Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Meh, in excitement posted a gameplay video in Polish, but then I actually saw it was a segment they've already shown in English so no point for people here.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Geralt's wearing shaving cream. I see wut they did thur

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

fuck's sake
    The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - An Open Letter

Dear Gamers,

Ever since we started working on The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, we knew it would be an ambitious game. We wanted, and still aim, to give you an incredible experience, an epic adventure in a vast, completely open fantasy universe.

The sheer size and complexity of The Witcher, key features of the title, have had a decisive impact on production. Now, nearing the end of our work, we see many details that need to be corrected. When we release the most important game in our studio's history, we must be absolutely sure that we did everything we could to limit any bugs to a level that will allow you to enjoy the game thoroughly.

With this in mind, we took another look at current workloads and what they mean for the team. Even though everyone is working at full speed, we concluded that we need another 12 weeks, so we are shifting the release date of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt to May 19th, 2015.

We owe you an apology. We set the release date too hastily. It's a hard lesson, one to take to heart for the future. We know what we want to do to make Wild Hunt one of the best RPGs you will ever play. And we continue to work hard to achieve just that. So, we apologise and ask for your trust.

Thank you for the all support you show us on a daily basis. We truly do appreciate it. It has fueled us in our passion since the start and will continue to do so.

- The Board of CD Projekt SA

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

A cool company like them, it's definitely alright. I know they will make it up to us in the long run, shit I still need to build something worthy of handling such a beast of a game, that or get a PS4.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

^They have yet to let me down. I'll live with it. Got Bloodborne and The Order still coming out in early spring.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

yeah, I'm fine with delaying to make sure it's a quality product, just wish (as they said) they didn't give a specific release date if they weren't all but 100% sure of it. Seems to happen a lot lately, where companies name a specific release date, before pushing it back multiple times (or releasing AC: Unity, lmao)

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    Seems to happen a lot lately, where companies name a specific release date, before pushing it back multiple times (or releasing AC: Unity, lmao)
    I think maybe they set those dates in order to get pre-order numbers, some guarantee of exactly how much money they're going to be pulling in. Whether that is to appease the bank or just be able to project their own financial situation, I don't know. Having a nebulous deadline probably also doesn't help with the urgency of the game with regards to employees putting in the extra hours to get it done. They need something there to push.

And while push-backs are annoying, it's certainly better than releasing AC: Unity on time (although I think that was pushed back once or twice, if I recall correctly).

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

oh I'm sure there are probably some legitimate reasons for it, I'm just venting annoyance since pushing back from a specific release to a later one is more frustrating, as a consumer.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Qalbert View Post
    oh I'm sure there are probably some legitimate reasons for it, I'm just venting annoyance since pushing back from a specific release to a later one is more frustrating, as a consumer.
    Totally with you.

Unrelated: has anyone heard anything about a possible PS3/4 port of Witcher 1/2? Figured they did it for Mass Effect, they might do it for this one, as well.

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amiricle Mihgo
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yea, their track record is pretty good and while a lil diss appointing to have to wait longer I appreciate the honesty & at least I know it will be a kick ass game when it finally releases. Not to mention I'm pretty confident there will be some nice extras post release by way of apology

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Byrd View Post
    Totally with you.

Unrelated: has anyone heard anything about a possible PS3/4 port of Witcher 1/2? Figured they did it for Mass Effect, they might do it for this one, as well.
    Mass Effect's 3 PS3 port was a godawful, laggy abomination. I would definitely think the studio is capable of doing it, but they already did this for XBOX360, they said they had to rebuild the engine so it could run on the hardware, not sure if they would do it again for Playstation, but would not be surprised given how awesome they are in general. With that being said, with full attention on trying to get Witcher 3 perfect and polished, I doubt it's going to be anytime soon, unless it's outsourced.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

almost to a full year pushback. oh well.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'd rather them not release it until they are absolutely pleased with it. CDPR knows what it takes to make a satisfying game.

I feel a little let down, but i'd rather wait till they can resolve whatever issues they are having instead of waiting for the inevitable "enhanced" edition. Also this is all neogaf's fault, they created a giant shitstorm about how shitty the trailer looked and eventually gaming news sites started picking up on it. I didn't even feel like what they showed off looked like a fucking downgrade.

EDIT: I guess I can see how people would be wary after Watch Dogs, Destiny and AC: Unity.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I'm not even mad. These guys know what they're doing and they're not gonna go Ubisoft on us anytime soon (hopefully ever). Push it back and give us a quality product. Hearing a release day several times now is disappointing but it'll still be a day 1 purchase for me and the other big Witcher game fans out there.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Some screenies:
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=952609

There's also a piece on the site that shouldn't me mentioned that you will be able to play as Ciri during certain parts of the game.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

is ciri a midget?

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Galkaeater View Post
    is ciri a midget?
    Can't tell if srs. But no she's not a midget. She's actually a princess of Cintra and plays a huge role in the Witcher novels.

Ciri's back story from the witcher books (spoilered in case people want to see the back story in the new game):
    Spoiler: show
    Geralt lifts a curse for the Queen of Cintra and in return he manage to snag Ciri who was unborn at the time. Fast forward a bit, Ciri's parents are lost at sea during a storm and she ends up living in Cintra and the Skellige islands until Geralt inevitably crosses paths with her. Cintra is kinda a mess after that with blood relatives vying for the throne, Ciri from what I remember literally has the strongest tie to the throne but Geralt ends up keeping it on the down low since bitches be murdering people trying to claim Cintra. Geralt keeps a close eye on her too since she has premonitions and occasionally experiences random feats of magic, she ends up getting witcher and magic training to help her keep it under control.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Would love to get the game soon after The division.

Han Cholo

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Only after? lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 53 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size