would just pick up from random items. In this game everything has dialogue and a story that is unique to its own side quest, always keeps it fresh for me.

Currently around 110 hours in.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I stopped playing because the combat is super boring.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

You're krazy.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ardreul Galawen
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    You're krazy.
    I see what you did there....

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'm nearing the end of the game, and running around, picking up a bunch of ?'s I missed here and there in Velen. I've run into an odd problem in that I'm basically buying most of the vendors out of cash, and the convenient ones don't replenish quickly enough to keep up with my inventory dumps.

I know that I could just quit collecting stuff, because there's no way I'll ever need 30,000 crowns, but it's the principle of the thing.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I've had that issue for a while. I just did the 9999 inventory mod and never looked back. Don't need any extra money now so fuck it.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

113 hours later. Just started the final 2 main quests of the game. I know this game was amazing because I'm pretty bummed about it being almost over. I had hoped to stretch it to the end of the free DLC giveaways but theres still 3 left. Hope one of them ends up being NG+.

At least theres still 30+ hours of expansion packs coming in Oct and early 2016.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

115 hours in, finally beat the game. That is about as perfect a game as I have ever played. It had the openness of Skyrim while still having a plot and characters you cared about. And actual combat that was fun.

I got the "best" of the 3 main endings I guess, without even knowing how to do so. I love that the game made the choices you made that led to it ambiguous. It made the ending feel more natural.

I want to start a replay again so I can romance Triss this time but I am gonna hold off until all 16 of the free DLCs are out. Who knows, they might add in NG+.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Thats exactly what im doing and before HW came out it was kinda hard not to just plow right back into it lol, i did try to go back to 1 and do a full run for all of them but its painful trying to do so after playing 3

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah I did one run of Witcher 1 but its just not developed enough to ever play again. Even Witcher 2 seems not very advanced compared to 3.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Very much so and its kinda dishearting cause storywise its still pretty damn good in both of them but still they really did knock it out the park with 3, can't wait to see what they come out with next whether it be set still in the Witcher universe(Ciri game please!!) or a totally new IP, either way it should be excellent.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I'm extremely excited for Cyberpunk2077 tbh.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Same. After this I would probably buy any game CD projekt Red makes.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Finished the story Thursday night, finished the last pre-DLC trophy I'm going to bother with last night. Been playing it regularly since the game came out, no idea how many hours I spent since the in game clock doesn't work, but it's a lot. Overall, very happy with the game, and I purchased the season pass only a few days in. A few annoying issues (most notably the diving/swimming controls and the long load times after death or region shifting), plus 3 or 4 crashes. Playing on PS4 makes navigating the inventory menus slow, but that's the price you pay for console gaming, so I can deal with that. All in all, great game, highly recommended.

After completing all the quests I could find (minus a few Witcher gear quests), I found myself about 200 XP shy of level 35, which gives one the Munchkin trophy. Low level mobs were hard to find, and unexplored ? in Skellige were way too far apart. So I found myself in the Passiflora, spending 40 gold repeatedly, and skipping a bunch of cut scenes to get 4 XP / sex session. I quite literally whored my way to level 35.

Special at 11:30 or w/e

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kalmado Espiritu
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    Blog Entries

So I'm finally trying to play this and am struggling a little using keyboard and mouse (I'm very fresh to it in general). Tried my ps4 and 360 wired controller and neither worked. After googling and fiddling I found out if I use the Steam shortcut (I have the GoG version) the controller won't work. If I use the direct .exe link, controllers work. How weird.

Anyone have any opinions they would like to throw around regarding their preference in controls?

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Controller all the way, specifically PS4 controller spoofed as a 360 pad with DS4Windows.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Instead of the weekly free DLC there's a big patch incoming instead.
    A new, alternative (optional) movement response mode for Geralt.
    A player stash for storing items, available in various locations throughout the game. Stash locations are marked on the player's map.
    Crafting and alchemy components no longer add to the overall inventory weight.
    Books are now placed in a dedicated tab in the Inventory and books that have already been read are properly grayed out.
    Multiple sorting options are now available in the Inventory.
    Alchemy formulas and crafting diagrams can be "pinned", meaning all components and ingredients required to make them will be conveniently marked in the Shop panel.
    Dozens of fixes for quest related issues, both major and minor.
    A few performance enhancements, including the optimization of FX, scenes and general gameplay.
    Various improvements to horse behavior.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag