BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

:

The UK newspaper The Times is reporting that Sony will sell the PlayStation 4 for £300 at launch in the UK. To compare the PlayStation 3 launched at £425 in the UK.

"Industry sources and leaked internal documents suggest that Sony is considering pricing the new device at about £300, more than £100 cheaper than the starting cost of its predecessor, the PlayStation 3," read the report.

Sony is expected to unveil the PlayStation 4 this Wednesday, February 20, at an event in New York City.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

What time is this shit starting?

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Where was the PSP: Go?

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

6pm Eastern, according to Engadget.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

A reliable Kotaku source has informed us that the PlayStation 4, codenamed Orbis, will be out this November in the United States.

Our source tells us that there are two models planned for the new machine, and that pricing won't be announced until later this year, possibly around E3. The current plan, our source says, is to release them at $429 and $529, but that could change.

New information revealed by our source suggests that you'll be able to control the PS4 remotely from your tablet or smartphone. You'll be able to use a mobile device to chat with your PS4 friends or buy games which are then automatically downloaded to your machine, our source says.

Orbis is also following the path first set by Xbox Live: our source says "most" of the PS4's online features will require a premium subscription to use. Sony's new online service will be called PlayStation World, our source says, replacing PlayStation Plus.

our source says that every PS4 will come with a PlayStation Eye; that a new spectating feature will let you watch other friends play games from your console's dashboard, even when you don't own the game they're playing; and that the console will support local network play via Vita.
    http://kotaku.com/5985356/source-the...ith-your-phone

More than a decade ago, the Sony executive credited as the "Father of the PlayStation" predicted that one day videogames wouldn't require a console, because the hardware would eventually "melt" into a network that linked players together. All they would need, Ken Kutaragi said, is a display and a controller.

As Sony prepares to take the wraps off a new home console, it will take one major step closer to that vision. The Japanese electronics conglomerate's next PlayStation will allow users to play games streamed over the Internet as well as on discs, according to people familiar with Sony's plans.

The new feature is one of many expected on Sony's next game machine, which is slated to be unveiled at an event in New York on Wednesday. But the addition of streaming exemplifies how the videogame industry is searching for new ideas to cope with dramatic shifts in technology and consumer behavior.

So companies have been developing ways to run such software on server systems and stream it over the Internet to customers, an approach sometimes called "cloud gaming." One of them is Gaikai, which was purchased by Sony last July for $380 million. The deal was spearheaded by Sony Chief Executive Kazuo Hirai, a former protégé to Mr. Kutaragi, who no longer plays a day-to-day role at the company.

Since the acquisition, Sony has been investing heavily to prepare Gaikai's technology to enhance its new console, the people familiar with Sony's plans said. Sony has been preparing the technology to be used to allow users to play current PlayStation 3 games on the device, making a broader array of titles available at the outset, these people said. The new device is also expected to play new games stored on optical discs.

But streaming could have implications beyond well-dedicated game machines, potentially allowing Sony's smartphones and televisions to tap into graphics-heavy games they can't play now. Andrew House, head of Sony's videogame unit, said in July that the Gaikai acquisition was a "recognition on Sony's part that the cloud and cloud-streaming technologies are going to have a profound and possibly a very positive impact."

The new PlayStation also will allow players to share achievements on social networks through smoother links to Facebook or Twitter, while also enabling aspects such as sharing footage of game play online through YouTube, people familiar with Sony's plans said. Sony's new console may also allow users to compete against others using different hardware, such as smartphones and other portable devices, those people said.

Microsoft's successor to its current console, the Xbox 360, is expected to arrive before year-end, according to people familiar with the software giant's plans. Like Sony, Microsoft has also used AMD chips in prototypes of its new console, those people said, and it has worked on upgrades for the cameras and other components in its "Kinect" motion controller to better identify, track and hear gamers as they play.

Microsoft, while it has tested cloud gaming, is putting greater emphasis on software that allows the Xbox to interact with mobile devices like Apple's iPad. The company is also planning to create new interactive TV content to be played on its consoles, after opening up a new production studio in Southern California.
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...152891294.html

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rokku Swarfjaryn
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

God, who do they get to write this crap at Kotaku? I don't know how many times they could've fit "our source says" into that few of sentences, but they sure as hell were going for some sort of record. The Playstation World and Eye thing go against pretty much everything I've heard from a few work contacts at SCEA though.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Kotaku is a tabloid. Nothing more, nothing less.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pabsteh Hirayama
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

So apparently people are getting a $10 voucher from psn for being loyal customers. I'm at work so I can't check but if true me thinks I'm going to pick up that dark souls dlc that just got a price drop.

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Its true, I just got one and googled to see if it was legit lol... Figure either it was or I'd open the message and the matrix would open up my PS3 and wipe my HDD in some bullshit hacker fashion.

But it totally is, and its totally awesome.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Seems not everyone is getting them. I certainly didn't receive one, oh well. Maybe one will come along eventually.

Nice timing though, Sony.

I'm in PS+, bought stuff in the last few weeks, and I didn't get it

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    6pm Eastern, according to Engadget.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zap Brannigan
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Fuck i go to work at 6pm i'm goint to miss thi btw got the $10 credit!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

They are prolly rolling out the coupons in waves. If check again later if you didn't get one

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

How long have the people getting the voucher been PSN+ members? I recently joined so I don't think I got one, although I'm not sure where to look.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

had plus since it started

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Was never a member except for that psn hacking deal, when they gave it our free for a month.

BEAHCAT
    BOSTON'S FINEST

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mith Lothaire
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Cenarius

Been a PSN+ member since it started, and spent a decent amount of money on vita downloads.

No coupon code, oh well

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Sending in waves... since you have Vita tied to it you should get $30 instead of $10.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 236 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast