+ Reply to Thread
    Ridill
    BG Level

casually hardcore late night 10 man looking for a few

Dark Resolve (A) US-Kil'Jaeden 10 man

Very late night, 2am-6am eastern t/w/th

Sooooo... to make a long story short...

After getting to 15/16 last week, between replacing a bad and the drama that resulted from that, and just deciding a couple people had no-showed too many times, we went from 12 raiders to 7 in about 20 hours, lol

So we now have immediate need for a tank, a shaman that at least has a healing offspec, and something like a great mage (our dps spots are extremely strict-- if we're not making an enrage because of you, you're not going to be there the next week... and you might find yourself with another mage trying for your spot in the raid the very next night).

We're 15/16H despite having had to deal with a whole bunch of absences and some turnover since Christmas.

We raid Tues/Wed/Thurs from 2am eastern to 6am eastern. We also run Sundays or Mondays some weeks during heavy progression, or as makeup nights if something happens during the week.

We're Alliance, on US-Kil'Jaeden.

Some vids:

my original channel, has some kill vids and some of us goofing off during raids:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCES...QFURvDBPenA6TA

my new channel cuz fuck youtube's password recovery >.>:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqn...UkN5gVWO98hukQ

spriest's channel: (not all the stuff in here is with our guild)
    https://www.youtube.com/user/pbothegreat/videos?view=0

If you're interested, you can PM me here, add me on realid (Laila#1296), or look in game for Vandenz or Lexie. (feel free to ask other people in guild if you don't see us, may be online but on alts or whatever)

If you talk to Van or Lexie tell em Lail said if you're replying to this post you're probably worth considering at least.

you can also go to our website

http://darkresolvekj.enjin.com/

anyway, just thought I'd let people know, even though I don't think there's many serious late-nighters around here, although aussies/nz/singapore etc people are certainly welcome to check us out too!

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

I've been starting to hunt for a new guild since my current doesn't take raiding as seriously as I do and it's fucking frustrating; that being said, I'm not any of the classes you're looking for yet; levelnig a mage, but I main a lock. That and your hours are fucked for me, that's midnight to 4 am, and those are all right before work days, so I'd have to decline :-\

Ridill
    BG Level

The only ones that are like specifically "must have X" are the tank for obvious reasons and the shaman cuz shaman raid cd's are just fucktarded atm.

We definitely would like to have a mage for the dps spot, but anything capable can fill the role, and we'll be aiming for a 12 man roster once we're back to our solid 10, so as to avoid problems when attendance issues arise.

We'd also have absolutely no problem picking up 2 tanks and moving me to dps, either. We've actually ended up with 0 melee through this, and we won't ever go over 1 melee; I'd love to snag that 1 spot while it's open lol.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

this tempts me but Im out of your schedule and dont have a shaman I want to raid on (hunter ftwww)
    good luck in your search

Ridill
    BG Level

Thanks, and oh there's a couple things you actually made me think of:

Yeah, our times are awkward as fuck for a lot of people. I work outside in Kansas so from like april to september my work schedule is like 5am-10am and 5pm-9pm. We have a couple of Aussies, others with odd schedules like me, and even a couple that just have to be up all night to deal with really yung'uns so the spouse can sleep uninterrupted.

No changing that, but we do also have an alt raid that's trying to get a bit more serious, and I believe they raid from like 9pm to midnight eastern and are still working out what nights they want to do long term.

Our current raid comp is this:
    Tank1: open
    Tank2: me, dk used as dps for any fights that are 1-tankable
    dps: spriest
    dps: lock
    dps: hunter
    dps: moonkin
    dps: open
    flex: open
    healer1: paladin
    healer2: monk

The shaman isn't necessarily absolutely required, as the hunter has one he can swap to, but we'd rather avoid having to catch it up on gear. He's also the leader and one of the best players, so to win his hunter spot will be hard.

Either of our healers is capable of swapping to dps, but the paladin is one of the best pve healers you'll ever see, so we'd rather avoid that. The monk is very, very good as well, so yeah if you want one of the full time healer spots to push them into dps, you'd definitely have a lot to prove.

The tank spots are probably the easiest, due to the fact that tanking is easy is fuck in panda and wipes due to tank gear are virtually non-existent.

The dps can be whatever, like I said we do have a melee spot open.

Finally, we usually don't run MSV anymore unless we have a buyer. This week we're planning to run some MSV and HoF heroic with trials, we may do Terrace if we get lucky enough to fill up with really solid people in time. We'll probably run it again a bit more if we have to regear people moving forward.

So, yeah, I think I've covered most of the important stuff now.

also, proof of just how awesome a hunter van really is:

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

I wouldnt want to shift someone else away from their job, thats not my thing. With the right group I know for certain I could be up there if I needed to be, but I have a lot of shit to do atm, so its easier to just enjoy wow instead of working it. I raided hardcore back during wrath with BTLs wow group, enjoyed the hell out of it till some drama at the end made me take a break. Skipped most of cata because meh, pandas is nice and while I love my new raiding guild I wish they had a little bit more oomph to move forward. Yeah, were still on the first raid, because they are lazy, I regularly top DPS with my LFR gear and sheer willpower by a significant amount. Its fun to be awesome, I just wish we could all be awesome at once.

Best of luck, really, if I hear from any shamans looking for some badasses to run with, Ill send em your way.

Ridill
    BG Level

Aye, not trying to push anyone into interest or anything, just reminded me of stuff I should clarify for anyone that might be interested.

This tier has definitely occasionally gotten to feel like a chore, and I was actually planning to take the 5.2 tier off and play very casually if at all, and maybe get into the ffxi expansion. Hopefully though if we're able to get back from this quicklly, we'll probably get to have a month or 2 of 1 night raid weeks before 5.2 hits to "recover" lol, so I'll probably just keep at it.

I do appreciate any interest or passing on of info if people know others that might be interested, we're hoping to barely miss a step here so casting a pretty wide net.

Ridill
    BG Level

looking like we're all set, should find out by sunday if the people are going to work

we'll still be looking for a couple extras to take it to 11 or 12, we'd especially still like to pick up a mage

if there's anyone solid that can't play fulltime anymore or anything like that and would like to have a spot that was just kind of... we'll call/text if we need you or whatever, that's always nice to have as well, we have one guy like that who had to stop playing full time because of a new job

edit: crap shaman actually didn't work out so we still need one >< need at least a healing offspec but main ele or enhance doesn't matter

Ridill
    BG Level

So we recruited a new monk that was looking really promising... and he transferred to KJ only to quit WoW within a few days lol.

So we're pretty much all set on other stuff, but now we're looking for a tank, lol.

Ridill
    BG Level

Got a beastly tank going, but we're still looking for a strong caster, particularly a spriest but we'd take a sexy mage or lock for sure.

Got started on Sha attempts Thursday, hopefully we'll get him down Sunday. If not we'll probably just extend and go til we get him next week. Want that FOS!

Ridill
    BG Level

So, a full tier later, lol...

Ra-den down, looking to shore up the roster for t16. Particularly looking for a really good disc priest and caster dps.

Raids are 1:30am-5:30am central -- 2:30edt/11:30pm pdt, tues/wed/thu/sun (technically wed/thu/fri/mon mornings everywhere but pacific, but yeah you get the idea)

Now would be the time if you're undergeared or newer to raiding but are confident you can hang at the high end.

Or, of course, if you're all set up looking for a great group for siege.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

i don't know what time that is in JP. figure it out, and i'll tell you yes/no

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

oddly enough, i have both a disc priest i'm gearing, and the lock I currently raid on

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amy Adams
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Uther

It's like 3:30PM(15:30 since you're military, right?) JST.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

well, shit. that's a no, for sure. middle of the workday. sucks, because I'd totally join, if they'd take me.

Ridill
    BG Level

yeah 3:30 jp sounds right

too bad ><