Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Decided to suck it up and play through 1 before starting 2 since I bought the enhanced edition of both on steam during the winter sale. Does 2 get a really big graphics update from 1? Everyone says 2 is beautiful but so far 1 is okay..ish.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Yes, 2 running on a high end machine is probably the best looking game on PC IMO. Until 3 comes out anyway.

One is bearable enough. It was their first attempt at a game. While there is some sloppy writing at some points (near the end moreso) it's still a fun game. The combat is also a bit dull until you unlock some of the other styles, but even then it's meh. 2 on the other hand is fantastic on every level. Baldur's Gate 2/ToB was my favorite PC game forever. Witcher 2 topped that.

To clarify, Witcher 1 was a heavily modded engine from Neverwinter Nights. It's pretty damn impressive what they did with it actually.

For 2, they built their own engine, Red Engine, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Decided to suck it up and play through 1 before starting 2 since I bought the enhanced edition of both on steam during the winter sale. Does 2 get a really big graphics update from 1? Everyone says 2 is beautiful but so far 1 is okay..ish.
    2 wins because opening has a sex scene

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

CDPR really is among the best developers out there, if not the best imo. The fact that they're splitting UIs and actually thinking about both PC and Console gamers and realizing that they can't just stick it on another platform and call it good is just further evidence of this.

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    Yes, 2 running on a high end machine is probably the best looking game on PC IMO. Until 3 comes out anyway.
    When the game came out I started playing on the computer I made two years ago and the game looked gorgeous and played well on High. One month ago I spent $2600 on a new computer and couldn't wait to see this beauty on ultra, was so psyched. Started up the game and I can't play anything over the lowest setting or else I get like 10FPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    CDPR really is among the best developers out there, if not the best imo. The fact that they're splitting UIs and actually thinking about both PC and Console gamers and realizing that they can't just stick it on another platform and call it good is just further evidence of this.
    and the fact that they supported the witcher 2 for months after it came out and gave us some significant patches and additions for free

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Null View Post
    When the game came out I started playing on the computer I made two years ago and the game looked gorgeous and played well on High. One month ago I spent $2600 on a new computer and couldn't wait to see this beauty on ultra, was so psyched. Started up the game and I can't play anything over the lowest setting or else I get like 10FPS.
    @_@ that sucks. I'm going to assume you have the latest drivers and all. I can't imagine it's a CPU problem. The Witcher boards are also very helpful, as are the nvidia boards. Assuming you have one, and not a Radeon. If something gets enough attention, it'll usually get fixed. I have GTX 680, latest drivers etc. Game runs like a dream.

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Yeah, updated drives, 690 Geforce. The computer it runs well on is an AMD but I've always been a Nvidia fan so went back to that for this computer. Wish I could figure out why it runs so slow, but honestly I gave up after an hour and never went back. The disappointment cuts to deep.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

bunch of screenshots on the FB page https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...9019330&type=1

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Hi-res caps & art
    Spoiler: show
    he Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is an unprecedented combination of story-driven RPG and vast, living, open world. CD Projekt RED talks about how the studio achieves this union of different RPG approaches.

“The Witcher 3 is full of impactful decisions, and gamers will choose between storylines that exclude one another in a single playthrough, ensuring extensive replay value. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt crowns the trilogy with the main narrative, revolving around Geralt’s search for his loved ones and his conflict with the Wild Hunt. As players travel through the game, they visit lands with their own unique atmosphere, communities and memorable characters. CD Projekt RED didn’t create an open world with a singular theme, but concentrated on delivering diversified and engaging environments, 30 times larger than those in The Witcher 2.” said Adam Badowski, head of CD projekt RED sudio.

This setting changes depending on gamers’ actions not only when completing Geralt’s personal storyline, but also because of his involvement in major local plotlines in each land visited and many other carefully-designed side quests. All threads of this player-crafted tale interact with each other and the world, creating an even more nonlinear experience than ever before. The main narrative accounts for around 50 hours of gameplay in one playthrough, and the additional stories add another 50 hours of role playing, giving around 100 hours of total gaming time.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt announcement screenshots present the chilly islands of Skellige, one of the lands the players will visit during their adventures. Today CD projekt RED has released a set of in-game images from this archipelago. The images come from an early version of the game as the team develops a new renderer, which will be used in the final game.

The Witcher 3 will be available in 2014 for all high-end platforms, including PlayStation 4.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Null View Post
    Yeah, updated drives, 690 Geforce. The computer it runs well on is an AMD but I've always been a Nvidia fan so went back to that for this computer. Wish I could figure out why it runs so slow, but honestly I gave up after an hour and never went back. The disappointment cuts to deep.
    That's weird as hell, I built an i5-3570k/GTX-680 based system last week and had no issues.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

have no issues with my system @ max either, though I don't run ubersampling because it's just silly. sounds like a malfunctioning component or bad config?

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Think it's pretty much universal that when people say Witcher at Max settings they mean without Ubersampling, cause that shit's just stupid.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Well after finally getting a bit into the first game, it has finally hooked me. The combat is still passable, but it got a bit better as I had more options. I really enjoy how many of the quests in the game are all interconnected with each other and some of the main quests. Raced through the first 2 chapters. Looking like no sign of stopping for me right now. Probably gonna run to the end so I can start up Witcher 2 soon.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

That's surprising considering most people get turned off by the combat system in part 1. I have yet to beat it because of it lol, loved part 2 and beat it a total of 3 times now.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

This is my third attempt of getting into the game. I finally got over the "meh combat" hurdle and got really into the lore and the world. I like how each chapter seems to be its own self contained map where your actions dictate how you interact with a lot of stuff. My biggest drive was getting to Witcher 2, but I can't say I'm not finally enjoying some aspects of the first game.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

[link deleted]

"World supposedly 20% bigger than Skyrim's
    30-40 minutes to cross world on Horseback
    New streaming technology (CDRED Engine 3)
    Geralt's Memory is restored
    No chapters/acts
    Dude is fucking DONE fighting for everyone else
    Everything from solving MYSTERIES to slaying monsters
    Coming out on "all top-of-the-line" consoles—I'd say that confirms next-gen is in."

lol, awesome~ PS4 cant get here soon enough!

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Sorry, not anything about the new game. I can't find a thread for the first one since it's pretty old so I figured I'd just ask here.

I finally am about to finish up Witcher when I get home from work today. I had the enhanced director cut edition so it came with all the DLC modules. Are they worth doing or should I jump straight into Witcher 2? If I should do them, how long should I expect them to be?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I don't think they really added anything to the game. You can proabably just skip it and jump into Witcher 2. Game is boss as fuck. Not much carries over from save info anyway. I remember doing a full clear right before Witcher 2 came out. I was very disappointed with how little carried over. My suggestion is just go to the next game!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag