Closed Thread
Page 160 of 236 FirstFirst ... 110 150 158 159 160 161 162 170 210 ... LastLast
    Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

MLB TV looks better on the ps4 than it does on my HD cable box.... get with the times knology.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Cable problem? Unless the box does not output at the same resolution that should not happen. Assuming both are hdmi .

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

most cable boxes only output at 1080i, which is noticeably worse on bigger TVs

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Has anyone encounter any malfunctions with the ps4? Bought one about a week ago and it randomly beeps 3 Times.... sometimes it does it several times. Put a disc in and it looks like it's the eject button since it ejected the disc while on stand by mode.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Adajer Vonte
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Tichondrius

Quote Originally Posted by Prothescar View Post
    most cable boxes only output at 1080i, which is noticeably worse on bigger TVs
    This is true. ATT boxes do 720p or 1080i. I just keep it on 720p. Aint nobody got time for interlaced.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

The Knology( now Wow!) is outdated. Almost all channels on my HD box were coming in as 720. Even when 1080 is quality was poor. I constantly had the digital boxes and audio skips. I finally just canceled my cable and I just have internet now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sygnuskain View Post
    Has anyone encounter any malfunctions with the ps4? Bought one about a week ago and it randomly beeps 3 Times.... sometimes it does it several times. Put a disc in and it looks like it's the eject button since it ejected the disc while on stand by mode.
    Is it possible the touch sensor is effed on the eject button? Those buttons are a bit silly... I have had mine since launch and while I have recently been torn away from it by Dark Souls 2, I have put a decent amount of hours into it. Still no issues with the system, though i did get stick covers for my Dual Shock 4 just to delay the (seemingly) inevitable wear on the stick rubber that people are seeing. Just got some silly 4.99 grip covers and they are doing the trick.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

v1.70 detailed
    At PlayStation, we love hearing the great feedback we get from our passionate community of gamers. That’s why I’m excited to announce that our highly-anticipated system software update for PlayStation 4 (v1.70) will be released tomorrow, with a huge number of your demanded features, and expanding upon what we believe is the most socially connected console experience. One feature that I’m most excited about is SHAREfactory, our new rich video editing app. In addition, we’re launching updates for PlayStation Vita (v3.15) and PlayStation App (v1.70) that will deliver greater integration with your PS4 system.

Here’s a rundown of what you can expect with tomorrow’s software updates:

PlayStation 4 v1.70 Update

SHAREfactory: After you update your PS4 to v1.70, an icon to download our free SHAREfactory app will appear on your PS4 system’s home screen once it’s available. Once installed, SHAREfactory allows you to easily customize your gameplay videos with special effects, video commentary with picture-in-picture capability through PlayStation Camera, and custom soundtracks using the included audio tracks or your original music imported from a USB drive. You can then share your videos on Facebook or export them to an external USB storage device. The app is packed with plenty of cool, but accessible, tools. It’s simple enough to use for beginning editors, while functioning as a rich video editor for those with more creative aspirations. Check out our new SHAREfactory video that provides a walkthrough of what you can expect:

Automatic Pre-download: No more waiting until after a game is released to start downloading select pre-ordered games from PlayStation Store. This new feature allows you to get to your games faster by automatically downloading select pre-ordered games up to several days in advance of the release, so that it’s ready to play as soon as the game is released on launch day. There’s also a countdown timer prior to the release of the game so you’ll know how soon your game will be available for you to start playing.

Option to Disable HDCP for Games: This highly requested feature will allow you to have the option to turn off HDCP for games so you can capture longer gameplay sessions directly from your HDMI output and export them elsewhere.

USB Export Option for Captured Gameplay: It’s now even easier to show off your heroic gaming moments and the SHAREfactory videos you create with the world using this feature to export your videos and screenshots to a USB drive. Just click on the DualShock 4 SHARE button, save your gameplay on a USB drive, and then share your proudest achievements on other social networks and other video platforms.

Live Broadcasting in HD and Archiving Support: We’ve increased the resolution for live broadcasts so you and your friends can watch games livestreamed in 720p HD. You can also archive your broadcasts on Twitch or Ustream and watch them again later.

New SHARE Options: We’ve got a number of new SHARE settings that will give you better control of what you want to share with your friends.

New DualShock 4 Options: New light bar settings have been added for DualShock 4, allowing you to change it to Bright, Medium or Dim in the Settings menu. The touchpad has also been updated, allowing you to navigate the on-screen keyboard using the DualShock 4 touchpad.

New Friends Options: It’s now easier to find Friends and send requests with the ability to search Friends-of-Friends, view Mutual Friends on another user’s profile, and accept Friend requests directly from the Friends list.

New Trophies Sort Option: You can now sort Trophies by rarity in the Options menu.

PlayStation Store Payment Support: Similar to PS3, we’re introducing Alternative Payment Methods (APMs) for PS4 for content purchased on PS Store, starting with PayPal support.

More PlayStation Camera Commands: More voice commands are added to PlayStation Camera, allowing you to launch the apps installed on your PS4 with the sound of your voice.

New PlayStation Plus Icon: For Plus members, you’ll now have the PS Plus icon appear next to your SEN ID on the login screen, home screen and other areas across the PS4 system’s sleek user interface.

Music Unlimited SHARE Options: With a Music Unlimited subscription, you can easily share your favorite songs with your friends by pressing the SHARE button on your DualShock 4.

PlayStation Vita v3.15 Update

PS4 Link Update for Remote Play: Linking your PS4 and PS Vita together will now be easier with the 3.15 update for PS Vita. It’ll enable Automatic Device Registration, which will automatically detect and pair both systems when they’re both online and the same user is signed in to both devices. This makes it even quicker for you to get started on Remote Play or access other second screen features.

PlayStation App v1.70 Update

Push Notifications, Friend Requests and More: This new PlayStation app update will give you the option to receive Push Notifications for select PS4 updates you want to receive, such as gameplay Invitations, Game Alerts or Friend Requests. You can also receive Friend Requests via email or text messages with the app update. Also, it’s now easier to change your profile picture right from your mobile device by uploading an image from your photo library, or taking a photo using your in-device camera.

We can’t wait until the software updates are released so you can start enjoying all of these great features. In particular, I look forward to seeing your SHAREfactory videos and seeing all the creative ways you can make your gameplay moments memorable.

Let’s keep the conversation going – we love getting feedback from you and seeing what else we can come up with to continue making PlayStation 4 the best place to play. Please let us know and we’ll continue to always serve up great content and features to you – the gamer.
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/...ta-and-ps-app/

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Project Morpheus demo

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

For "day 1 digital games" when do they actually get released on the store? Thinking of buying the show to play tonight after work, but I don't want to buy digital in case they keep it locked until the store updates late Tuesday night

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

It usually won't be up til store updates, get a physical one if you're really worried about playing asap

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Alright, thanks

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Trials Fusion was available just after midnight EST. So I guess ymmv or first party titles update later?

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Day 1 release are up at around 3 am est

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Wouldn't kill Sony to just include countdown timers on Day1 game storepages like Steam does.

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Good thing I didn't buy it, day 1 release at 3 am est I'm reading no one can buy or download the game lol

BG Level

Well iirc since last patch you can download specific games days in advance now, and it will unlock when the game releases

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meliadoul Tinjeru
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Watch Dogs will be the first game to use the pre-load, I believe.

http://gearnuke.com/sony-fails-deliv...ital-purchase/

Sony Fails To Deliver Day 1 Digital For MLB 14: The Show On PS4, Offers Refund For Digital Purchase

MLB 14: The Show was supposed to be one of the many Day 1 Digital title for the PS4, which allowed its user to download the game on its official release. Unfortunately, in the case of MLB 14: The Show, it never worked.

A whole set of angry comments were posted by various users on the official PlayStation Blog and reddit regarding Sony’s failure to deliver on their Day 1 digital program.

People who got it digitally were supposed to utilize the Day 1 Digital offer, which would have gone live at 12:01 AM EST. As time passed, this never happened, even after several hours. Instead, it only increased the annoyance of those people, who wanted to download and play the game at the expected time.

If you feel like getting a refund, we recommend contacting Sony’s Support. A few people have already claimed a refund, although the refunds seem to be in the form of PSN wallet cash.

MLB 14: The Show is also available through retail. It was released on the PS3 and PS Vita last month. The PS Vita and PS3 version support cross-save with the PS4 version, which means you can continue your progress from either of these versions to the PS4.

Are you one of the affected customer? Did you get MLB 14: The Show digitally? Let us know in the comments below.

BG Level

Rumor only for now

This week's famitsu leak has Valkyria Chronicle 1 Remake, 2&3 Remake coming out for Playstation 4.

-1 releasing this summer, 2&3 fall.
    -1 has visual upgrade
    -2 and 3 are remake with graphics based on 1's visual style
    -includes every DLC
    -lots of balance adjustments

source is 2ch leak but its reliable source so its basically confirmed.

edit: It seems like its 2 separate titles. 1 is releasing separately and 2&3 areole release